What's new

Guide MK9 Top 10 of all time

we'll never be on that big a stage again.
How right or wrong am I? Who did I leave off. Make your case.
You're speaking too soon. Things are in the works. MK9 may yet grow larger than ever.

Also, shouldnt @a foxy grampa be on there? didnt het get like top 2 at every tournament except the one that he was hospitalized in which he got 9th... at evo?
Also Reo should be 1st. He has been the most consistently top player. and in the end he won out over PL knocking him out of evo.
also, you over dizzy? damn, dizzy on blast? :p When's the last time you beat him in tournament?
Also, i'm not sure about JR, he was only successful in 2012 (same for pig).
Also, what about Chris G?
Also, tom brady was saying on the list of top 10 worst players in mk history he's #1 lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So MK is so imbalanced that if you are right outside the top 10 you are mid tier?
That is the very definition of a mid tier character? He isn't top tier, but he sure as hell isn't low tier. Wtf else is he? He is a higher mid tier character, more commonly referred to on here as A tier.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
reo's tournament record for mk9 off da head

Power Up 2011 - 3rd
East Coast Throwdown 3 -3rd
Evolution 2011 - 2nd
MLG Raleigh 2011 - 1st
New Challengers X - 3rd
Devastation - 1st
Seasons Beatings: Velocity - 2nd
North Eastern Championship XII - 3rd
APEX 2012 - 3rd
Revolution X - 2nd
Winter Brawl 6 - 2nd
Final Round XV - 1st
MLG Columbus 2012 - 2nd
Flawless Victory - 2nd
Toryuken - 1st
On the Edge II - 1st
MLG Anaheim - 9th
CEO 2012 - 1st
EVO 2012 - 17th
MLG Raleigh 2012 - 1st
MLG Dallas 2012 - 1st
NEC 2012 - 1st
Civil War 2013 - 1st
Operation Wolf - 1st
ECT 2013 - 1st
Evolution 2013 - 2nd
The amount of 1st place and second place finishes here.. Why is there even a debate? On top of that REO just took PL out at EVO.

If you aren't going to count community majors towards a resume then why should people travel to them? They HAVE to count. And i'm talking about recognized community MAJORS that at minimum 60-70 people showed up for.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
That is the very definition of a mid tier character? He isn't top tier, but he sure as hell isn't low tier. Wtf else is he? He is a higher mid tier character, more commonly referred to on here as A tier.
I don't want to get this thread off topic anymore. If you want to continue the conversation PM me.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
If we take an Olympic approach...

The way medal table is formed at the Olympics is by sorting nations by total gold medals won, then by total silver medals won and then by total bronze medals won. Number of gold medals is more important than total (gold+silver+bronze) number of medals. For example, at the 2012 Summer Olympics South Korea won 13 gold medals and 28 medals overall and finished ranked #5 on the medal table, while Germany won 11 gold medals and 44 medals overall and finished ranked #6 overall (despite their total medal tally being greater than S. Korea's).

If we consider Evo as an equivalent of the Olympic gold medal, MLGs as equivalent of the Olympic silver and other majors as equivalents of bronze medals then Perfect Legend is the #1 player.

As ABBA once sang- The Winner Takes It All...

[Song was a hit for a reason lol] ;)

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
why so humble 16 bit? putting yourself at 8 you silly goose.....
well i got to say nice list, and on any given day these players go toe to toe with each other.

Vagrant

Noob
reo's tournament record for mk9 off da head

Power Up 2011 - 3rd
East Coast Throwdown 3 -3rd
Evolution 2011 - 2nd
MLG Raleigh 2011 - 1st
New Challengers X - 3rd
Devastation - 1st
Seasons Beatings: Velocity - 2nd
North Eastern Championship XII - 3rd
APEX 2012 - 3rd
Revolution X - 2nd
Winter Brawl 6 - 2nd
Final Round XV - 1st
MLG Columbus 2012 - 2nd
Flawless Victory - 2nd
Toryuken - 1st
On the Edge II - 1st
MLG Anaheim - 9th
CEO 2012 - 1st
EVO 2012 - 17th
MLG Raleigh 2012 - 1st
MLG Dallas 2012 - 1st
NEC 2012 - 1st
Civil War 2013 - 1st
Operation Wolf - 1st
ECT 2013 - 1st
Evolution 2013 - 2nd

Hi Reo.

coolwhip

Noob
You're speaking too soon. Things are in the works. MK9 may yet grow larger than ever.

Also, shouldnt @a foxy grampa be on there? didnt het get like top 2 at every tournament except the one that he was hospitalized in which he got 9th... at evo?
Also Reo should be 1st. He has been the most consistently top player. and in the end he won out over PL knocking him out of evo.
also, you over dizzy? damn, dizzy on blast? :p When's the last time you beat him in tournament?
Also, tom brady was saying on the list of top 10 worst players in mk history he's #1 lol

Jr should absolutely be as high as he is. Who would you have over him? I love Foxy (he didn't get 9th, he got 13th, I think), and I genuinely believe he's better than what his performance at EVO suggests, but I'm not sure how he can realistically be placed on the list (that's not to say that he's less skilled or anything).

16 Bit over Dizzy makes sense since he's been consistently placing top 8's pretty much since the game's inception. There's something to be said for longevity.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This post is somewhat unbearable

2012 was the definitive year of Mk. Also in 2011 I had a 256 man online new egg tourney I won, Nec top 8 and 2013 scr top 8, UFGT 9th, CEO 5th, MWC 1st, 9th at Evo

Edit : and foxy? Not enough data. The players he said are the best are the ones he beats over there who also got blown out here before the head injury and after

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
CrimsonShadow also said Maxter was better than PL for making various winners finals at East Coast locals (the funny thing is IIRC he did actually win FV2012 with Sektor). Think about that for a minute, lol.
1) I didn't say Maxter was better for making the finals of east coast locals. Not sure where you got that from.
2) Rankings-wise. Maxter was higher based on people he'd beaten, and he ended up beating PL twice when they finally met. Coincidence?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
How right or wrong am I? Who did I leave off. Make your case.

Your list is decently accurate, but I will give you my reasons as to why I believe I am a top 10 competitor.

I have been to 10 majors since I have started playing MK9 competitively. Those majors in order from first to last are:

MLG Colombus
PowerUp 2012
Season's Beatings
Evolution 2012
MLG Raleigh
Season's Beatings Ascension
Frosty Faustings
WinterBrawl 9
UFGT9
Evolution 2013

Out of those 1o majors I went to, I placed top 8 at seven of them, and the three that I didn't place top 8 at I placed 9th. So that means that I have a 70% chance of making top 8 at any tournament that I go to, and if even if I don't make top 8 I am at least getting 9th for sure. I have never placed lower than 9th. That is a pretty good consistency. Not to mention that I am the only person in the world (besides Perfect Legend) that can say I have placed top 8 at every single Evo I have been to. And all cockiness aside, I honestly believe I would have placed top 8 at Evo 2011 had I gone. Reo and PL were 1st and 2nd place there, and I used to get them best of them online but that was back when I didn't go to tournaments. Also I am like one of 5 people who has two Evo top 8's under their belt. Back in the past I used to get tournament nerves alot, which caused me to get 9th place at those three tournaments instead of top 8. Now that I no longer get tournament nerves in MK9, I really don't see myself getting less than top 8 anywhere ever again :D

AntMan

Banned
Your list is decently accurate, but I will give you my reasons as to why I believe I am a top 10 competitor.

I have been to 10 majors since I have started playing MK9 competitively. Those majors in order from first to last are:

MLG Colombus
PowerUp 2012
Season's Beatings
Evolution 2012
MLG Raleigh
Season's Beatings Ascension
Frosty Faustings
WinterBrawl 9
UFGT9
Evolution 2013

Out of those 1o majors I went to, I placed top 8 at seven of them, and the three that I didn't place top 8 at I placed 9th. So that means that I have a 70% chance of making top 8 at any tournament that I go to, and if even if I don't make top 8 I am at least getting 9th for sure. I have never placed lower than 9th. That is a pretty good consistency. Not to mention that I am the only person in the world (besides Perfect Legend) that can say I have placed top 8 at every single Evo I have been to. And all cockiness aside, I honestly believe I would have placed top 8 at Evo 2011 had I gone. Reo and PL were 1st and 2nd place there, and I used to get them best of them online but that was back when I didn't go to tournaments. Also I am like one of 5 people who has two Evo top 8's under their belt. Back in the past I used to get tournament nerves alot, which caused me to get 9th place at those three tournaments instead of top 8. Now that I no longer get tournament nerves in MK9, I really don't see myself getting less than top 8 anywhere ever again :D
Not to kiss ass, but this man speaks the truth. He used to be a legend on XBL back in 2011, and could have easily been your OG Evo champion. lol