What's new

MK1 Nov. 9, 2023 Update Patch Notes

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I think the issue with sub is two fold

1. he’s got some stuff in his kit with ice clone or even ice ball that if over turned could be an issue and bump him a few tiers.

2. They could leave him as is but if they nerf Lao (which I think he does well with..along with everyone else so it’s understandable) then that could be a huge dent in his game plan as well (specially if you play, if there’s even a term for… “runaway sub”….like I do). Seems his gameplay also involves tripping people up with Lao assist etc

I understand why NRS hit him with the nerf bat though due to what they gave his kit (slide, bf2, ice clone etc) but it does seem that he struggled a bit in set play once your opponent understands they can normal or meter burn check ice clone now etc.

Oh and Tom has already shown how you can meter burn check almost every string in subs kit which isn’t the case for other character in this game so..there’s that…and while ranked is 2/3 people will pick up on that pretty quickly.

SIDE NOTE: I also thought it was just me who noticed this but it does seem like people do in fact seem like they HATE playing against sun zero…as stated above he slows the pace of the game down where the mind set is to string forward until
Hit confirm into 30-40 Percent…people seem to not like that in mk1…an example of this was me being cursed out this morning for it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The ice clone, when very good, slows down the pace of the match and also locks down opponents in the corner, both of which casual gamers despise. The entire game has been designed around closing the distance without any difficulties, performing strings, and hit-confirming into combos. There is no better example than Omni-Man, who has been custom tailored for beginners. The point is that the ice clone is unlikely to receive any meaningful buffs because the move would interfere with how NRS would like the game to play. Zoning is weak for this reason too, particularly now with the addition of Omni-Man.
I don’t see Omni-Man as being very effective in the hands of an unskilled player at all. Most of his better moves are highly unsafe and fairly easy to punish, which means that smarter players are able to maximize his kit by making strong reads and timing things well, while lesser-skilled players are blown-up for constantly trying to dive bomb, chest bump and teleport in neutral.

The irony of the “sub slows down the game” thing is that by killing clone one of the only ways left to play sub is slow as hell runaway chipping away at them while they chase and doing below average damage the whole time.

If that’s what it is supposed to be, and I kinda doubt it, then fine. Make his b2 into b2,2 and speed it up and give him a high low mix.

right now the only way he can keep up pressure is Lao hat into more anemic pressure, so of course everyone runs away

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don’t see Omni-Man as being very effective in the hands of an unskilled player at all. Most of his better moves are highly unsafe and fairly easy to punish, which means that smarter players are able to maximize his kit by making strong reads and timing things well, while lesser-skilled players are blown-up for constantly trying to dive bomb, chest bump and teleport in neutral.
I would agree except there is little thing called low hat that makes dive bombs, chest bumps, and teleports mostly safe on block.

TheMightyUnjust has just won an online tournament with his day one Omni-Man. He beat Sooneo, who is obviously a very good player, 3:0 in the winners and grand finals.

Tweedy was beating King Gambler's Johnny Cage in a casual series with his day one Omni-Man.

I have not seen such convincing "day one" results since Injustice 1 Scorpion.

I hope to play a zoning DLC that is equally as dominating on day one.

:rolleyes:

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
SIDE NOTE: I also thought it was just me who noticed this but it does seem like people do in fact seem like they HATE playing against sun zero…as stated above he slows the pace of the game down where the mind set is to string forward until
Hit confirm into 30-40 Percent…people seem to not like that in mk1…an example of this was me being cursed out this morning for it.
Dude, I play a runaway Sub like you do, and I have been called some truly vile names by good and bad players alike in Kombat League. Gods forbid you play a defensive character in a defensive manner, and make your opponent actually have to think about how to get in on you.

I've literally 3-0ed people in KL, only to have them tell me that I don't know how to play this game, am trash, play like a p***y, etc. I understand talking shit when you win, but when you lose horribly? Like, seriously??

Dude, I play a runaway Sub like you do, and I have been called some truly vile names by good and bad players alike in Kombat League. Gods forbid you play a defensive character in a defensive manner, and make your opponent actually have to think about how to get in on you.

I've literally 3-0ed people in KL, only to have them tell me that I don't know how to play this game, am trash, play like a p***y, etc. I understand talking shit when you win, but when you lose horribly? Like, seriously??
I understand getting teabagged and people being toxic for me using Johnny but you are getting that for using sub zero as well? All of these people talking about “braindead” characters and you use allegedly one of the worst characters in the game and still get flak lol

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
I understand getting teabagged and people being toxic for me using Johnny but you are getting that for using sub zero as well? All of these people talking about “braindead” characters and you use allegedly one of the worst characters in the game and still get flak lol
Like you would not believe! Every time I play I'm tempted to set mic to "off" by default, but then sometimes there ARE nice people I wanna chat with, or at least say ggs to. I love playing sets online and learning matchups, but the toxicity gets exhausting

Yep if I zoned and by zoning I mean just meter building with Rain or Sindel They call me a A bunch of names "why are you running away" or "if you actually fight me close I'd smoke you" or "why are you playing like that" or "you are so garbage at this game, playing me like that"
Let me emphasize I'm not a zoner by any stretch of the word.
But a lot of the time throwing meter build locks down online players. Rain has some of the slowest projectiles in game, water bubble baby. Just gets me in to do setups and OKI but sadly these people complaining don't make it to that part.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I would agree except there is little thing called low hat that makes dive bombs, chest bumps, and teleports mostly safe on block.

TheMightyUnjust has just won an online tournament with his day one Omni-Man. He beat Sooneo, who is obviously a very good player, 3:0 in the winners and grand finals.

Tweedy was beating King Gambler's Johnny Cage in a casual series with his day one Omni-Man.

I have not seen such convincing "day one" results since Injustice 1 Scorpion.

I hope to play a zoning DLC that is equally as dominating on day one.

:rolleyes:
Well unless NRS makes low hat a mid I doubt things are gonna change too much. I hate how these characters get to just get in for free full screen on one move.

All of Jax's Unblockable Infinite ls still exist. I have recording set to crouch block and I can do this with several characters but here's Rain:

It can go on forever I just stopped there at 130%

I main Rain and even I think this needs to be patched out. It's Broke AF, you get touched once by an Unblockable and your in an infinite unblockable Reset that can't be escaped as far as I know. You can't Armor it breaks it, can't jump there's no time, can't crouch block to be knocked down. I think you can possibly delay unless timed differently and that's it. But thats scary when your opponent knows your only option every time.

Sindel Unblockable with Sub Zero still in as well, Koisy found it

Last edited:
You guys know the goal of buffing and nerfing isn't just to increase / reduce the number of times a character gets picked, right?
They buffed Tanya even though she was clearly great, because she wasnt very popular, so it actually seems like popularity is relevant

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Like you would not believe! Every time I play I'm tempted to set mic to "off" by default, but then sometimes there ARE nice people I wanna chat with, or at least say ggs to. I love playing sets online and learning matchups, but the toxicity gets exhausting
I have mk in my psn tag , you have no idea how much shit i get for it if i lose lol , whole koth lobbies laughing , so naturally i uave my mic off all the time now cause i just assume everyone is talking shit