What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It'll most likely be out on google play already, or at least I'm assuming that since Catnip got his early enough. I'm getting mine from Comixology so I won't get mine until later in the morning/afternoon. Buuuuuuuutttttttt until then enjoy these preview pages from IGN :)

RAIDEN DON'T FUCKING KILL FUJIN GODDAMNIT THIS IS WHY HE SHOULD BE EARTHREALM'S PROTECTOR INSTEAD OF YOU

Dark

Noob
Nice issue.
What happens after the preview:

Sonya and Johnny seem to be split up, Cassie prefers Johnny. Johnny got an award for worst actor.

Sonya meets with Kotal Kahn, and his two deadliest warriors: D'Vorah and Erron Black. Kotal's been warring with Mileena for the throne for 10 years. Mileena is in league with the red dragon and Kotal wants help from the special forces to eradicate them. Sonya refuses and D'Vorah attacks, Kotal insists that they are not there to fight.

Cassie and Jacqui enter a 21 and over fight club type place. Cassie signs up, not knowing that she signed up for a deathmatch. Her opponent is Frost. (Don't think Frost is gonna make it out of this one.)

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Nice issue.
What happens after the preview:

Sonya and Johnny seem to be split up, Cassie prefers Johnny. Johnny got an award for worst actor.

Sonya meets with Kotal Kahn, and his two deadliest warriors: D'Vorah and Erron Black. Kotal's been warring with Mileena for the throne for 10 years. Mileena is in league with the red dragon and Kotal wants help from the special forces to eradicate them. Sonya refuses and D'Vorah attacks, Kotal insists that they are not there to fight.

Cassie and Jacqui enter a 21 and over fight club type place. Cassie signs up, not knowing that she signed up for a deathmatch. Her opponent is Frost. (Don't think Frost is gonna make it out of this one.)
Mind if I ask where you got chapter #4?

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Hey guys I have a problem. I get my issues from googleplay. So I get my issue but when I go to open it my phone freezes. And I can't read the issue.

Youphemism

Google play.

And anyone know whether we are allowed to link to magazine pics here? I got some of Erron Black.
Erron Black? Interesting... I haven't read it yet since I buy mine from Comixology for the awesome guided view :)

You may as well, not like anyone checks this thread anyway :DOGE

I$AAC

Noob
Guys, take a look at Erron Black's hands and compare it with the pic Ed Boon released. I think we have our answer now.

Youphemism

Guys, take a look at Erron Black's hands and compare it with the pic Ed Boon released. I think we have our answer now.
Ugh I want the comic now! BibleThump

If anyone has screenshotted the whole thing or anything that'd be cool...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
So it's starting to look like Kotal Kahn is more of a good guy than bad.

I'm guessing that Mileena is the big bad last boss everyone's fighting against now.

I am totally okay with this.

I think she was just fighting Kotal for his throne. She is not actually in power at the moment.

So it's starting to look like Kotal Kahn is more of a good guy than bad.

I'm guessing that Mileena is the big bad last boss everyone's fighting against now.

I am totally okay with this.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fucking called it.

My educated speculation:

-Mileena is the last surviving heir to Shao's throne, and will be ruler for some short period of time.
-Kotal Kahn has been confirmed to be the new ruler of Outworld, meaning 1 of 3 things:
1. He kills Mileena and probably some other top grunts like Kintaro/Goro/Sheeva/Baraka/Reptile(I doubt reptile).
2. He makes Mileena his bride somehow. This is the one I think would be the most interesting.
3. Something happens to Mileena(death by other means/steps down/flees the thrown) and he just emerges from the fight for the throne as the new Kahn.
-If Mileena isn't killed she'll more than likely want to take Kotal off of the top spot and reclaim it, leading to her joining the forces of good temporarily.
I thought Mileena would be the one asking Earthrealm for help, wow, i'm glad I had it backwards actually.

Another one of my prediction is getting more and more fleshed out as well, about Raiden being the big bad of MKX in some fashion. He almost killed Fujin and barely gave half of a fuck.

Last edited: