What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The game got perfect scores from every outlet pretty much, some 'bad' publicity (probably some Kotaku loser) writing up an article about how they're triggered by Cammy's buttock probably didn't affect anything. And if NRS is scared to make some of their female character sexy just because of 'backlash', well that's stupid as hell.

Oh shit really? :confused:
Even Jesus said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's"

Liu Kang knows Outworld is the proper way of things, no influence from the girlfriend is gonna stop that.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It sure impacted her sai variation and gave some love to the teleporing one
It really didn’t tho. It was still 11f. Still a gdlk footsie tool, gdlk AA, just a great button in general. It being a high doesn’t mean anything since she had other mids to compensate for the “nerf”

ethereal only got love because the fade got buffed to high hell. The b1 “nerf” had nothing to do with it

It really didn’t tho. It was still 11f. Still a gdlk footsie tool, gdlk AA, just a great button in general. It being a high doesn’t mean anything since she had other mids to compensate for the “nerf”

ethereal only got love because the fade got buffed to high hell. The b1 “nerf” had nothing to do with it
Yup. This was another instance of people overreacting to a nerf, and thinking that Piercing was "ruined."

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yup. This was another instance of people overreacting to a nerf, and thinking that Piercing was "ruined."
Exactly lol. Remember when people cried about her being “trash” because she had to spend 2 bars to launch with ex roll? Same with Kitana and her rising blades

both still ended up being top 5

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Let's not forget that Mileena basically didn't work fundamentally on MKX's release and was simultaneously a bottom 5 and horrendously stripped base kit character in MK11. Let's pray to the Elder Gods Mileena gets a good fucking showing immediately this time around. Her and her sister both.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Let's not forget that Mileena basically didn't work fundamentally on MKX's release and was simultaneously a bottom 5 and horrendously stripped base kit character in MK11. Let's pray to the Elder Gods Mileena gets a good fucking showing immediately this time around. Her and her sister both.
Yeah I hope she doesn't play slow like in MK11.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
11 was a crime, like holy shit it felt like she was designed by people who hated her. No launch on Ball, no cancelling teleport, almost all of her iconic moves being separated into different slots, that WACK ass "invisibility".

It was sad too because aesthetically, it was the best she ever looked. But she played like complete ass

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
11 was a crime, like holy shit it felt like she was designed by people who hated her. No launch on Ball, no cancelling teleport, almost all of her iconic moves being separated into different slots, that WACK ass "invisibility".

It was sad too because aesthetically, it was the best she ever looked. But she played like complete ass
I thought her default look was gross, but she had some cool costumes thankfully. Especially her UMK3 costume. But yeah, defo was weird to play. And her stupid ass out, gremlin stance dude omg.

Even this reimagined version would be perfect:
This reimagining is such a serve. I would play her so much in this look, I like the new one but this is a whole different level.

hey so Mileena is the princess of outworld not edenia

in the build Kitana specifically talks about serving outworld

even in the new era there is no edenia, sorry
These were the vibes I got after Boon said in an interview that "Outworld is pretty now". I really thought there could be a conceptual overlap with Edenia if this new version of Outworld was at play, it would also explain why the Living Forest looks so vibrant and almost elfic.

Guess NRS might want to make Outworld the new Edenia, as in rewritting its past to match Edenia's and make the story simpler kinda like "Outworld before Shao Kahn opposed to Outworld after Shao Kahn". It is a cool way to develop the aesthetics of Edenia by doing new takes on already estabilished locations (instead of creating new and unfamiliar ones), and then pushing it further with developments in these very same iconic places, creating a story behind how they unfolded into what we know in the original timeline.

Let's see how that goes.

Last edited:
Exactly lol. Remember when people cried about her being “trash” because she had to spend 2 bars to launch with ex roll? Same with Kitana and her rising blades

both still ended up being top 5
Absolutely, all overreactions.

And then in Mortal Kombat 11, most characters needed to spend a bar to launch.

She was negative on hit with Telekick...

As someone who played her, I don't think she played like complete ass, but she definitely had some design issues and needed further balancing. The games wasn't a (traditional) "kombo" game, and her having to spend a Bar to launch was a common thing among the roster. Her not being able to cancel off of Teleport Kick, while weird, fit into the more restrictive system of the game. Krushing Blows were huge in the game, and hers just stunk. Her B1,1,4 Krushing Blow, and of course D2, where her only good ones. Her forward throw would have been great if it's conditions weren't so oppressive and if it didn't reset the counter in-between rounds. Some of her normals needed tweaking as well.

All of the KP2 characters needed more work, and I fully expect it was meant to happen, but then management nixed that.

Well maybe it's just the perception people have on the genes manifesting in a later age, would be weird if Liu Kang erased all of the Tarkatan, although he could've put them somewhere else making them unknown to current Outworlders.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
They added stuff on the website.

View attachment 19509
If this is the case and Mileena is Kitana’s biological sibling/twin and not some monstrous clone, I’m really confused as to why the VA went the same direction as the savage, deranged Mileena from MK11. It doesn’t make any sense for her to sound like that with this retcon. Perhaps she sounds like Kitana in story mode and her voice becomes progressively more animalistic as the disease progresses?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So long as she’s not horrendously bad on release, as she has been in the past 2 games, I’ll be happy.

Although, judging from the trailer, that ball roll ain’t fast and will be used almost exclusively as a combo extender.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
If this is the case and Mileena is Kitana’s biological sibling/twin and not some monstrous clone, I’m really confused as to why the VA went the same direction as the savage, deranged Mileena from MK11. It doesn’t make any sense for her to sound like that with this retcon. Perhaps she sounds like Kitana in story mode and her voice becomes progressively more animalistic as the disease progresses?
Oh god I HATED her VA direction in 11, it sounded like on old hag. I really hope you're right and she sounds more like Kitana but with a more villainous flair. MK9 and MKX VA were the best IMO.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Oh god I HATED her VA direction in 11, it sounded like on old hag. I really hope you're right and she sounds more like Kitana but with a more villainous flair. MK9 and MKX VA were the best IMO.
It's seemingly the same in MK1 based on the trailer, which is a shame. I love Kari as a voice actress and ultimately can't fault her as it was likely the creative direction she was given by NRS, but I prefer Karen Strassman's Mileena. Total perfection. I think Kari's voice is better suited to modern benevolent Kitana (Karen did a good job at portraying the regal/arrogant/Shao Kahn assassin Kitana).

dph1990

Noob
I don’t know how to feel about the retcon just yet, but I’m open minded.

I will admit I’m hoping it’s a big cover up and Mileena IS still a clone, and the disease story is a way of covering up the truth, even from Mileena herself. The disease story is to explain the faults in the cloning process (teeth, mentally unstable, prone to eating faces) and also makes Mileena more easily controlled and manipulated if she’s terrified of her “disease” being discovered.

(Also I’m worried her teeth won’t feature in any gameplay or fatalities at all if it’s a huge secret, that will be a big disappointment for me but we’ll just have to wait and see)

Temptress

Edenian Empress
(Also I’m worried her teeth won’t feature in any gameplay or fatalities at all if it’s a huge secret, that will be a big disappointment for me but we’ll just have to wait and see)
They do. You can see her classic mouth in the kameo trailer roughly 20 seconds in.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think it's defo because of the mouth. But I like her voice personally.

Wow so they retconned an entire race?
More like Liu changed an entire race. It'll be very, very interesting to see what he's done. Don't forget, even Shang couldn't believe he was willing to let his friends die and suffer, and Liu's casual reply to this was that they'd live again in his new era. Liu, the golden boy, was using his closest friends and even his partner as tools already.

Very curious to see where this goes.

I’m really confused as to why the VA went the same direction as the savage,
As VSlayer said, likely due to the mouth. It could also be that the disease affects/alters a person's mind enough.

dph1990

Noob
I know they’re part of her design, I mean I’ll be disappointed if she has no attacks or cinematics etc using her teeth if the story means she hides them from sight at all times.
They do. You can see her classic mouth in the kameo trailer roughly 20 seconds in.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I don't know why people are getting butt hurt by the retcon - her being some clone was always a little lame. Her having some tarkan disease, it spreading to others and uniting people with the same infliction (potentially with Baraka) would be a pretty solid storyline.