What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Dark

Noob
I just REALLY hope that it's intentional that the kamidogu of order has an outworld symbol. If that's a mistake, its a pretty big one.

Also.. the one Scorpion and Fox used, I believe that is the earthrealm kamidogu. The two dots followed by the circle at the bottom of it is similar enough to the original earth kamidogu.

MCPeePants

Bout it
interesting stuff in this IGN article

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/23/preview-for-mortal-kombat-x-chapter-4-from-dc-comics

most interesting line i saw was this one describing Kotal Khan
"He looks like a mindless barbarian, and he can be, but he's nobody's fool. Unlike say, Shao Kahn, Kotal is more interested in being a leader than a conqueror."
Yea, Kotal has thus far struck me as quite regal and fair as a ruler. Good design, thus far. Can't wait to see this next comic.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Uggggghhhh. In the preview, both Cassie and her adversary are drawn so blandly, without any real discernible features. If it wasn't for the awkward letter on her shirt, I wouldn't have even recognized her.

Uggggghhhh. In the preview, both Cassie and her adversary are drawn so blandly, without any real discernible features. If it wasn't for the awkward letter on her shirt, I wouldn't have even recognized her.
well in fairness to the artist it looks like they're just fighting around the house and not like a for reals death match so it makes sense to not have the costumes yet

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
man people are impatient with these characters. How difficult is it to understand realistically these characters are going to have some casual clothes.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
well in fairness to the artist it looks like they're just fighting around the house and not like a for reals death match so it makes sense to not have the costumes yet
Not about the choice of clothes, it's about the detail and quality of the artwork. Awkward posing, lack of detail and texture in the apparel line work/coloring, and no real discernible facial features. Plus, just a big "C" on Cassie's shirt? That "C" doesn't stand for creative, apparently. A comic is a truly visual medium, and to squander that opportunity with substandard art is disappointing. It's not like the dialogue was so good that the art quality didn't matter, lol.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Not about the choice of clothes, it's about the detail and quality of the artwork. Awkward posing, lack of detail and texture in the apparel line work/coloring, and no real discernible facial features. Plus, just a big "C" on Cassie's shirt? That "C" doesn't stand for creative, apparently. A comic is a truly visual medium, and to squander that opportunity with substandard art is disappointing. It's not like the dialogue was so good that the art quality didn't matter, lol.
you're being super critical about a filler page. god i cant imagine how you would watch movies the second their isn't 1st class cinematography you would lose your shit.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
you're being super critical about a filler page. god i cant imagine how you would watch movies the second their isn't 1st class cinematography you would lose your shit.
It's cool, you can enjoy substandard shit. I don't. This is probably why we don't fuck each other anymore.