What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
@NotKaiten or @MKGlaga, nice find on that NJP corner combo, totally sick.

I turned negative edge off (or Release Check), after getting use to the difference, my combos became more consistent, and precise. I recommend turning Release Check Off, and playing around with it if you have not already. I never played Injustice or id of known about it at the get go.

This is the last Mileena Piercing combo video I am doing, its a very short quick guide for beginner to adept Mileena players on combos specifically.

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I found some knockdown situations from F234, F143, & 21U4.

For F234 & 21U4, can't be tech rolled, but if they do a wake up attack or dash backwards
  • Telekick will hit, even if they do get up (short), but if they do a long get up, it'll whiff but you're out of harm's way & within the range you want to be at.
  • Both sais
  • Ball roll will catch
  • B21 & B12 will catch
  • F12 will catch
  • F3 will catch
  • EX tele kick will hit with anything, just with long, you'll have to wait until they attempt to get to their feet
  • Ex Ball will hit on short mode, but long you'll have to time it.
  • NJP, & JI's/Cross ups will work on short & long.
  • Ex Wake ups varies. On Kitana's Ex Fans & Ex Nado, F3, B21, B12, F12, knocks her out of the form. If you use Telekick, you will hit & chip her & Goro (tested Ex Punches) out & get behind them out of harm's way. Same for Sub-Zero's Ex Slide. This is if Kitana does her throat slash (Ex Throat slice). If she does her EX fan rise, then back dash & you'll get B12, B21, roll or NJP combo for a punish.
F143 has a little less to work with, it can be tech rolled (& they can dash backwards):
  • Telekick misses, but you're out of harms way. With get ups short it will connect, long will miss but you're good to go & will be in range where you want to be with her.
  • Low & EX Sais hit.
  • Roll will miss entirely, but you're safe
  • EX Roll will connect
  • Ex Telekick will connect on the dash & short, long you'll have to time
  • Jips/Jik but not Njps in this one.
  • Ex wake ups vary
I have a few combos for them, but I'm looking for stronger ones. If I don't find any stronger ones then I'll post the ones that I have with each variation. Most of these options will work with 3, too

Last edited:

JDE

I found some knockdown situations from F234, F143, & 21U4.

For F234 & 21U4, can't be teched,
  • Telekick will hit, even if they do get up (short), but if they do a long get up, it'll whiff but you're out of harm's way & within the range you want to be at.
  • Both sais
  • Ball roll will catch
  • B21 & B12 will catch
  • F12 will catch
  • F3 will catch
  • EX tele kick will hit with anything, just with long, you'll have to wait until they attempt to get to their feet
  • Ex Ball will hit on short mode, but long you'll have to time it.
  • NJP & JI's/Cross ups will work on short & long.
  • Ex Wake ups varies. On Kitana's Ex Fans & Ex Nado, F3, B21, B12, F12, knocks her out of the form. If you use Telekick, you will hit & chip her & Goro (tested Ex Punches) out & get behind them out of harm's way. Same for Sub-Zero's Ex Slide. This is if Kitana does her throat slash (Ex Throat slice). If she does her EX fan rise, then back dash & you'll get B12, B21, roll or NJP combo for a punish.
F143 has a little less to work with (if they dash backwards):
  • Telekick misses, but you're out of harms way. With get ups short it will connect, long will miss but you're good to go & will be in range where you want to be with her.
  • Low & EX Sais hit.
  • Roll will miss entirely, but you're safe
  • EX Roll will connect
  • Ex Telekick will connect on the dash & short, long you'll have to time
  • No Jips or Njps in this one.
  • Ex wake ups vary
I have a few combos for them, but I'm looking for stronger ones. If I don't find any stronger ones then I'll post the ones that I have with each variation. Most of these options will work with 3, too
Here are some combos. You're sacrificing a little bit of damage though some of them aren't too far away from the 30's meterless. There some that you can use in meter, but I haven't gone too deep into them:

All Variants

(AA) Telekick xxair saisxx ball roll, f143 26%
(AA) Telekick xxair saixx ball roll 21u4 28%
123 xxballxx njp, walk a bit 21u4 26%
b12 xxballxx njp, walk 21u4 25%
f4 xxballxx njp, f143 25%
123 xxrollxx njp f143 28%
b12 xxrollxx njp f143 27%
b22 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f23 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f12b4 xxrollxx njp, 214 27%

F234 I haven't found a combo, yet. I'm thinking that it's used for the mixup game with F23 if people aren't looking to block low. Her foot sweep could be used also.

Last edited:

pdog305

Noob
Here are some combos. You're sacrificing a little bit of damage though some of them aren't too far away from the 30's meterless. There some that you can use in meter, but I haven't gone too deep into them:

All Variants

(AA) Telekick xxair saisxx ball roll, f143 26%
(AA) Telekick xxair saixx ball roll 21u4 28%
123 xxballxx njp, walk a bit 21u4 26%
b12 xxballxx njp, walk 21u4 25%
f4 xxballxx njp, f143 25%
123 xxrollxx njp f143 28%
b12 xxrollxx njp f143 27%
b22 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f23 xxrollxx njp, 21u4 25%
f12b4 xxrollxx njp, 214 27%
I'm with you on this buddy. I've given up on trying to maximize damage and instead I work on maintaining pressure. So now I end all my combos with 21U4 or standing 3 unless I'm going for the kill and I need the extra damage. My bnb's are pretty much roll njp 21U4_3. It's easy as hell even online and you get to start your mixups:)

JDE

I'm with you on this buddy. I've given up on trying to maximize damage and instead I work on maintaining pressure. So now I end all my combos with 21U4 or standing 3 unless I'm going for the kill and I need the extra damage. My bnb's are pretty much roll njp 21U4_3. It's easy as hell even online and you get to start your mixups:)
It's definitely good to go for consistent high damage in situations, but I use this if I have the life lead &/or make a read on them on wake up. Usually, through the rounds of each game that I play on or offline, I read what they like to do & then exploit of their habits. I see your point, though. :)

It's definitely good to go for consistent high damage in situations, but I use this if I have the life lead &/or make a read on them on wake up. Usually, through the rounds of each game that I play on or offline, I read what they like to do & then exploit of their habits. I see your point, though. :)
I've found wake up, block to be effective in most situations. It seems a lot of folks expect Mileena to wake up ball, but don't quite know what to do if you just wake up and stand there like you just don't care. Wait for a second and follow up with your favorite telekick combo. I've found 90% of the time after a second of standing there, unless they're super patient, they'll try to grab or hit a button somewhere. You could probably roll, but in my case I need to often remember there are other specials and wind up randomly dropping from the sky to mix it up.

JDE

That's always a good option to do. I have to train myself to make reads & keep an eye on everything that's going on all through the match & don't lose sight of what's happening.

People are starting to figure out some things. When they do, you can't hit anyone.

Block everything low, stand up after a string in case it's cancelled. She needs a legit overhead starter... not because U4 was good in MK9, but because every single other character has one.

B12 in piercing has good range... but that one single tool isn't good enough to fix her gigantic other problems.

Her "mixup game" sucks. Mileena sucks. Switching to Sonya.
Mileena does not suck. You are using her wrong. She is not a rushdown and mixup character. You will need to use throws. She is a whiff punisher with good zoning capabilities. That roll whiff punishes better then pretty much anything else. Its 7f, hits mid and launches. You can aa jumps all day with it and punish in your sleep.

She is not the best but she is not shinnok and goro tier

Playing Mileena as a whiff punish character is something I need to get into my head. I keep trying to scream "MORTAL KOMBAT" and go in but often it winds up going poorly. I've also been trying to spend time in the lab to figure out better options to just doing ball to punish. Like if there are combos she has that can lead into a ball bounce or ex tele for that punish. I think if I recall 123 has a quick start that can lead into ball, nj2, b21, 2+4 for roughly 31% without meter (Could be quite wrong on all of this, however.) and it's easy peasy to hit, especially online.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Alright Ravenous players. I found a consistent way of attaining over 30% off an EX-Roll. Of course, this only works if they're still grounded.

EX-Roll, J3~Teleport~Air Sai, F2~Low/High Pounce (33%)

The trick is to connect the J3 as late as possible. You then have to Teleport as quick as possible. Everything after is straightforward. The timing isn't difficult. It's executing the Teleport as quick as possible which is the key.

pdog305

Noob
Like if there are combos she has that can lead into a ball bounce or ex tele for that punish
B12 should be your go to string. It's safe, only 11 frames, has excellent range and you can cancel into ball. B12 even catches wakeup backdash and stuffs non armored wakeup attacks.
Up close I confirm into ball with 21 since it has a low and if they start blocking then I finish the string which is overhead and gives a hard kd (tasty!) so I can start my mixups.
F4 is good too because it's low and can cancel into ball. If they block just finish the f44 string which is safe.

Last edited:
B12 should be your go to string. It's safe, only 10 frames, has excellent range and you can cancel into ball. B12 even catches wakeup backdash and stuffs non armored wakeup attacks.
Up close I confirm into ball with 21 since it has a low and if they start blocking then I finish the string which is overhead and gives a hard kd (tasty!) so I can start my mixups.
F4 is good too because it's low and can cancel into ball. If they block just finish the f44 string which is safe.
Oooh, nice. I'll have to remember these for my next online encounters. Thanks!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Oooh, nice. I'll have to remember these for my next online encounters. Thanks!
As a Ravenous player, I try to use f+2,3 as her main long reaching hit-confirm tool. It has decent reach in the variation, can be hitconfirmed and leads into decent damage. Also, whenever I find myself up close an personal on the offense, 1,2,3 and 1,2,4 and f+1,2 are my go-to strings for starting my offense. Easy to hit-confirm and if the opponent is ready to poke out, adding an EX Ball at the end will teach them a lesson.

pdog305

Noob
I try to use f+2,3 as her main long reaching hit-confirm tool. It has decent reach in the variation, can be hitconfirmed and leads into decent damage.
I need to use f23 more often since it has the low option with f234. Once they start blocking low you can cancel into ex ball for a full combo.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I need to use f23 more often since it has the low option with f234. Once they start blocking low you can cancel into ex ball for a full combo.
Yes, I definitely take advantage of that too. I don't know if the 4 is a HKD, but it usually lets me go on the offense if it connects.

I did this combo this morning only once and I cant ever get the last part of the combo to connect. The back 2 connects but then the 1 always whiffs. I've tried it from many different distances and still no luck. I know it's possible because I obviously did it once lol but it's so frustrating. I have no clue why it's whiffing. Any help?

I did this combo this morning only once and I cant ever get the last part of the combo to connect. The back 2 connects but then the 1 always whiffs. I've tried it from many different distances and still no luck. I know it's possible because I obviously did it once lol but it's so frustrating. I have no clue why it's whiffing. Any help?
But the video is private.

That looks pretty tough to hit consistently. I've had similar trouble with dropping the 1 also on combos that use it as an ender, normally because I waited too long to do it and so they aren't picked up. I've tried to think of it as a rhythm of sorts. There's a beat to how the input should be done. Not sure if this is helpful, but it might be a new way of looking at combos.