What's new

Mk9 online character tier list

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Just my opinion..can't believe you haven't ever noticed how safe it can be ! My internet is good actually...but i can't help what kind of lag delay is in games.
Saying that something is safe online isn't an opinion............. -.-"

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Jesus fucking Christ, Mileena, Kenshi and that Bastard teleporting KL. Its a fucking nightmare! I started to play on PC and I honestly, I play it for 30-40 minutes every now and then....I cant stand more then that.

I see guys with 6k+ wins teleporting around - he gets d2 4 times in a raw and dosent bother to stop! Cause eventually he is going to land that 3 combo starter any way....:-(

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I mean, generally, PEOPLE that main kenshi get blown up off line.. Not the character buddy. And the reason I think he's even better online is because his zoning tools, with all of that bs armor, in particular his push, are too strong. Kenshi becomes aquaman online. You can play defensively and he'll never lose
Lol @Pig Of The Hut @Blind_Ducky @Blackula I guess we all need to take our free scrub asses back online because we got blown up offline with kenshi....because he has more armor and a safe...er SC online... I guess?

Lol GTFO of here. I can't think of a single Kenshi main that gets blown up offline...

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Sonya, Lao, Mileena, Cage, Dashtile, Raiden. Theres not enough space in the multiverse to hold all that salt.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Every Kenshi main that wasn't pig got blown up offline. Wtf are you talking about.
Hmm pokechop, Blackula, and me (in all my local playing glory) didnt get blown up offline. Sure people lose but it isnt a show up and get exposed because you play online fest.... if you were getting blown up offline with the second best character....then ouch.

Hell didnt Reo just beat mikemetroid in grand finals with kenshi

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Hmm pokechop, Blackula, and me (in all my local playing glory) didnt get blown up offline. Sure people lose but it isnt a show up and get exposed because you play online fest.... if you were getting blown up offline with the second best character....then ouch.

There were no other kenshi mains consistently placing top 8. We all got blown up/we're all insanely free.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Mike is bleh and doing well today because the big boys don't practice or play

He ran into a couple of those guys at Evo side tourney and don't play anymore and yea......ggs

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Lol @Pig Of The Hut @Blind_Ducky @Blackula I guess we all need to take our free scrub asses back online because we got blown up offline with kenshi....because he has more armor and a safe...er SC online... I guess?

Lol GTFO of here. I can't think of a single Kenshi main that gets blown up offline...
Yea idk wtf he's talking about

I will say this thread is the causeof cancer though

I blew up everyone offline w Kenshi except like 4 people

I'm dying to see mikemetroid in MKx since it's the return of "footsies" he better pray we aren't in same pool

Matix218

Get over here!
Mike is bleh and doing well today because the big boys don't practice or play

He ran into a couple of those guys at Evo side tourney and don't play anymore and yea......ggs
I dont think Mike is just bleh, hes gotten way better from what ive seen on recent east coast tournament streams. Reo even said on his stream recently that Mike may currently be the best Cage (not that anyone cares since the games main tournament life has already passed) but still he's better than "bleh"

Pig Of The Hut

I dont think Mike is just bleh, hes gotten way better from what ive seen on recent east coast tournament streams. Reo even said on his stream recently that Mike may currently be the best Cage (not that anyone cares since the games main tournament life has already passed) but still he's better than "bleh"
I also heard Reo recently said "kitana Kenshi isn't really that bad " and had a guy on a podcast giving awful incorrect info on smoke

I'll wait and see how mike does in MKx

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I agree. Mike is much better than bleh imo.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Jesus fucking Christ, Mileena, Kenshi and that Bastard teleporting KL. Its a fucking nightmare! I started to play on PC and I honestly, I play it for 30-40 minutes every now and then....I cant stand more then that.

I see guys with 6k+ wins teleporting around - he gets d2 4 times in a raw and dosent bother to stop! Cause eventually he is going to land that 3 combo starter any way....:-(
I think we REALLY need to quit MK9 :D.

All I see now is salty noobs.... If we look @ these clans ? My GOSH most of those guys dont know how to play !!!
And if they lose, all we see is hate mails :/. I hope MKX will give us the epic times we had in the beginning of MK9.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."

Dude, don't take everything so personal. I'm not talking about Pig or Ducky. I play ducky every Monday at BLT and I have nothing but praise and respect for him. Maybe its on me for not being clearer with the way I worded it, or maybe you're just not the best at interpreting messages, idk. From my understanding, everybody in this thread is talking about the general public, and when I think general public, I don't think of people who use TYM for strategies, frame data, and information. I'm talking about the kenshi players that literally don't know wtf his frame data is and do crazy shit that would get them blown up offline. I'm talking about people that I used to play with 10K wins that end up not even knowing how to do the most simple, basic, foundational things, like AA's, counter-poking, or fuzzy guarding. And they get away with it because its online and there's nothing you can do to react with latency. That's why I named Kenshi, Reptile, Raiden, and Mileena, those characters have tools that can be abused online without the need to develop other skills. Why would you assume I'm talking about the two best Kenshi players in the world lol. That's what I meant about all the characters I mentioned (Reptile, raiden, mileena). I'm talking about the general public, NOT Chris G, B Wizz or Sonic Fox, of course those guys are amazing.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dude, don't take everything so personal. I'm not talking about Pig or Ducky. I play ducky every Monday at BLT and I have nothing but praise and respect for him. Maybe its on me for not being clearer with the way I worded it, or maybe you're just not the best at interpreting messages, idk. From my understanding, everybody in this thread is talking about the general public, and when I think general public, I don't think of people who use TYM for strategies, frame data, and information. I'm talking about the kenshi players that literally don't know wtf his frame data is and do crazy shit that would get them blown up offline. I'm talking about people that I used to play with 10K wins that end up not even knowing how to do the most simple, basic, foundational things, like AA's, counter-poking, or fuzzy guarding. And they get away with it because its online and there's nothing you can do to react with latency. That's why I named Kenshi, Reptile, Raiden, and Mileena, those characters have tools that can be abused online without the need to develop other skills. Why would you assume I'm talking about the two best Kenshi players in the world lol. That's what I meant about all the characters I mentioned (Reptile, raiden, mileena). I'm talking about the general public, NOT Chris G, B Wizz or Sonic Fox, of course those guys are amazing.
Any sort of Kenshi that fits this description, I've never seen give anyone any fits online. Unless you're one of guys that try too hard to "footsie your way in" against Kenshi. Protip: The more you insist on playing some weird arbitrary footsies against Kenshi, the quicker you will get yourself killed.

Also, knowledge of frame data doesn't mean much if your own grasp of how frames work in fighting games is just fundamentally incorrect. In fact it may even make you more liable to get blown up.

Out of curiosity who do/did you main in MK?

I also heard Reo recently said "kitana Kenshi isn't really that bad " and had a guy on a podcast giving awful incorrect info on smoke

I'll wait and see how mike does in MKx
As much as there was a lot of eyebrow-raisers in that podcast, I don't remember Reo saying that, or even saying anything that implied that. (although if someone shows me that he did say exactly that, I will hold my hands up and admit that "it's not that bad" is milking it) I don't think anyone breathes a huge sigh of relief over a matchup being better than 2-8 except Jeremiah lol. His point was that she doesn't have it as bad as some of Kenshi's other significant-advantage matchups. If you do reply to this, think about this without hesitation, would you honestly say that you would be more confident against a Kitana main than a Mileena main as Kenshi?

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Any sort of Kenshi that fits this description, I've never seen give anyone any fits online. Unless you're one of guys that try too hard to "footsie your way in" against Kenshi. Protip: The more you insist on playing some weird arbitrary footsies against Kenshi, the quicker you will get yourself killed.

Also, knowledge of frame data doesn't mean much if your own grasp of how frames work in fighting games is just fundamentally incorrect. In fact it may even make you more liable to get blown up.

Out of curiosity who do/did you main in MK?

As much as there was a lot of eyebrow-raisers in that podcast, I don't remember Reo saying that, or even saying anything that implied that. (although if someone shows me that he did say exactly that, I will hold my hands up and admit that "it's not that bad" is milking it) I don't think anyone breathes a huge sigh of relief over a matchup being better than 2-8 except Jeremiah lol. His point was that she doesn't have it as bad as some of Kenshi's other significant-advantage matchups. If you do reply to this, think about this without hesitation, would you honestly say that you would be more confident against a Kitana main than a Mileena main as Kenshi?
This is all hearsay

I didn't listen to it cause of what I heard

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
There are two types of online tier lists:

1) The tier list where the players are used to offline playing: This tier affect a player's execution & timing (for punishes, combos etc). In this tier characters like Kabal and Skarlet will obviously drop. (This tier list should also include what 2nd list below includes).

2) The tier list where the players are used to online playing (i.e their execution and timing are good). This tier takes into account mostly what tools of a character are boosted (i.e reaction/punish not possible due to lag), but completely ignores the "execution being harder" thing, poke out timing etc.

My online tier list (2nd type only):

S+: Kabal, Freddy
S: Kung Lao, Sonya, Cyrax, Reptile, Cage, Skarlet, Kenshi
A+: Ermac, Kitana, Liu Kang, Smoke, Raiden
A: Sektor, Noob, Mileena, Jax, Shang, Scorpion, Rain
B: Sindel, SZ, Baraka, Quan chi, Kano
C: Nightwolf, Stryker, CSZ
D: Jade
F: Sheeva
I completely agree

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
People say kenshi feels heavier online.. Have you ever STEPPED backwards? he moves farther than his dash, which was never good to begin with. Kenshis get comfortable in one spot because he can attack from any range but really he should be moving like any other character in footsies. Use back walk tactics like smoke.

People say kenshi feels heavier online.. Have you ever STEPPED backwards? he moves farther than his dash, which was never good to begin with. Kenshis get comfortable in one spot because he can attack from any range but really he should be moving like any other character in footsies. Use back walk tactics like smoke.
Dude his backward walk is retarded fast lol. He moonwalks faster than any characters forward walk