What's new

MK Legacy season 2 predictions/hype.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
So, after the latest update with the 2 published photos of the MK Legacy: season 2 cast in costume, those who are curious enough can't help but wonder what's to be seen in Tancharoen's series.

The cast photos reveal a 12 character roster which includes Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Raiden, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Stryker and Sub-Zero. Tancharoen's update on MK Legacy back in mid-July had the previously noted characters plus Baraka, Jax, Kano, Sonya and Quan Chi which are yet to be officially seen in any of the cast pictures.

Since there is no official word on how many episodes will this new season have and what duration will each episode have (hopefully not 9mins each), what are your expectations and predictions on the second season of Legacy? Which characters do you expect to play a big/small role? Who do you think are most likely to be "plot-extras"? What kind of surprises do you think that the 2nd season will offer? Who is teaming up with whom? Is Cage dying once again? Do you think the second season of Legacy will link to the 2013 MK movie reboot?

Please discuss whatever you have in mind or wish to see come February 17th... Streamy awards are just one month away people!

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Here is the official season 2 announcement video by Tancharoen himself... The answer to which characters are going to be included is given at the end of Kevin's speech:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Since Tagawa is returning and Noob Saibot will be introduced at some point,
i expect Scorpion to exact [false] revenge on Sub Zero.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Since Tagawa is returning and Noob Saibot will be introduced at some point,
i expect Scorpion to exact [false] revenge on Sub Zero.
I really hope we see Noob Saibot, but I'm not so sure about it since the director didn't mention Noob in his official announcement. If it is that Saibot is in, though, I bet that there is a Bi Han - Scorpion battle that ends up with probably our first 18+ scene for Legacy...
That's another thing I wanted to talk about: Up till now, we never really saw any brutal deaths/fatalities or gore the way MK Rebirth presented/promised it.
Season one had it's gory moments of course (Kano's eyeball, Hydro's decapitation, [fake] Bi Han shattering Sogun's iced remains at the Shirai Ryu village, the Tarkatans' invasion of Edenia etc...) but I can see some of the good guys serving as victims of the bad guys....

Also, is it me or do the cast photos have A LOT of good guys and really little bad guys ?

Fangoria19

Groovy
Since the first series was kind of an experiment, I expect this to be alot of fun but I heard a while back this will not be connected with the movie at all. I'm not quite sure why he did a second season of this while getting green lit to do the movie which basically covers the same story? I dont even know if the actors will be the same for the movie either.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Since the first series was kind of an experiment, I expect this to be alot of fun but I heard a while back this will not be connected with the movie at all. I'm not quite sure why he did a second season of this while getting green lit to do the movie which basically covers the same story? I dont even know if the actors will be the same for the movie either.
Oh, the fact that it's not connected with the upcoming movie seems nice (more MK content, more stories to be told etc).
I'm guessing, if season 2 becomes a hit, maybe a third season will include Outworld, Shao Kahn etc... The known storyline through Tancharoen's eyes of course.
I read somewhere that the Sonya and Jax actors are not the same as the 1st season. But I'm confused that none of the above (plus Kano, Baraka and Quan Chi) are seen in the pictures that were tweeted...

Fangoria19

Groovy
Oh, the fact that it's not connected with the upcoming movie seems nice (more MK content, more stories to be told etc).
I'm guessing, if season 2 becomes a hit, maybe a third season will include Outworld, Shao Kahn etc... The known storyline through Tancharoen's eyes of course.
I read somewhere that the Sonya and Jax actors are not the same as the 1st season. But I'm confused that none of the above (plus Kano, Baraka and Quan Chi) are seen in the pictures that were tweeted...
I was wondering that myself, I saw the group photo and figured that was the entire cast but now seeing that vid, I guess they really are gonna bring back the other characters which is awesome cause I wanted to see quan chi come back, I worship that pale bastard lol.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Super confusing, seeing how Michael Jai White tweeted that he would not be reprising his role of Jax for season 2 but would be back for the eventual film.
I want to say they are pulling their best actors for the movie because of budget, I dont think kevin tanch was ever given a decent budget for the web series, although he still makes the best of it regardless, def pleased with his work so far.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Another thing I noticed by looking at the cast photos is that there are A LOT of good guys...
I consider Shang Tsung, Ermac, Scorpion (under Quan Chi's spell/commands) and Mileena to be the only bad guys (Kitana can be too but, as we all know, at some point she is joining the good guys). Kano, Goro and Quan Chi are also in the bad guys roster for season 2 (yet, not in the cast photo) so here is my question:
Who do you guys think are going to die in this season? Good/bad guys...

I'm pretty excited for this, can't wait for the first episode, gonna be awesome. I personally loved S1 and like how Kevin has approached MK with a different feel.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I'm pretty excited for this, can't wait for the first episode, gonna be awesome. I personally loved S1 and like how Kevin has approached MK with a different feel.
What do you see happening in the second season? Which characters do you think will make the difference and which of them are going to "get it"?
I myself am very happy for the casting of the Scorpion Kang, Tsung, Kenshi and Lao actors. Raiden looks great too (kinda asian). Costumes look great as well!
I have no idea on WHEN the 2nd season will premiere but it looks like April or May...

What do you see happening in the second season? Which characters do you think will make the difference and which of them are going to "get it"?
I myself am very happy for the casting of the Scorpion Kang, Tsung, Kenshi and Lao actors. Raiden looks great too (kinda asian). Costumes look great as well!
I have no idea on WHEN the 2nd season will premiere but it looks like April or May...
Yeah, i'm disappointed with the Cage actor.. He as a goatee, really? lol but they all look great besides him, really gonna be awesome when it premieres. I also heard that it will be in Feb when the first episode is released. :)

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
On the 17th of February the director is going to show a teaser during the Streamy Awards. The actual 2nd season is rumored to premiere around springtime. Casper Van Dien (the Cage actor) is going to have a beard/unshaven look . I don't mind him as an actor (even though he is 40+ years old) as long as he delivers. Stryker, also, has a beard. The same thing goes with Marc Dacascos: He is 48-49 years old but I just know he is going to make a great Kung Lao.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
According to Wikipedia, Darren Shahlavi's twitter account and cast photos that were presented to the public several weeks ago, Kano Sonya and Jax are most likely NOT going to be in season 2 of MK Legacy... :(
As for the Liu Kang character, Kevin Tancharoen twitted THIS back in august of '12 https://twitter.com/KTANCH/status/238111395688902657
and Brian Tee had THIS to say in an interview...