What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

Rapid99

Resident Mileena Researcher
No. I disregarded mixups because i was convinced that there arent any.

There are options i didnt even consider Though... i mean, its not like its written in stone that you have to do an entire string before you cancel it.. things like 2 ex roll or 21 roll are viable where you cant just block low then stand up.

Kinda invalidates my entire argument. Lol
Don't sweat on it too much eh, if a character isn't working for you then that's all fine and dandy. I think people here are just responding to the "Mileena has no mix-up" argument since it doesn't really hold much water.

I'll be going over this in depth in a future post but for now if I had to elaborate on what I PERSONALLY believe Mileena's core weakness is I would put it thus:

Mileena's biggest limiting factor during standard play is her reliance a single bar of meter. It not only gives her access to much of her mix-up game but because exRoll can be used to punish / armor through a lot of things that Mileena can't otherwise deal with it greatly improves her reactionary / punish game as well. At the core of this is the fact that Mileena is on the average to average-slow side for characters when it comes to standard strings so against faster opponents she must be played reactionary until you have access to meter - and even then you still have to cautious against real speed demons.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
After playing long sets against friends with Mileena, I'm more and more getting the same feelings I got playing as King in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (as odd as that may sound).

What I mean by this is, as the opponent gets more used to the matchup and as, over time, their skills improve, the battle becomes harder and harder for Mileena. As equally skilled players begin to improve, I think favor starts falling from Mileena. To me, it feels as if the more the opponent understands her and understands their options, the more they're able to play their own game at their own pace and it becomes harder to bait out mistakes. As they become more comfortable and more aware, I think Mileena is forced to make bigger and bigger gambles to get damage which can have mixed results.

I actually think she's a pretty good character, but I definitely believe that an experienced and knowledgeable opponent really limits her options until she's forced to make hard reads and/or guesses in order to change the pace of the battle.

Primo_585

"Elder Gods Damn You!!"
Ok
No. I disregarded mixups because i was convinced that there arent any.

There are options i didnt even consider Though... i mean, its not like its written in stone that you have to do an entire string before you cancel it.. things like 2 ex roll or 21 roll are viable where you cant just block low then stand up.

Kinda invalidates my entire argument. Lol
Ok buddy cool! Take care peace!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Mileena reminds me of MK9 Sonya a little.
Any time you touch the opponent, they must respect EXroll. It could come after anything. Use this fact to throw them and cross them up.
Exactly. Mileena can smother opponents very quickly. She doesn't need meter to do 30+ either. I always save my meter for ex roll. That or I will use it for a late round 40 percent confirm with ex telekick.

She needs to be played at a fast pace. Like Carl like speeds. Many cross ups, staggers, and checks. She WILL make you press buttons and has all the tools to do so.

But seriously a plus low Sai on hit is all she needs. It would give her tons more
Smothering potential and tricky mixups.

Exactly. Mileena can smother opponents very quickly. She doesn't need meter to do 30+ either. I always save my meter for ex roll. That or I will use it for a late round 40 percent confirm with ex telekick.

She needs to be played at a fast pace. Like Carl like speeds. Many cross ups, staggers, and checks. She WILL make you press buttons and has all the tools to do so.

But seriously a plus low Sai on hit is all she needs. It would give her tons more
Smothering potential and tricky mixups.
The biggest mistake I'm making is not cancelling strings into EX roll before I complete the whole string. Playing like that takes away too many options and it pretty much eliminates mixups (not that they aren't there, moreso that I haven't been using them right).

I totally agree with aplus on low sai, and I wouldn't be opposed to plus on landed regular telekick either. It doesn't need to lead to a relatively safe mixup attempt like MK9, I just think it's kinda lame that she's forced to be defensive for landing specials.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
id take plus frames on telekick on hit over that every day of the week (both seem odd choices to be like what they are atm though)
Either or would be great. Plus on hit telekick helps with zoners and hard reads, plus on hit Sai would help her up close pressure game. Honestly one of the other would be awesome. It's really the only piece she needs. Keep them both punishable on block but make them plus on hit.

Dark_Ky

Noob
@Dark_Ky @Arkayne Oh yeah, I guess knowing whether he's in Ravenous or Piercing would be pretty important on whether it's UU2 or DD2. UU2 for Ravenous and DD2 for Piercing. After testing, there is a HUUGE gap on when you can put the extension button inputs. You can type UU2 or DD2 anywhere between INSTANTLY after as if it's part of the combo string (like I do) or RIGHT before the first stab/bite. You're most likely just pressing the wrong buttons.

I hope you're doing fine with the TK xx SB now. :cool:

And yes, practice would be best. I think I'm spending WAAY too much time in practice mode. I've hardly fought anyone yet.
yes no problems with TK xx SB. actually I had to input the TK more cleaner and the TK xx SB was very easy after that and thanks for the DD2 tip too guys. no that I have her comobs down its time to drop them online xD

I realize that Mileena isnt very good in this game and she actually doesnt fit my playstyle at all but her personality and character design are so awesome that I have to pick her up ^^

I just need a good low lol. whats her best low/s?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
yes no problems with TK xx SB. actually I had to input the TK more cleaner and the TK xx SB was very easy after that and thanks for the DD2 tip too guys. no that I have her comobs down its time to drop them online xD

I realize that Mileena isnt very good in this game and she actually doesnt fit my playstyle at all but her personality and character design are so awesome that I have to pick her up ^^

I just need a good low lol. whats her best low/s?
F12B4 - string ends in a low.
F4 - low starter with decent range but super unsafe.
D4 - poke

Either or would be great. Plus on hit telekick helps with zoners and hard reads, plus on hit Sai would help her up close pressure game. Honestly one of the other would be awesome. It's really the only piece she needs. Keep them both punishable on block but make them plus on hit.
low sai being plus on hit would give her mixup game so many options. There would be a reason not to just stand up after blocking a string because a landed low sai would mean more pressure.

It would make a gigantic difference in her overall viability

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
low sai being plus on hit would give her mixup game so many options. There would be a reason not to just stand up after blocking a string because a landed low sai would mean more pressure.

It would make a gigantic difference in her overall viability
Yep. Keeping it hella negative on block still fits her overall niche as a high risk high reward character.

@colt
Keep it on the back of your mind? :p

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
@Johnny San I agree with you completely about Ravenous as we saw in our matches which I will say GG's by the way. I feel bad my internet was being finnicky that day.

I've noticed alot of you guys are talking about the problems with Piercing. : | Glad it's being seen now,

Damonta

Online Warrior
After a blocked 123 string I tend to do a crouching 4, which then leaves them at a good distance to further pressure them with f23 (4 or ex roll mix-up), or nj.p if your anticipate that they'll jump forward after that.

I also think that f344 is underrated. You can get a decent combo afterward with a roll, you get a mix-up if you have meter for an ex roll, and it's safe Vs a lot of things as far as I know.

Also, a tip for people struggling to consistently do b3 after a roll; hold the back as early as possible and just time the kick. I found that pressing back and 3 together sometimes resulted in a neutral 3 occuring, at least in an online environment

Off-topic; How do some of you guys get those variation title/sigs under your username?

Mix ups Guide

First combo - press any button
Second combo - press any button
Third combo - press any button
Fourth combo - press any button
5 - block the string low then stand up
6 - block the string low then stand up
7 - block the string low then stand up
8 - block the string low then stand up

You get the idea. The combos that are ending in low sai blast... block low then stand up. You get hit but you're +8. Go ahead and use those if you like getting forced to play defense for landing a special.

Mileenas real mixup game happens when opponents know which hits are low and you cancel into an overhead before doing a whole string. I find that her real mixups actually work better when the opponent is familiar with her strings because of this.

For the sake of whatever, the very first combo in this video is a mixup provided your opponent decides (for whatever reason) to block the F3, because you can do F34 EX roll or F344 roll. This is an example of cancelling into an overhead before te whole string ends. The other F3 starters though... you got it.. after the overhead, block low, then stand up.

real mixup options.

F34 EX roll or F344 roll. - mixup (50/50) on the 3rd hit.
2 EX roll or 21 roll - mixup on the 2nd hit
B21 roll or B2 EX roll - mixup on the 2nd hit
F23 EX roll or F23B4 - mixup on the last hit
F12B4 Roll or F12 EX Roll - mixup on the 3rd hit

Every one of these is extremely unsafe, but that doesn't mean they aren't mixups.

Without meter he has no viable mixups outside of ravenous' pounce options.

Last edited:

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Corner stuff no longer works because of f4,4 nerfs, but I figured I'd post this anyway just for preserving what was once possible :(

Gonna make a second video with stuff that works in the current version! Notations will also be included in the second video.

pdog305

Noob
I'm just messing around in practice mode and found this. Forget about max damage with mileena with your combos by ending with b121+3 or b212+4. I'll explain why. Even though both of those enders end in hard knockdowns you don't get enough frame advantage to stuff wakeups. Go to training mode and set the dummy to wakeup with an armored ex wakeup and you will get beat with every option mileena has available with the exception of ex ball. But we all know ex ball stuffs wakeups but that costs meter and is unsafe if they block. b121+3 leaves them standing but you have to run at the opponent and you could still get hit by an armored ex attack.

Instead end your combos with 3 - you know the 2 hit axe kick. That gives you the hard knockdown and the opponent is right next to you where you can continue applying pressure by using the f1 strings because f1 hits twice and blows up a lot of armored wakeups. Right now i'm testing it against erron black and it blows up his ex slide and ex command grab if they try to wakeup. If they don't wake up and decide to block they are forced to deal with mileena's f1 mixups in f143 or f12b4. I tested a wakeup backdash and f1 still catches it. Kung lao may be an exception with his ex spin.

This is big if you think about it and explore it further. f143 is and overhead and leads to another hard knockdown but is unsafe. f12b4 can lead to another hard knockdown if you end your combo with 3 again. Oh yeah f12b4 is safe at only -6 and ends low. So only a few characters can punish that string. You know at one point or another in the match you will either AA, whiff punish or randomly land a ball. So you don't have to waste meter in combos instead you can save it for breakers because mileena is unsafe and you will get punished for it at some point in the match. Once the opponent is conditioned to block or delay their wakeup because they know you can stuff wakeups then you can do your slow ass f343_f344 mixup which leads to huge damage or just continue with the f1 string mixups.

I may be getting ahead of myself right now and this will require further testing but i just wanted to share this in case anyone wants to explore this.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
I'm just messing around in practice mode and found this. Forget about max damage with mileena with your combos by ending with b121+3 or b212+4. I'll explain why. Even though both of those enders end in hard knockdowns you don't get enough frame advantage to stuff wakeups. Go to training mode and set the dummy to wakeup with an armored ex wakeup and you will get beat with every option mileena has available with the exception of ex ball. But we all know ex ball stuffs wakeups but that costs meter and is unsafe if they block. b121+3 leaves them standing but you have to run at the opponent and you could still get hit by an armored ex attack.

Instead end your combos with 3 - you know the 2 hit axe kick. That gives you the hard knockdown and the opponent is right next to you where you can continue applying pressure by using the f1 strings because f1 hits twice and blows up a lot of armored wakeups. Right now i'm testing it against erron black and it blows up his ex slide and ex command grab if they try to wakeup. If they don't wake up and decide to block they are forced to deal with mileena's f1 mixups in f143 or f12b4. I tested a wakeup backdash and f1 still catches it. Kung lao may be an exception with his ex spin.

This is big if you think about it and explore it further. f143 is and overhead and leads to another hard knockdown but is unsafe. f12b4 can lead to another hard knockdown if you end your combo with 3 again. Oh yeah f12b4 is safe at only -6 and ends low. So only a few characters can punish that string. You know at one point or another in the match you will either AA, whiff punish or randomly land a ball. So you don't have to waste meter in combos instead you can save it for breakers because mileena is unsafe and you will get punished for it at some point in the match. Once the opponent is conditioned to block or delay their wakeup because they know you can stuff wakeups then you can do your slow ass f343_f344 mixup which leads to huge damage or just continue with the f1 string mixups.

I may be getting ahead of myself right now and this will require further testing but i just wanted to share this in case anyone wants to explore this.
I'll definitely explore and lab up some options.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

I like the concept and the option of using F143 as its a string that's never really used. Will try some stuff out with it.