What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
i dont want to be disappointed again, nooooo :( i expected it to look much more realistic instead of cartoonish
What? 19194
yup an unfinished Kameo with an ugly old outfit and mullet
Expecting an unfinished game to look good is so weird to me. 19195
Boon himself said: "After you do that, select your character, there's a second roster of characters, who are a whole new, err, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT fighters"
Well honey, did we not see Subzero and Kung Lao also be Kameos in the trailer? One does not exclude the other.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I'm not complaining about graphics quality (which actually sucks but let's see if they improve - for example current Sonya, Stryker and Kano look like something that is PRETTY FAR AWAY from being finished product).

I'm complaining mostly about the graphics aesthetics. Explosions, flashes, cartoonish lightnings etc. We already have MANY Fighting Games with cartoonish vibe. Especially the Asian ones. Why can't they stick to their roots and get something that is dark and at least to some extent realistic?

And yes, I know that we can wink a bit on how "realistic" MK was with some of their most ridiculous fatalities even from 90s era, but I'm just disapointed that they are following the path to turn this product into MK vs DC or Injustice if we are speaking about visual aspect.
The only time you’re positive is when it comes to Rain being in the game, let’s not act as if you’re not notorious on this forum for being a negative Nancy. Now c’mon now.

So cynical, lol. Maybe, just maybe, because they're well-loved classics that they wanted to showcase in some way prior to release? All of the playable characters shown had already been confirmed with the exception of Kenshi. They're saving the character reveals for Kombat Kasts in the weeks ahead.
[/QUOTE]
So cynical, lol. Maybe, just maybe, because they're well-loved classics that they wanted to showcase in some way prior to release? All of the playable characters shown had already been confirmed with the exception of Kenshi. They're saving the character reveals for Kombat Kasts in the weeks ahead.
maybe maybe she's just a kameo, like IDGI why you think you have more of a point than me lol

it's not cynical we knew this was going to happen we knew some people were ONLY going to be kameos, NRS is telling me she's a kameo and I'm believing them

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
PSA to the people saying "It's not finished yet. They still have time":

The game is three months away from release, likely going gold, printed to disc and shipping to stores within a month or so max. Unless they decided to show us an old build for some reason, this is going to be very close to the end product lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Behold, for once I actually agree with Juggs. Freeze this moment in time.

Wait. He mentioned Human Smoke.

Just gonna go unlike real quick...

Uh, I mean the game looks gorgeous to me. I didn't get a Fortnite vibe at all. Then again, I've never played Fortnite because I'm not an Actual Baby and have been outside and know the intimate touch of other human beings, so...

Anyway, really curious if there will be a lore explanation for Kameos or who the Big Bad will actually be.
Bro, Human Smoke is the GOAT of MK. And yeah, I’m pretty sure this is the first time you’ve liked one of my posts. Glad you finally realize I always give the best takes

:REO

Anyway, the only thing I’m “disappointed” about is I was hoping for some in depth stuff maybe with @16 Bit. But that’ll come eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later

What? View attachment 19194

Expecting an unfinished game to look good is so weird to me. View attachment 19195

Well honey, did we not see Subzero and Kung Lao also be Kameos in the trailer? One does not exclude the other.
I didn't say anything about it looking unfinished? I just don't like Sonya's MK1 skin, I think the graphics look good. Luckily she also had her MK3 skin in the trailer, but not going to really matter when she's not playable

Skybox

Noob
maybe maybe she's just a kameo, like IDGI why you think you have more of a point than me lol

it's not cynical we knew this was going to happen we knew some people were ONLY going to be kameos, NRS is telling me she's a kameo and I'm believing them
[/QUOTE]
just because one is a cameo does not exclude them from being main roster

Temptress

Edenian Empress

A real head scratcher, that one. Perhaps because I am being level-headed, logical and rational and not jumping to negative conclusions that have no foundation in fact or reality instead of reacting emotionally.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
So basically, a non-playable kameo is:

1 character model
3-4 Special Moves
1 Breaker
1 Fatal Blow
1 Fatality
Appears in the intro, but probably doesn't speak

All in all, has enough stuff to warrant an 'identity'. I mean, we'll see Drahmin perform fatalities and fatal blows. How cool is that?
Agreed, one thing NRS does well is the bells and whistles that give the characters personality. I think it's going to make having some old favorites as kameo-only a lot more bearable/enjoyable.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
The only time you’re positive is when it comes to Rain being in the game, let’s not act as if you’re not notorious on this forum for being a negative Nancy. Now c’mon now.
not really. I was super-hyped after cinematic and I was waiting for this gameplay trailer like a kiddo.

Why should I lie to myself that I liked what I saw, when it certainly wasn't the case?

I'm lacking darkness and MK-vibe. I expected that and I received Mortal Kombat Switch Edition.

I haven't even started talking about the roster choices now. Those are all pretty safe, and from that standpoint it's what I expected and I kind of like it for starter.

Agilaz

It has begun
I loved most of what I saw, only thing I'm kind of iffy about is the apparent GIANT rewrites they're pulling. I get it, new era and all that, but it seems like a lot of the lore many of us grew up with is now just...gone.

My takeaways:

• Game looks amazing in terms of graphics, especially the stages.
  • Kenshi!
  • Goro Kameo!
  • Seems like they took the speed and flow of MK11 but then swapped out the meter system and added air combos. Breakers seem tied to Kameo's, meaning different Kameos = different OKI off breaker?
  • Kano possibly confirmed playable, unless Kameos also get their own fatalities.
  • I see quite some Injustice 3 in there. The new X-Ray start up animation is basically the Super animation from Injustice. Also big colourful explosions at the end, very Injustice.
  • The dude throwing the straw hat at Sub seems to be a bait - I feel throwing the chakra afterwards with that sort of deadly intent is hinting more at Kung Jin - unless the Great Kung Lao was also a chakra chucker.
  • Decently sized starting roster
  • NEXT INFO DUMP WHEN
  • I HAVE QUESTIONS

A real head scratcher, that one. Perhaps because I am being level-headed, logical and rational and not jumping to negative conclusions that have no foundation in fact or reality instead of reacting emotionally.
[/QUOTE]
But they do have a foundation in reality, she's been shown as a Kameo, some characters are only kameos.

Me looking at it from the perspective of NRS showing these 3 as kameos for the DEBUT for a reason, doesn't make me illogical. You just have more hope and faith than me, not sure why you think that's more valid, lots of MK fans hoped for stuff to never get it like that kombat pack 4, that scorpion skin in the mk11 trailer etc.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
not really. I was super-hyped after cinematic and I was waiting for this gameplay trailer like a kiddo.

Why should I lie to myself that I liked what I saw, when it certainly wasn't the case?

I'm lacking darkness and MK-vibe. I expected that and I received Mortal Kombat Switch Edition.

I haven't even started talking about the roster choices now. Those are all pretty safe, and from that standpoint it's what I expected and I kind of like it for starter.
This is debatable. I get what you're saying, but there were a LOT of fans who wanted MK to go back to the campiness / silliness because it was getting too 'real'.

Looks like this is NRS' middle ground.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
But they do have a foundation in reality, she's been shown as a Kameo, some play as only kameos.

Me looking at it from the perspective of NRS showing these 3 as kameos for the DEBUT for a reason, doesn't make me illogical. You just have more hope and faith than me, not sure why you think that's more valid, lots of MK fans hoped for stuff to never get it like that kombat pack 4, that scorpion skin in the mk11 trailer etc.
For what reason? The pessimistic one you have fabricated in your mind that is, again, baseless. What makes your reasoning illogical is you being TOLD by the creator himself that kameos and playable characters are not mutually exclusive and then proceeding to create some false narrative and declare that Sonya is unplayable and will only be in the game in the form of a "fat and ugly" kameo.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Was there a 2nd MK1 segment in the show after the main trailer and boon chat?

Skybox

Noob
But they do have a foundation in reality, she's been shown as a Kameo, some characters as only kameos.

[/QUOTE]

What we are TRYING to say:
Sonya is an MK1 STAPLE
FAN FAVORITE
THE FIRST FEMALE

She has a guaranteed slot.

BUT
We don't even know HALF the roster yet.

Iso she may not be in! But that is a 0.02% chance

I guarantee she will.

The reveal was story based. We didn't get the whole story. We got a few intros. Maybe Johnny meets sonya near the middle.

Some of our main roster may not make it in the story as main characters. MAIN characters.
but will still be in the MAIN roster

we were shown the story modes main characters essentially. The big players