What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Why do people keep thinking Erron Black will be the "unimaginable loss"? Dude hasn't even done shit yet. All he's done is stand around while his cape flaps in the wind. He and Kotal hardly seem like they're best chums.

It's probably his father/family.
I know. "Unimaginable loss" sounds more like Kotals father is gonna die.
I think Erron isnt here because Sonya hunts him or got him captured for kidnapping Cassie.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Why do people keep thinking Erron Black will be the "unimaginable loss"? Dude hasn't even done shit yet. All he's done is stand around while his cape flaps in the wind. He and Kotal hardly seem like they're best chums.

BECAUSE....people like him and they always kill what people like...
But its more or less that he is him right hand man now and in everything showing the future he is not shown or mentioned...
Really all the need is a 3 page back story on how they are BFFs and thats it...
besides he already bitch smacked his dad said he didn't like him and that he was weak...

I know. "Unimaginable loss" sounds more like Kotals father is gonna die.
I think Erron isnt here because Sonya hunts him or got him captured for kidnapping Cassie.
It seems weird that the description would refer to Kotal's father as a "fallen alley", but maybe they refer to him as so to serve as a cover.

Also the cover for issue 6 has Kotal , Dvorah, Ferra/Torr, and Reptile facing off the Shokan army. No Erron Black to be seen.....

Edit: oops already pointed out on the last page

Last edited:

Dark

Noob
King Gorback was Goro's father in the old non canon animated series and comics.

Goro defeated
Kintaro defeated
Now the king.. seems the shokan aren't doing well.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I think everyone is joking about it being JC lol
I don't think most are considering the nature of fan theories but I'm not even serious about thinking it, I just got seriously chewed up over pondering it in my confusion (I didn't say "it's Johnny!") so if it turns out to be true it'd be ~interwebz justice~.

Tl;Dr, I would just be amused if it was true.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Who the hell is King Gorbak?
Did the "and his Shokan Army" not give away that he might be King of the Shokan? :p

Because
A. He and D'Vorah are his second-in-commands. Just because we haven't seen him do much yet doesn't mean he hasn't done anything important at all. He's probably one of Kotal's best allies for all we know.
B. He's not in the picture helping Kotal fight, and as one of his second-in-commands what reason does he have for not helping other than being dead? (Never mind that question, Rice could be right about Erron being captured or something, but I doubt he'd go after Cassie and Jacqui alone...) His dad doesn't even have that much relevance to the story right now, just his past, and Kotal almost killed him anyway in the comic :DOGE:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Did the "and his Shokan Army" not give away that he might be King of the Shokan? :p

Because
A. He and D'Vorah are his second-in-commands. Just because we haven't seen him do much yet doesn't mean he hasn't done anything important at all. He's probably one of Kotal's best allies for all we know.
B. He's not in the picture helping Kotal fight, and as one of his second-in-commands what reason does he have for not helping other than being dead? (Never mind that question, Rice could be right about Erron being captured or something, but I doubt he'd go after Cassie and Jacqui alone...) His dad doesn't even have that much relevance to the story right now, just his past, and Kotal almost killed him anyway in the comic :DOGE:
What makes you think he almost killed him? I don't think punching a clearly supernatural being into a wall is almost killing them.

Kotal clearly loves his dad, he went to Earthrealm just to make the dude proud.

If my dad told me travel to a far off land for years of my life to fulfill some bullshit tradition and then tell me I did it wrong without any good explanation i'd probably clock the fucker too. Doesn't mean I don't love him or anything.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What makes you think he almost killed him? I don't think punching a clearly supernatural being into a wall is almost killing them.

Kotal clearly loves his dad, he went to Earthrealm just to make the dude proud.

If my dad told me travel to a far off land for years of my life to fulfill some bullshit tradition and then tell me I did it wrong without any good explanation i'd probably clock the fucker too. Doesn't mean I don't love him or anything.
You...don't really understand the doge thing do you?

:DOGE