What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

The Magician

According to my sources...
Need a secondary, not too high execution as Cassie takes up most of my time. Is Leena alright for a secondary?

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
Probably fine since your Primary is a rushdown/mix-up centric character. I'd say the two complement each other well. She's also not too execution heavy, but there are a few things that require timing practice. ie. B3 after a roll has to be timed correctly or it whiffs, B21 2+4 is a very finnicky string in some combos, and you'd have to devote time to her Oki game, which I've touched on a bit in previous posts and Mr. Mileena did a video for in this sub-forum.] But overall, she's fairly easy to pick up for anyone with a solid grasp of footsies and half decent combo execution. [You will lose matches with Mileena if you drop combos, plain and simple. She isnt as forgiving in that aspect as characters like Lao, Cassie, Jin, and D'V.]

I'm thinking my secondary will be Lao. Doesn't seem like he has any really terrible matchups as of right now, and I'm thinking Jax is gonna be a nightmare for Milly.

Gefen

Noob
I believe that by losing about 2% of her combo damage (33->31) Mileena is almost trivial character combo wise.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, her low sai is 0 on hit this patch...I know the frame data reads like -8 or something...

But if you go into training it's definitely 0. I'm pretty sure I've tested this in the past and it was definitely negative...

Ninja Buff?

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Hmm. Does this mean she can cancel into low sai out of unsafe block strings like Lao and his goddamn Buzzsaw low hat?

Does anyone think that the reason her standing 3 and F1 aren't overheads are because they're armor breaking moves? As you can see I'm really hard to justify why they aren't, lol. There's gotta be a top-tier character somewhere who can use 50/50s that have an armor breaking option built in as well.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Does anyone think that the reason her standing 3 and F1 aren't overheads are because they're armor breaking moves? As you can see I'm really hard to justify why they aren't, lol. There's gotta be a top-tier character somewhere who can use 50/50s that have an armor breaking option built in as well.
That could be the reason

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
That could be the reason. I like the oki & how she deals with wake ups. Keep in mind that there are some characters who are really good at both, but not too many.

I mean she does have an overhead, but it requires meter. 21U4 hits overhead just it could be armored out as a reversal. However, you also can bait the armor with the string, too.

I also found simple bnb X-ray combos that breaks 43% for newcomers if they can't land the stronger ones. I'll post them later. I highly recommend that the X-ray combos shouldn't just be flat out used unless you either have the lifelead & then use it for a tech combo to close out the rounds, or if you're needing to build momentum or wake up. Or air to air combo

JDE

Just wanna thank you guys for being positive about Mileena. Too many haters in TYM who abandoned her a long time ago. I've had huge success with Mileena even against high level players. It's all about how YOU play her
Some of us never thought she was bad. I still don't think she's bad. Just my opinion, though. It will all depend on how her match ups play out. There are some high level players who think she's really good. It's just how people in forums generally work. When the game comes out, they're not finding anything at 1st, but then weeks later, more things are discovered. I remember people thought the same thing with Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, & then E.Ryu until someone brought them all out. Speaking of which, she kind of reminds me of E.Ryu, just E.Ryu mounts a harder-hitting offense.

Also @Aqueous_Echo, you just click at the bottom of your profile picture in the forums & then it'll ask you your variation mood.

Some of us never thought she was bad. I still don't think she's bad. Just my opinion, though. It will all depend on how her match ups play out. There are some high level players who think she's really good. It's just how people in forums generally work. When the game comes out, they're not finding anything at 1st, but then weeks later, more things are discovered. I remember people thought the same thing with Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, & then E.Ryu until someone brought them all out. Speaking of which, she kind of reminds me of E.Ryu, just E.Ryu mounts a harder-hitting offense.

Also @Aqueous_Echo, you just click at the bottom of your profile picture in the forums & then it'll ask you your variation mood.
Yeah if you go into miles as character thread there's a lot of people talking about how bad she is and few who are choosing to stick with her. Even some sticking behind sonic in that he dropped her day one apparently because she isn't "good."

Remember how badly rated kabal or even Cyrax were the first year or year and a half of mk9? Like JDE said, it'll take time and once we all find her sweet spots they'll wish they stuck with her

Reactions: JDE

TheGabStandard

Just wanna thank you guys for being positive about Mileena. Too many haters in TYM who abandoned her a long time ago. I've had huge success with Mileena even against high level players. It's all about how YOU play her
Similar to what JDE said. Some of us never thought she was bad, she has to play in a certain way which is quite different to the majority of the cast and that is not easy. At the same time the game it's only a month old, sounds crazy as it feels like I've been playing it for a year lol, so there is a lot of stuff to discover to determine where she really lies. So until the dust settles I along with many others will remain positive.

TheGabStandard

Also, her d4, f4, standing 4, b12 (reach), and 21 even are very small, but useful tools. Her d4 really gives you good options after connect
Its not easy to do but what I sometimes do is cancel d4 into sai/low sai, almost like cr.mk to fireball as Ryu. It's not a combo but it catches a lot of people out if you throw it out once in a while.

Its not easy to do but what I sometimes do is cancel d4 into sai/low sai, almost like cr.mk to fireball as Ryu. It's not a combo but it catches a lot of people out if you throw it out once in a while.
Yeah, I like to mix it up using low sai every now and then. Very bad if they sense it coming thought he punishment is capital punishment lol.

JDE

If a character is bad, then I'll voice my thoughts on why they're bad, but I also won't constantly keep posting about them to the point that it becomes annoying & discouraging to other people who like the character for what they are. Or people who generally want to grind it out with the character (loyalist) but have a back up for match up purposes.

I do hope that NRS take into consideration of 3 being an overhead, though. I doubt that they'll change f3 because of how much of damage that it leads to. If they were to change the speed of f3, then it would HAVE to be unsafe on block & the damage would have to be toned down a bit.

Yeah I agree. If she had just 1, just 1, overhead starter or command she would be very good and make people respect her more. I've seen some talk about her telekick converted to overhead and idk... I could probably get behind that. It'd be fair. Her 3 being overhead would be acceptable too. But really she just needs that one overhead

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
kung jins is overhead though and has pretty much the same animation

I think we'd all gladly lose the armor in exchange for the overhead lol.
i wouldnt