What's new

MK9 Potential Patch Character Balancing and Discussion

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yeah he is meant to be a high risk/high reward character. I think giving him better pokes and fixing ex spear would help him deal with up close pressure. If other characters are normalized like Cyrax then that'd also help Scorpion because he won't be punished as hard for guessing wrong. so idk about b2, I think Slips would know the answer.
Scorp def needs the standard frame advantage everyone else gets off their low pokes. Fixing his armor on his takedown and spear would be a nice fix as well. That is probably the minimum i would do. 111 granting a safe jump and better recovery on whiffed spear would be nice bonuses as well.

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker
1. First hit in back 1, 2, 2 hits mid regardless of hitbox size and is 12 frames with slight increase in range of back 1.
2. Faster start up and better recovery on grenades.
3. Speed up Back 3, make it 15 frames and remove gap in back 3, 2 completely.
4. Baton sweep to have pushback on block and -4.
5. Hitbox size reduced to medium from large.
6. Down 3 that lowers his hitbox.
7. Roll toss -4 on block.
8. Standing 2 becomes 14 frames.

Jade
1. First hit of 2 in 2,3 forward 2 to hit mid regardless of hitbox size.
2. Faster start up and recovery on boomerangs.
3. Staff grab to be -5 on block and keep the pushback.
4. Standing 3 is now 12 frames and increased range.
5, Long ranged down 1.
6. Remove all gaps in block strings.
7. Medium hitbox.
8. Remove extra damage taken while using ex glow.

These don't seem like much, but they'd be huge helps for both of them. It helps them with their up close game and their long ranged game so they're more versatile while not being major changes or too good.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
My Sonya patch suggestions from my experience with her as my main:
-The overhead option off of MS should be -12
-DK should lead to roll animation on block so every character can get their max dmg full combo punish. EX Dk should be -3.
-Cw and Ex Cw should be -6 on block.
- 2 should hit mid
-4 should have a greater cancel adv on block

all divekicks should have more recovery on whiff.
all iafb should have more recovery
the hitbox from all fireballs should be half lower
every char should have an armored launcher (unsafe)

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think Mileena definitely needs armor on ex Neckbite and/or ex Ball Roll.

Also, I'd really like say regular Ball Roll should be a low, but I don't wanna get blown up that badly.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
kung lao's roll should be +2 or +3 on hit. low hat should be +6 on hit and -5 on block. maybe delayed teleport 3 on block jails?

any 1 of these would be good take ur pick.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
KITANA: Enhanced pretty kicks to hit mid an all 3 hits to help her shitty wake-ups.

That's all I'm asking for and even though I'd change a lot of stuff with other characters too, I'll only post about Kitana as she's my main.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Give me back 1.04 patch with slower Kabal's IAF and Saw recovery frames, no push back when block Kabal's Saw.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I'd bet my balls on there being no patch ever, however I can lend some weight to this.

Universal uppercuts - all same speeds throughout the cast.

Only one armour move per character that DOES NOT LAUNCH OR COMBO and IS NOT SAFE. Armour should be a pressure escape tool only and should have risk attached to just throwing it out. I.E Sonya gets armour on her rings and has cartwheel armour removed.

I only play 2 characters but my patch adjustments are below. I already consider them both balanced and fair as they are for the record.

REPTILE

2 F3 1+2 reset works on both corners of the stage.
EX FB corner jump in glitch removed. (Reptile players know what I mean)
EX dash uninterruptable.

SEKTOR

Armour on EX straight missile.
Second hit on 12B1 never whiffs.
Upmissile corner jump in glitch removed (Sektor players know what I mean)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I've seen some gruesome requests that make my spine chill, so I guess it's ok if I ask for this:

BARAKA

Make his spin hitbox the same as Kung Laos, but without the launch (hits opponents identical as Kung laos (low or high), but throws them away like Baraka's on hit - no combo launch)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'd bet my balls on there being no patch ever, however I can lend some weight to this.

Universal uppercuts - all same speeds throughout the cast.

Only one armour move per character that DOES NOT LAUNCH OR COMBO and IS NOT SAFE. Armour should be a pressure escape tool only and should have risk attached to just throwing it out. I.E Sonya gets armour on her rings and has cartwheel armour removed.

I only play 2 characters but my patch adjustments are below. I already consider them both balanced and fair as they are for the record.

REPTILE

2 F3 1+2 reset works on both corners of the stage.
EX FB corner jump in glitch removed. (Reptile players know what I mean)
EX dash uninterruptable.
OH YEAH THAT SHITTY GLITCH! That would be an absolute necessary fix, how did I forget about that?

Posted this in another thread
This is just my opinion on what the nerfs/buffs need to include and is in no way intended to actually be used, but...

Kabal: Buzzsaw can be reflected and has a slightly different animation so things like Sektor's teleport can hit it on a read, but it still comes out behind him. Iagb has less meter building. 2 ndc has less advantage. Optional-(EX Nomad Dash no longer cancellable). Higher midscreen damage to compensate.
Kenshi:Spirit Charge is not punishable but leaves Kenshi in block stun to where every character can get pressure off of a regular blocked spirit charge if they react quickly enough.
Cyrax: Loses resets
Kung Lao: Tele 3 hits high on all characters.
Reptile: ex dash no longer interruptible and has the same block stun as every other character on Mileena's telekick. However his regular dash is now more punishable on block so I can actually punish it online lol
Sonya: ex cartwheel punishable on block, regular cartwheel keeps the same properties.
Smoke: loses resets but ex smoke away/ torwards have a hit of armor (I'm open to suggestions on how to keep smoke good after taking out resets)
Jax: f413 hits mid on all characters but becomes -2 on block always, (could also remove corner resets but give Gina launching midscreen combo starter outside of ground pound)
Ermac: enhanced teleplay gains a hit of armor and enhanced teleport is safe on block but is still minus (-6)
Sindel: gains armor on ex cartwheel
Raiden: d4 plus 12 on block. Gaps in his strings become uninterruptible.
Sheeva: faster pokes, ground pound is cancellable and ex ground pound has a hit of armor and launches (ex version is not cancellable)
Nightwolf: f3 becomes a low and gains an overhead combo starter. Not a vortex like Scorpions but still a good guessing game
Scorpion: better pokes
Sub zero: gets back his old 22
Kano: strings uninterruptible, upball is more punishable on block but his overhead and low starters become faster
Johnny Cage: flip kick more punishable on block
Noob Saibot: shadow uppercut has a smaller hitbox and is full combo punishable if ducked similar to Nightwolfs charge, enhanced shadow uppercut has armor though. Increased damage on midscreen combos maybe.
Freddy Kreuger: I'm not really sure but his zoning needs to be toned down a little, maybe less pushback on projectiles or make his teleport slower?
Jade: 12 combos into staff slam.
Baraka: 2 becomes faster, maybe 15-16 frames but I'm not sure.
Quan Chi: loses rune trap, 1 becomes 8 or 9 frames and u3 becomes 20 frames.
Stryker: more mid hitting combo starters
Cyber Sub Zero: Ice bombs always freeze (make sure no resets possible hopefully)
No changes for Liu Kang, Sektor, Scarlett, and Shang Tsung (maybe ground skull becomes +1)

Obviously some characters I don't really know how to change but i feel that would lead to a very balanced game

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I have always had one small rquest, besides the usual Kabal, Cyrax, and Smoke nerfs. Make Mileena's Ball Roll hit low. It makes no sense why the opponent can block standing when the attack even looks like it hits low. Its a well needed advantage for her.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Give Cage back the 1-2% damage he lost off of Nut Punch. Improve the hitbox on EX forceball so that it doesn't go over Reptile and Ermac's (and anybody else who I'm forgetting's) heads when they stand block f33 EX forceball.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I hope to god that Netherrealm doesn't look at this thread and get ideas.
Cyrax needs an unblockable net when he does ex net. He's using a bar! He needs it!

ryublaze

Noob
Oh I just remembered the glitches for Skarlet that should be fixed. Not really a big deal though.

Skarlet can't dash into U3,4, and also she doesn't gain meter from up slash after red dash if you hold forward or press any button in between. And obviously the invincible hitbox glitch.

Sektor:
  • Give Sektor armour on EX flame burner.
  • Give an overall better hit-box to 1, 2, b+1 so that the 2 in the string doesn't whiff sometimes.
  • Allow both hits of b+3, 4 to connect with all crouch-blocking opponents. Against some characters the 4 will whiff.
  • Make EX teleport 0 on block.
I agree on giving armor on EX Flame Burner, but not necessarily on the others. A lot of characters have to deal with hitbox issues, and in the case of Sektor, being able to throw out a 6 frame safe launching string and a 12 frame safe low launching string without having to take those things into consideration seems kind of crazy. i'd take it, that's for damn sure, but I'm not going to advocate for it. And making EXTU safe is just greedy.

In a perfect world, I'd also want Sektor's b2 to be a charge unblockable like Ermac's.

NKZero

Noob
I agree on giving armor on EX Flame Burner, but not necessarily on the others. A lot of characters have to deal with hitbox issues, and in the case of Sektor, being able to throw out a 6 frame safe launching string and a 12 frame safe low launching string without having to take those things into consideration seems kind of crazy. i'd take it, that's for damn sure, but I'm not going to advocate for it. And making EXTU safe is just greedy.

In a perfect world, I'd also want Sektor's b2 to be a charge unblockable like Ermac's.
I realised later on that EX TU thing was a little dumb on my part. At the very least b+3, 4 needs to be fixed. I'd call 1, 2, b+1 a low priority change but still I only think fixing it would affect one MU (Smoke). For the most part 1, 2, b+1 can punish most things and when it can't, the move is often more than -9 on block so 2, 1 does the job or for -12 and more, b+3, 4.

I realised later on that EX TU thing was a little dumb on my part. At the very least b+3, 4 needs to be fixed. I'd call 1, 2, b+1 a low priority change but still I only think fixing it would affect one MU (Smoke). For the most part 1, 2, b+1 can punish most things and when it can't, the move is often more than -9 on block so 2, 1 does the job or for -12 and more, b+3, 4.
Okay, I read you know. For some reason I was thinking about the 2 in 12b1 wiffing on crouch (which it hardly ever does, I should know) and that's what you were trying to fix, not it's horizontal hitbox. I'm all for making the 2 connect if the 1 does. I'm still not sure I'm with you on b34 though. I'll like to hear your thinking behind why that's so important.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana
Instant air EX ass hits overheard and have super armor

Skarlet
Remove armor on the slashes but keep it on the dash and slide
And make b1 10f and hit over head. And maybe a 2% damage nerf

For Cyrax let characters armor through the reset. There fore he gets to keep it. But we have a chance of escaping and punishing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

NKZero

Noob
Okay, I read you know. For some reason I was thinking about the 2 in 12b1 wiffing on crouch (which it hardly ever does, I should know) and that's what you were trying to fix, not it's horizontal hitbox. I'm all for making the 2 connect if the 1 does. I'm still not sure I'm with you on b34 though. I'll like to hear your thinking behind why that's so important.
Yeah I mean fix it for those awkward moments e.g. Raiden's electric fly where my jab hits and then the 2 whiffs because of its stupid ass hitbox. Or Reptile's elbow dash.

As for b+3, 4 I think that it will cover some of the holes in his offence, which isn't all that great as is. I think to complement normals like b+1 and f+2, he needs something long ranging other than b+2, 1 (which when blocked effectively ends his offense) to pose a threat to an opponent with. That being said, if b+3, 4 connects on every character, I have no problem making it disadvantage on block (but not punishable).

Against low hit-box characters, Sektor has problems getting his offense started. I mean it isn't 100% necessary but I don't think that Sektor needs that many changes anyways (compared to some other characters). Most important is giving him armour on flame burner so that he has a GTFO move and a respectable wake-up (I also want the flame burner to have better priority and not get stuffed so easily sometimes).