Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

NOVEMBER UPDATE

General Gameplay Adjustments

• Move list corrections
  • Localization fixes
  • AI adjustments & improvements
  • Improvements to Screen Reader & Test to Speech functionality
  • Fixed issue causing character dialogue during a brutality to be missing facial animations
  • Improvements to filtering in Kombat League Leaderboards
  • Fixed issue that could cause notification indicator to not disappear after checking a new Kombo Challenge
  • Fixed rare issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive if the user performs a certain sequence of actions involving Quick Resume
  • Fixed several visual issues with brutalities
  • Interrupting a Kameo will no longer occasionally not cause damage if the Kameo was recently interrupted by a Fatal Blow
  • Fixed issue with "Become A Ninja In No Time" Trophy / Achievement not unlocking correctly when using cross-progression
  • Adjustments to scoring for Endless Tower
  • Fixed rare crash that could occur when an online opponent declined after connecting
  • Fixed rare crash that could occur when a player's notification window is holding a large amount of messages
  • Fixed several issues that could cause desyncs in King of the Hill
  • Added additional Kombo Challenge for Fighters
Practice Mode
  • Players can now change the current Kameo for either team from within Practice Settings
  • Fixed issue with Playback Recording that could cause a character's Tagged Moves to persist on screen
  • Kustomize Kontrol settings will now always properly apply when using Recording
  • Adjusted how Auto Block setting works with Sub-Zero's Deadly Vapors
Invasions
  • Fixed visual issues that could occur when travelling between Encounters and repeatedly pressing the inventory button
  • Maximum Damage is now disabled in most Encounters
  • Additional uses of the Ethereal Talisman will now count toward the progress of the "Talis-mania" achievement
  • Fixed visual issue where some characters’ weapon animations could become out of sync with the character after teleporting to Shop or Forge
  • Scorpion's Enhanced Devouring Flame will no longer occasionally cause issues if it defeats a boss enemy in the first phase of the fight
  • Fixed visual issues with some Kombat Modifiers
  • Fixed missing audio when defeating an airborne opponent in an endurance match
  • Fixed issue with endurance matches preventing the AI from performing Shang Tsung Old Morph
  • Fixed crash that could occur when recharging a Talisman with more than 8 charges
  • Fixed rare issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive if disconnected from the internet while at the Mesa Selection
Character Specific Adjustments
  • Ashrah - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Ascension outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Geras - Double Time attacks will no longer sometimes not work correctly with certain changes with Kontrols
  • Geras - Fixed visual issue that could occur when using Fixed Point while Sub-Zero's Arctic Armor is active
  • Havik - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with final hit of Helping Hand outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Johnny Cage - Reduced base health value to 650 (from 700)
  • Johnny Cage - Sky Die (Up + Front Punch) is now able to be parried by Johnny Cage's Fatal Blow
  • Kenshi - Fixed issue which was preventing forward throws using Kameo from executing while Ancestor is active
  • Kenshi - Enhanced Demon Drop can now be Up Blocked
  • Kung Lao - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Soaring Monk outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Kung Lao - Fixed visual issue with his hat returning with no visual effects in certain circumstances
  • Mileena - Adjusted auto-facing of Enhanced Roll follow-up attack
  • Mileena - Fixed rare issue with Teleport Down when used against a cornered opponent that could cause players to be outside the arena for a short time
  • Nitara - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Flying Kolors (Back Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Nitara - Fixed visual issue with wings animation being incorrect when a throw escape occurs
  • Rain - Holding Rain God now allows for additional diagonal Up directions
  • Rain - Fixed rare issue with Water Gate Teleport not moving to correct location when cancelled from attacks in certain circumstances
  • Rain - Fixed visual issue that could cause jittering animation when landing from Overkast (Jump + Back Punch, Back Kick) or Drownpour (Jump + Back Punch, Back Kick, Front Kick)
  • Rain - Fixed AI being unable to use Water Gate portals
  • Reptile - Fixed issue that could cause Dash Attack to sometimes be throw immune when blocked
  • Shang Tsung - Fixed being able to slightly extend opponent morph duration by ducking without inputting any actions
  • Shang Tsung - Fixed Enhanced Inspire while morphed into Sindel not triggering Breaker Denied when the opponent attempts a Breaker
  • Sindel - Fixed Enhanced Queen's Command not preventing opponent from performing Fatal Blow after it has hit
  • Sindel - Fixed issue with lingering visual effects if Inspire is performed as Shang Tsung morphed into Sindel
  • Smoke - Fixed being able to cancel Tele-Stab (Back + Back Punch) after it is Up Blocked
  • Smoke - Fixed visual issue with opponent's animation when they are defeated by Fatal Blow
  • Smoke - Fixed visual issue during the startup of Smoke-Port
  • Cyrax (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Self-Destruct to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Frost (Kameo) - Fixed issue which could cause an opponent to clip through the ground if hit while frozen from Ice Karpet at specific timing
  • Goro (Kameo) - Fixed rare issue with Shokan Stomp that could prevent a player from performing some special cancels with specific timing
  • Jax (Kameo) - Fixed rare situations where Ground Pound was not considering the opponent to be in a reaction
  • Motaro (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Reflect to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Motaro (Kameo) - Fixed issue with interrupting Charge! Fatal Blow which could cause the background visual effects to linger
  • Sareena (Kameo) - Fixed issue that could prevent brutalities from being performed in a Kombo after defeating the opponent with Kia's Blades
  • Scorpion (Kameo) - Fixed rare bug that could cause Get Over Here to pass through the Fighter if they are hit at a specific timing
  • Sektor (Kameo) - Fixed rare issue with Activate Homing that could prevent a player from performing some special cancels with specific timing
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Meditate to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed using Reiko's Retaliation as a special cancel after Apep Punch or Konquest Kick not being able to Parry
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed issues with Mimic & Kopy Kat Invisibility lingering into cinematics
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed visual issue causing claws to appear clipping through the ground when performing Kopy Kat against Shang Tsung
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed AI being unable to use several stolen moves

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The first two months of a fighting game is not a good time for a major rebalance. I think “let it rock for a year” is too long, but there’s no need for a major cast-wide balance patch in under 3 months unless lots of things are severely broken.

Let the game breathe for a while, then sort it out.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
The first two months of a fighting game is not a good time for a major rebalance. I think “let it rock for a year” is too long, but there’s no need for a major cast-wide balance patch in under 3 months unless lots of things are severely broken.

Give the game time to breathe, then sort it out.
Yet we had important rebalances on the first patch before this. So either revert those changes, or keep refining the characters on each patch. Otherwise, this "let the meta evolve first" makes no sense.

Give the game time to breathe, then sort it out.
I agree with the principle of that, but separately I do think there's an issue with a lot of pros saying "I'm kinda getting bored with this game", and you know that's not about the single player content. If you let it rock too long, people will move on to other stuff (Tekken's right around the corner). IMO, change a whole shit ton of kameos to have ambushes, give Sub and Reptile a little love, keep a close eye on kameo interactions that literally break the game, and let that rock for a while.

There's a middle ground when you have extremely obvious issues. Cyrax got hit because he was literally everywhere and now it's lao. How can you even get useful data when "everything is +2 and everyone has a low projectile" is 70% of the meta?

I'm salty about sub because he feels unfinished or not really thought out, but I'd understand if that was being ignored for a later date. Lao being left to run around as is, without any real buffs to the rest of the kameos, is going to continue homogenizing the game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
There's a middle ground when you have extremely obvious issues. Cyrax got hit because he was literally everywhere and now it's lao. How can you even get useful data when "everything is +2 and everyone has a low projectile" is 70% of the meta?

I'm salty about sub because he feels unfinished or not really thought out, but I'd understand if that was being ignored for a later date. Lao being left to run around as is, without any real buffs to the rest of the kameos, is going to continue homogenizing the game.
I mean, a minor adjustment to Lao hat (say, making it 0 on block) is different than calling for a “substantial balance patch”.

But people asked them not to touch Lao hat because (“first they nerfed Cyrax, now if they nerf Lao it’s going to ruin the game”), so it seems controversial.

I mean, a minor adjustment to Lao hat (say, making it 0 on block) is different than calling for a “substantial balance patch”.

But people asked them not to touch Lao hat because (“first they nerfed Cyrax, now if they nerf Lao it’s going to ruin the game”), so it seems controversial.
Well that's the problem really.

You can nerf lao hat, which is small and easy, but everyone is sick of nerfs.

Ideally, yeah you should probably buff everything up to be closer to lao hat levels, but then we're in massive balance change territory.

I don't know why more games aren't willing to say "Hey for the short term we're making hat worse and plan on readdressing or reverting it when the bigger patch hits" as that'd be perfect, but as it stands they're shooting themselves in the foot letting this rock as is.

"Jax (Kameo) - Fixed rare situations where Ground Pound was not considering the opponent to be in a reaction"
Does this mean the Unblockable can be crouched blocked or can you still Jail them into Stand block for true unblockable Reset with several characters?

Looks like the Jax GP hit reaction is fixed:

https:/twitter.com/aromeuh/status/1722664618550837517
So they didn't adjust Ground pound?
It looks like they just made the fan not hit with Kitana?
I'm not sure I'm understanding what they did. I need to download update

I hope they adjusted the ground pound. But if they didn't do something drastic then 10+ characters that I know of can do a Unblockable Loop TOD it wasn't just Kitana and Sindel.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.

I didn't really mean 'substantial' as in roster-wide changes, but more small, but impactful tweaks to raise up some of the weaker characters, similar to Nitara's buff.

Maybe something like shaving some recovery frames off of Motaro's teleport, or increasing his reflect's consistency against low projectiles are bigger changes than I think, but that was more along the lines of what I was talking about. Just really anything that isn't another bug fix.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So they didn't adjust Ground pound?
It looks like they just made the fan not hit with Kitana?
I'm not sure I'm understanding what they did. I need to download update

I hope they adjusted the ground pound. But if they didn't do something drastic then 10+ characters that I know of can do a Unblockable Loop TOD it wasn't just Kitana and Sindel.
It's the ground pound itself not doing the full pop-up now. I assume they added a couple frames of "grace period" where ground pound hitting an opponent that was recently in hit/block stun doesn't do the full pop-up anymore. Aka, getting a frame perfect timing of a hit/block stun ending a frame before ground pound hits (which is before a character can jump) no longer allows for comboing.

I didn't really mean 'substantial' as in roster-wide changes, but more small, but impactful tweaks to raise up some of the weaker characters, similar to Nitara's buff.

Maybe something like shaving some recovery frames off of Motaro's teleport, or increasing his reflect's consistency against low projectiles are bigger changes than I think, but that was more along the lines of what I was talking about. Just really anything that isn't another bug fix.
Right. I think a lot of people would be happy with even just a small buff pass on the bottom 3/4 or fixing a few known gaps that maybe they shouldn't have.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Shujinko (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Meditate to 3 seconds (from 6)

Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed using Reiko's Retaliation as a special cancel after Apep Punch or Konquest Kick not being able to Parry

Yesss yesss

I am kind of sad to see that there wasn't any changes to Lao's low hat. The combination of it being a full screen projectile with good travel time/good recovery, hitting low, being plus on block, having a crazy recharge rate and having setup/hard to block-able potential seems exceptionally strong for a single Kameo move

I would've liked to have seen 1 of its properties adjusted sooner rather than later. I feel like people will continue to complain about it until the next patch and it will end up being nerfed more than it should be.

Learn to deal with low hat people, yea it’s obnoxious but hit the lab for your own sake!
It's not "dealing with it" that sucks.

It's the "why would I pick anything else" issue. Hat alone would be a good enough reason to pick lao, but you also get a teleport to interrupt animations and a decent combo/get off me tool (which admittedly is terrible to use because of the cooldown affecting low hat).

Again, how can you have kano ball and lao hat in the same game? Ball is VASTLY worse with the only slight advantage being it's ambush, which in the majority of cases just doesn't matter, especially when it's cd is so much longer. Oh and also on hit you get a kd rather than a full combo.

So yeah...dealing with hat is mostly learning to block the mixups and knowing what to do when your opponent is +2 after every string (and punishing the gap). It's just that picking anyone else without some seriously good reasons (reiko darrius off the top of my head) feels like you're missing out.

And i'll add it's boring as hell as well to ALWAYS be dealing with the same thing. We have these huge casts of characters and some of them barely even use their own moves because lao hat is better.

MAN0

DevilApes
And i'll add it's boring as hell as well to ALWAYS be dealing with the same thing. We have these huge casts of characters and some of them barely even use their own moves because lao hat is better.
Buff the rest kameos instead of nerfing lao hat, otherwise people will resort to the next best thing. Like what happened after Cyrax.