What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

NariTuba

disMember
Im a little concerned with the quality of the animations, especially after watching SF6 for the last few months. I hope they will improve for the final release. I wasnt really impressed or hyped by this gameplay, hopefully that will change before release because I love MK.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Not a fan of Mileena's costume, sadly. It's really busy and reminiscent of MK11's art style. I like how the Earthrealmers have nice simple costumes. The basic ninja outfits for Sub and Scorp, suits for Johnny and Kenshi (who has a more "classic" costume too), streetwear for Kung Lao, and Shaolin garb for Raiden and Kenshi. But Mileena and Shang Tsung just look really busy and overdesigned, so I hope they have some better alternates.

Here's hoping we finally get Mileena's Deception costume in an NRS title.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Not a fan of Mileena's costume, sadly. It's really busy and reminiscent of MK11's art style. I like how the Earthrealmers have nice simple costumes. The basic ninja outfits for Sub and Scorp, suits for Johnny and Kenshi (who has a more "classic" costume too), streetwear for Kung Lao, and Shaolin garb for Raiden and Kenshi. But Mileena and Shang Tsung just look really busy and overdesigned, so I hope they have some better alternates.

Here's hoping we finally get Mileena's Deception costume in an NRS title.
I feel the same goes for Kitana. Maybe Edenian garbs are supposed to be more embellished and intricate than in other realms. Also the sisters are supposedly both royalty this time so it makes sense that their costumes have more detail than the monks or Raiden/Kung Lao who were seen working the fields.

Although I would love Mileena's MKD costume back! My favourite costume of hers ever.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I definitely recommend watching the trailer again in 4k and at least 1440p60. It looks much better than the stream reveal. Also, the more I watch it, the better everything looks and the more hype I get! I KANNOT WAIT!
This!
After rewatching the trailer for like 6 times now, the game looks even better. The attention to detail, the fluidity of the moves they perform, they say their bodies are also in sync with how they move.

and let me not even get started on the scenery. The background looks GORGEOUS. It’s all just so beautiful.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Watched the trailer again and I do worry about how slow this game could be (I was hoping for something faster than MK11) but strangely I feel like the animations might be making the game look slower than it is.