What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Yea when I fought Johnny San's Mileena when I was around 16 hours into the game, I realized quickly how amazing EX ball roll is, he destroyed me. Its like Sonya in MK9, man in offline casuals with a buddy of mines Sonya (Gamerblake) id do a JP into his block then begin to go into a starter only to get EX'd in the face not respecting her meter.

Now with Mileena in MKX, you haft to respect her meter because her EX ball roll is similar to MK9's Sonya's EX cartwheel now.

Last edited:

IAmSimba

Noob
I think the general consensus is that Piercing is pretty much the best and most versatile variation right now - it has some improved normal strings which really hold-up Mileena's otherwise pretty average poking and footsies game.

Ravenous has higher combo damage than Piercing on average and her two command throws allow you to choose which side of the opponent you want to be on at the end of every combo, however without the improved strings from Piercing it can be a little bit harder to get in on your opponent or punish whiffed attacks. Ravenous also has a pseudo-overhead in the form of a command grab that is un-blockable when crouching - a boon for Mileena because her overhead options without meter outside of jump ins are honestly garbage.

Etherial is honestly just not even worth considering right now. It's main draw comes from its unique "fade" specials which act as a teleport forward, backward or in place. Unfortunately the skill is beyond broken at the moment and not only can you be thrown during the "invulnerable" state it offers - but meter burning the skill literally does nothing besides waste a bar of meter. Outside of its broken teleport it also suffers the same problems opening up opponents that Ravenous does - but lacks the damage that both Piercing and Ravenous bring.

When coming into Mileena :^) from another character it pays to bare in mind that without meter her mix-up game is very weak but this is somewhat offset by the fact that meter-burning combos outside of the corner doesn't add TOO much damage so a lot of the time you can hold your meter for mix-ups or punishing with either Ex-Roll or Ex-TeleportKick.

Also DEM TEETH.
Thank you for the information
also, someone should make a txt file or something with all the BnBs and make sure to differentiate the specific combos for the variations

Rapid99

Resident Mileena Researcher
Thank you for the information
also, someone should make a txt file or something with all the BnBs and make sure to differentiate the specific combos for the variations
I was actually planning in doing something like this, sort of like an expanded version of my post on page 12 (if you'd like to see a little bit more of the basics with regards to Piercing have a quick look over it by the way) but maybe in its own thread so we all have a front page information dump that can be updated for us all to reference.

I am actually planning on doing a pretty loose "thoughts on Mileena" video going over a few of her strings, combos and options etc. to try and incite some more of the guys n' gals here to take a closer look at her.

If there's interest for an info dump with notable strings, bnb combos and meter options I may draft that up first and add the video later.

EDIT: Just on your comment of "differentiate the specific combos for the variations". Mileena's bnb combos are all identical, you just have different ending strings / specials depending on which variation you are in. I'll probably go over this in my expanded post / video - once you know how your combos start it's actually pretty easy to swap between each variation on the fly.

IAmSimba

Noob
I
I was actually planning in doing something like this, sort of like an expanded version of my post on page 12 (if you'd like to see a little bit more of the basics with regards to Piercing have a quick look over it by the way) but maybe in its own thread so we all have a front page information dump that can be updated for us all to reference.

I am actually planning on doing a pretty loose "thoughts on Mileena" video going over a few of her strings, combos and options etc. to try and incite some more of the guys n' gals here to take a closer look at her.

If there's interest for an info dump with notable strings, bnb combos and meter options I may draft that up first and add the video later.

EDIT: Just on your comment of "differentiate the specific combos for the variations". Mileena's bnb combos are all identical, you just have different ending strings / specials depending on which variation you are in. I'll probably go over this in my expanded post / video - once you know how your combos start it's actually pretty easy to swap between each variation on the fly.
I Would LOVE for a TXT file for all of this information / and videos will do wonders as well

Rapid99

I

I Would LOVE for a TXT file for all of this information / and videos will do wonders as well
Alright, I'll have a go at drafting up something later today / tomorrow. In the meantime have a quick squiz at my earlier Piercing post:
Ahoy fellow Mileena players.

Was practicing hard the past few days and thought I'd share a few of the combos I've managed to string together, there's bound to be some repeats but I'll just jot-down everything of note.

Also sorry for missing percentages, my net connection has been shoddy lately and I haven't had a chance to update and aren't sure if Mileena's damage has been changed in the day 1 patch.

After long consideration between Piercing and Ravenous I'm really liking the damage on Piercing. The only thing I miss about Ravenous is having reliable access to moderate damage mid-screen combos that don't switch sides thanks to High pounce.

I used to think that Ravenous offered better combo damage overall but found that any combo that utilizes the pattern of "opener - BR, b3, TK, AS - ender" Piercing just keeps edging Ravenous out in damage since the extra range on the Sai in the b12, 1+3 string allow it to connect when Ravenous's bite string misses.

This is likely to be a bit of a wall so here's a few notes on the openers and enders:

Openers
f23 - Mid both hits, not too slow and has decent reach
b12 - Piercing enhanced, decent range, mid both hits, comes out fast
b21 - Piercing enhanced, lower and less range than the above but hits mid-low for mix-up
f4 - Standard low starter with decent reach
f343 - Overhead starter, very slow but travels decent distance
f344 - Similar to above, but third hit is a low for mix-up if opponent doesn't poke you out of it
JIP - Standard jump in, hits overhead if timed right and my preferred overhead starter since f3 is so slow
NJP - Similar to JIP but bounces on hit so combos slightly differently - mostly used in the corner

Filler
BR, b3, TK, AS - standard combo filler, BR comes out quick after a connected opener, optimum damage
TK, AS, f23, BR - can only be used if opener bounces opponent, optimum damage
TK, AS, BR - similar to above, but omitted f23 in cases where it wouldn't connect

Enders
b12, 1+3, dd2 - Mount stab string, big damage, places Mileena a moderate distance from opponent, leaves opponent standing
NJP, b21, 2+4 - Gut stab string, deals less damage than mount stab but leaves opponent grounded but closer to Mileena
b21, 2+4 - Gut stab without the NJP, used when extra NJP wouldn't bounce opponent high enough for b21 to connect

I'll get a video up when I have the chance but for now here's a few of the combos I've been using.

I end most of these in the b12, 1+3, dd2 for the most damage but most combos can also end in NJP b21, 2+4 (omit the NJP if it doesn't bounce high enough for the b21 to connect). You lose a few percent worth of damage but you leave the opponent closer to you so it may be the more desirable option in some scenarios.

Neutral Start
f23, BR, b3, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2
b12, BR, b3, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2

Overhead Start
JIP, f23, BR, b3, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2
NJP, TK, AS, f23, BR, b12, 1+3, dd2
f343, TK, AS, f23, BR, b12, 1+3, dd2

Low Start
f4, BR, b3, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2
b21, BR, b3, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2

EX BR Punish
exBR, NJP, b12, 1+3, dd2

EX TK Punish
exTK, AS, f23, BR, b12, 1+3, dd2

Corner only
f23, BR, walk under opponent, NJP, b12, 1+3, dd2
f4, BR, walk under opponent, NJP, b12, 1+3, dd2
NJP, TK, AS, b12, 1+3, dd2
NJP, TK, AS, f23, BR, walk under opponent, u3 meter, b21, 2+4 (1 meter)
JIP, b3, TK, AS, f23, BR, walk under opponent, u3 meter, b12, 2+4 (1 meter)

The corner with Mileena is tricky. Since most combos incorporate BR and swap sides with your opponent the only way I've found to reliably keep the opponent in the corner is to either cut combos early and lose a little damage or to meter burn u3 after walking under the opponent to give an additional bounce.

Mixup opener options with EXBR (follow with punish combo above)
f4, exBR (low, overhead)
f344, exBR (overhead, mid, low, overhead)
b21, exBR (mid, low, overhead)
f12, b4, exBR (mid, mid, low, overhead)

I think that does it for now, apologies if I've made any notation mistakes along the way.

Hopefully this helps anyone giving Mileena and Piercing a go, I might add Ravenous combos sometime in the future since they are pretty similar but end with a bite/pounce but I'm away from my PS4 at the moment so that will have to wait.
It has a little bit of simple info on her strings and a few bnbs to try when you are finally able to play.

Rapid99

48% and 50% corners. All variations.

F343 tk, air sai, u3 mb, f23 roll, walk under, uppercut, uppercut.

50% if the roll is ex. You only get an extra 2 percent at the cost of anothet meter. U3 MB is awesome.
Awesome, would you be able to give me up-to-date numbers on how much this combo does if you swap the F343 for a JIP, B3?

JIP, B3, TK, AS, u3 Meter, f23 roll, walk under, uppercut, uppercut

I'm finding the JIP, B3 is my go-to overhead starter for practicality when my opponent is in the corner since F343 is so ungodly slow.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
If you have been following this thread at all none of this is going to be new, but I compiled together my BnB list into a video for easy use to pass around to newbies.

I like Premonitionist's 43% off the f343 however after a lot of testing its super fucky and unreliable at multiple parts and I don't feel comfortable putting that as the BnB answer when the 41% works everytime. That and f343 is balls anyway and will rarely if ever come up.

If you have been following this thread at all none of this is going to be new, but I compiled together my BnB list into a video for easy use to pass around to newbies.

I like Premonitionist's 43% off the f343 however after a lot of testing its super fucky and unreliable at multiple parts and I don't feel comfortable putting that as the BnB answer when the 41% works everytime. That and f343 is balls anyway and will rarely if ever come up.
Nice. Fix the inputs though. You have 2+4 as 3+4. Try buffering the ff of the run in the air for the 43%, then just press RT F23 roll when you hit the ground.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Nice. Fix the inputs though. You have 2+4 as 3+4. Try buffering the ff of the run in the air for the 43%, then just press RT F23 roll when you hit the ground.
Oh derp I did mess that up I will make an annotation about that. Also I do pre buffer the run and that isn't the issue(most) of the time, its that the b21 seems really screwy after it and the low hit usually misses. I wonder if its also got character specific properties because for example most any combo ending with b21 2+4 won't connect on goro.

Yeah, that ender is wonky for sure. I actually just stick with the 41% as well in the rare case i hit f343 mid screen.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Yeah also to clarify, I can get the 41% everytime on kunglao, with the 43% the second hit of b21 misses almost all the time for no discernible reason because I am not changing my timing at all. Obviously something is changing but I don't see the properties of just adding the 3 to f23 altering it so much.

nahoYi

Noob
I don't use F+1 much in my matches but I can imagine it breaks some slow armor moves, and the string F+1,2,B+4 is only -6 on block so unless your opponent has a far reaching 5 frame reversal or a far reaching 4 frame normal it's safe on block, and it's really easy to hit confirm so that's a nice plus. I haven't tried to put it in my game because I like F+2,3...2,1,U+4 and 1,2,3 on my opponents wake up.
I find the perfect place to do F+1 is after juggling with B+2,1,2+4. It is like the developers want you to use it there because if you F+1,2 then the opponent will be meatied no matter if they short or long wakeup. Couple that with ex roll being able to cancel after the second hit, then you have a good meaty with a true high or low mixup, considering you can B+4 low. Plus its safe if you go low and you can cancel that into roll, or even ex roll (overhead)! It's so dirty!

Edit: Backdash beats it free. But if they backdash once, you know what to do next time :)

Last edited:

Rapid99

I find the perfect place to do F+1 is after juggling with B+2,1,2+4. It is like the developers want you to use it there because if you F+1,2 then the opponent will be meatied no matter if they short or long wakeup. Couple that with ex roll being able to cancel after the second hit, then you have a good meaty with a true high or low mixup, considering you can B+4 low. Plus its safe if you go low and you can cancel that into roll, or even ex roll (overhead)! It's so dirty!
It is, it's a much better string than I thought it was at first, but I feel like that's a stigma that has carried over from the fact that Ravenous's and Etherial's f1 is kind of awkward and tends to go full-derp against some characters hitboxes.

Just another reason to choose Piercing for the string improvements alone.

A shame really, I hate to have cover her pretty face.

Etherial's tattoos are pretty hot tho...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

Just a heads up. You don't need to run cancel in the f343 41% mid screen combo. The f2~Roll will still land. Ravenous gets the same damage with a f23~chain throw ender. So full notation would be: f343~TeleKick~Air Sai, f2~Roll, f23~Chain Throw (41%).

Last edited:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
It is, it's a much better string than I thought it was at first, but I feel like that's a stigma that has carried over from the fact that Ravenous's and Etherial's f1 is kind of awkward and tends to go full-derp against some characters hitboxes.

Just another reason to choose Piercing for the string improvements alone.
It's driving me insane. Piercing has the better B1 and F1...but where are muh grabs?

Rapid99

It's driving me insane. Piercing has the better B1 and F1...but where are muh grabs?
I feel you my man, I miss Mileena's little chuckles and snide remarks after command grabs every time I play Piercing. Honestly it's like NRS balanced Mileena around her Piercing normals / strings and forgot to test their non-Piercing equivalents.

F1 and B12 are perfect examples of this.

F1 is straight up broken and fails to hit characters a lot of the time and B12 is a quite literal USELESS STRING in Etherial. No follow-up for combo ending, next to no range... It actually has no place in Etherial's kit and that boggles MAH MIND.

IAmSimba

Noob
Alright, I'll have a go at drafting up something later today / tomorrow. In the meantime have a quick squiz at my earlier Piercing post:

It has a little bit of simple info on her strings and a few bnbs to try when you are finally able to play.
Thank you soooo much
I really appreciate it. I just don't want to behind when the game finally releases on the respective console

Sasuga

Noob
Just a heads up. You don't need to run cancel in the f343 41% mid screen combo. The f2~Roll will still land. Ravenous gets the same damage with a f23~chain throw ender. So full notation would be: f343~TeleKick~Air Sai, f2~Roll, f23~Chain Throw (41%).
I just drop the F2 altogether for an easy 39% that I can pull off online. ^_^

JaeTea

Noob
Yes you have to do the input immediately and it will get punished if it's blocked. That's why you should not use the B3 as a starter, but use it in combo or as an anti-air
I STILL can't get this. Its driving me insane. Do I need to wait after the roll before hitting B3?

I see the commands coming out correctly but she never does the tk.

I STILL can't get this. Its driving me insane. Do I need to wait after the roll before hitting B3?

I see the commands coming out correctly but she never does the tk.
Yes after Mileena recovered from the roll you can do the input so you have some time, however the input B3, TK, sai have to be done pretty fast.

Something that helps me is to listen to the hits to know how fast to do the inputs

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Hah. So true.

Someone try this in the corner plz. no access to the game at.

F343 tk xx air sai, uppercut, roll, njp, ex u3, b21 2+4.

F12b4 ex tk, air sai, uppercut, roll, njp, ex u3, ender.

F12b4 ex tk, air sai, b34 air sai, f23 roll, walk under, njp, ex u3, b21 2+4.

Do any of those work?
I will try these when I get home if someone doesn't before.

Last edited: