What's new

MK9 Potential Patch Character Balancing and Discussion

NKZero

Noob
Let's try and make this the official buff/nerf requests we have for each character in MK9. Please don't troll and say stupid things like Reptile's elbow dash should be + on block or something because if we take this seriously, it will reflect well on our intentions for another patch for this game.

Once we've accumulated all we need, we can get anyone from NRS to see this and maybe, just maybe we'll get a new patch or something.

Anyone can contribute, and please don't give another person shit unless they truly post something ridiculous. Also I personally think we should give more buffs to lower tier characters than nerfs to the higher tiers. Unless absolutely necessary, let's stay away from nerfs.

Also try being specific with the buff if you can. Reference frame data for your proposed changes if you can e.g. make Kenshi's spirit charge -15 on block (I saw it in Dink's thread somewhere).

NKZero

Noob
My proposed changes for Sub Zero and Sektor....

Sub Zero:
  • Make standing 2 a true mid against all characters.
  • Allow EX ice blast to continue travelling even if Sub Zero is hit. Sometimes it disappears halfway across the screen.
  • Give ice puddle faster start-up so it becomes a serviceable move.
  • Make ice puddle a cancellable move.
Sektor:
  • Give Sektor armour on EX flame burner.
  • Give an overall better hit-box to 1, 2, b+1 so that the 2 in the string doesn't whiff sometimes.
  • Allow both hits of b+3, 4 to connect with all crouch-blocking opponents. Against some characters the 4 will whiff.
  • Make EX teleport 0 on block.

NKZero

Noob
Sonya:
Make her Ex Cartwheel unsafe while regular Cartwheel stay safe.
Sonya can cancel her Ex Arckick into a divekick.
I like the first suggestion even though it's a nerf. Stops the "brain deadness" of the move. I don't even know what her EX arc kick looks like lol. Is it the same as the normal arc kick on block? Also if you can give me frame data for the moves.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
KL 24hat safe disadvantage on block
it solves KLs low hitbox problem without overpowering him. he can use it as a string ender, he doesnt get hard punished, opponent has advantage if they block, if they take the hat big deal its a small price for pressing buttons. KL can still be d2 by quick reaction to his 21 so it would mean he has a reason to use b33 because currently there's little to none. if it is blocked it is punished because it has no real safe option out of it. i dont think its an unreasonable buff and a lot of people say he was nerfed too hard.

noob saibot wider portal hitbox [the portal is much bigger than its hitbox] and faster projectile recovery
portal graphic is wide but opponent can have one foot in and be OK
noob has way too slow recovery on his clones, he should be limited to one clone at a time sure, but he must recover faster to defend himself

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Give Rain back his old dash and improve his walk speed.

Make his D3 +1 on hit

Keep same start up frames on his teleport but change the recovery to -10

NKZero

Noob
or his old 5% damage boost.
if you ask me personally i would take the damage boost. gives us better damage across the board. also i think ice puddle should be changed because the move is useless. doesn't have to be cancellable but make it quicker or something. i'll add your proposition to the sub zero list anyways

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Sindel:

-She needs an armored special
-Either low FB or Step-up should be safe on block since none of her specials are safe for a good wake up, nor do they have good invincibility frames
-4 cancelling should be brought back

Mileena:

-Just an armored special
-A slight damage buff would be nice, but not a must exactly(can't even reach over 50% without needing X-ray plus a very situational jump in combo)

Jade:

-Pre-patch(damage buff, u3 can't be ducked, etc.)
-Her hits should hit (true) mid. Too many strings can be ducked and blown up
-Rangs should have faster start up and return on EX versions(at least her low rang so she can at least have a legit low mixup)
-Needs at least 1 more overhead and low string
For example:
maybe her 4f3, the f3 can hit overhead, or the last hit of 122 can hit overhead
b3 could hit low

NKZero

Noob
KL 24hat safe disadvantage on block

noob saibot wider portal hitbox [the portal is much bigger than its hitbox]
you basically want KL's low hat to be safe on block but minus? I think it's fine the way it is tbh, even some characters have problem punishing it at -12 (if that's what it is). or are you talking about straight hat?

portal hitbox sounds reasonable.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
if you ask me personally i would take the damage boost. gives us better damage across the board. also i think ice puddle should be changed because the move is useless. doesn't have to be cancellable but make it quicker or something. i'll add your proposition to the sub zero list anyways
We shouldnt be wasting potential buffs on useless moves, puddle would have to have ridiculous startup to actually work and not be jumped on reaction.

NKZero

Noob
Sindel:

-She needs an armored special
-Either low FB or Step-up should be safe on block since none of her specials are safe for a good wake up, nor do they have good invincibility frames
-4 cancelling should be brought back

Mileena:

-Just an armored special
-A slight damage buff would be nice, but not a must exactly(can't even reach over 50% without needing X-ray plus a very situational jump in combo)

Jade:

-Pre-patch(damage buff, u3 can't be ducked, etc.)
-Her hits should hit (true) mid. Too many strings can be ducked and blown up
-Rangs should have faster start up and return on EX versions(at least her low rang so she can at least have a legit low mixup)
-Needs at least 1 more overhead and low string
For example:
maybe her 4f3, the f3 can hit overhead, or the last hit of 122 can hit overhead
b1 could hit low
please be specific when you say armoured special. also, where you say either or, choose one so it's simpler. otherwise very reasonable changes so good post.

NKZero

Noob
We shouldnt be wasting potential buffs on useless moves, puddle would have to have ridiculous startup to actually work and not be jumped on reaction.
hence the cancellable suggestion. but fair enough i see ur point. when i formulate the list i'll prioritise certain things.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
General:
Adjust all breakers to have the same propriety as Cyrax, KL or Sub-Zero breaker, this would automatically patch the Skarlet's Anti-Breaker bug without necessarily having to touch the character.

If the Skarlet community won't agree with what i will post up, they're free to change whatever they fit, i'm just addressing what most of us felt it could be changed to better adjust of the issues of the mechanics itself, like the strings we always stayed away from, and the dagger issues, teleport and F4 issue.

Skarlet

Priority Patch
  • 9 Frames F4 - Honestly i think this is the only buff she might actually need, to finally be able to backup a legit AA game or AA crossup game like anyone else with a solid normal can do. Don't worry the move itself is highly punishable on block or whiff, or even when red dash canceled is already -10, will give her a AA to fight jump.
  • Teleport startup should be at least 11 frames on ground, and his travel speed should be slightly faster, the move is -12 on block, it can be increased to -15 afterwards no dice. This is one of the worthless moves that is -11 on hit and throwing out there is such a YOLO, even if you read stuff ends up being hella slow, you can blow it up with NJP either, worst YOLO tele of the game.
  • Dagger hitbox slightly increased, 1st dagger must chip 1%, on hit should do 4% damage. The move is hella slow, and she can't block once she dash cancels it. Very small, and no one actually respects it, the execution of getting this move on point destroy joysticks because the tinny hitbox.
Optional (note that these might not actually be necessarily needed)
  • F312, the second and last hit of this string should hit overhead. This string is interruptible, hella negative on block and worthless cancel advantage unless it hits.
  • X-ray combo-able, or damage increased.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
please be specific when you say armoured special. also, where you say either or, choose one so it's simpler. otherwise very reasonable changes so good post.
Sindel:

-Armored yell
-Step up to be neutral or -6, just so long as its safe and has invincibility frames on wake up

Mileena:

-Armored ball roll

Jade:

-122, last 2 to hit overhead
-b3 should hit low

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
hence the cancellable suggestion. but fair enough i see ur point. when i formulate the list i'll prioritise certain things.
anything more than 20 frames is reactable and punishable, which is why I say it should either be ridiculous or stay as it is, we dont wanna be wasting buffs when NRS could be as generous as giving us our resets back.

after b121 its throw for days lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
General:
Adjust all breakers to have the same propriety as Cyrax, KL or Sub-Zero breaker, this would automatically patch the Skarlet's Anti-Breaker bug without necessarily having to touch the character.

If the Skarlet community won't agree with what i will post up, they're free to change whatever they fit, i'm just addressing what most of us felt it could be changed to better adjust of the issues of the mechanics itself, like the strings we always stayed away from, and the dagger issues, teleport and F4 issue.

Skarlet

Priority Patch
  • 9 Frames F4 - Honestly i think this is the only buff she might actually need, to finally be able to backup a legit AA game or AA crossup game like anyone else with a solid normal can do. Don't worry the move itself is highly punishable on block or whiff, or even when red dash canceled is already -10, will give her a AA to fight jump.
  • Teleport startup should be at least 11 frames on ground, and his travel speed should be slightly faster, the move is -12 on block, it can be increased to -15 afterwards no dice. This is one of the worthless moves that is -11 on hit and throwing out there is such a YOLO, even if you read stuff ends up being hella slow, you can blow it up with NJP either, worst YOLO tele of the game.
  • Dagger hitbox slightly increased, 1st dagger must chip 1%, on hit should do 4% damage. The move is hella slow, and she can't block once she dash cancels it. Very small, and no one actually respects it, the execution of getting this move on point destroy joysticks because the tinny hitbox.

• F312, the second and last hit of this string should hit overhead. This string is interruptible, hella negative on block and worthless cancel advantage unless it hits.
Can I ask why'd you want buffs for a top 10 char?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
you basically want KL's low hat to be safe on block but minus? I think it's fine the way it is tbh, even some characters have problem punishing it at -12 (if that's what it is). or are you talking about straight hat?

portal hitbox sounds reasonable.

it solves KLs low hitbox problem without overpowering him. he can use it as a string ender, he doesnt get hard punished, opponent has advantage if they block, if they take the hat big deal its a small price for pressing buttons. KL can still be d2 by quick reaction to his 21 so it would mean he has a reason to use b33 because currently there's little to none. if it is blocked it is punished because it has no real safe option out of it. i dont think its an unreasonable buff and a lot of people say he was nerfed too hard.

NKZero

Noob
General:

Skarlet

Priority Patch

ALL POSTS SHOULD BE THIS COHERENT. Good stuff man.

Dunno much about Skarlet but I know you do so yeah these seem ok.

NKZero

Noob
I mean the character is pretty damn good as is but since this isn't an outlandish request then yeah I can't argue it.