What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

In my opinion (yeah I know you didn't ask me), Piercing is slightly better. It's nice to have the high or low pounce options, but the B12 (as a footsie tool) loses a little viability with ravenous. The damage trade off is negligible, but I personally like the range of normals with the sais.

Question about the properties of EX U3. I'm curious to see what I can do with that. First, does it have armor, second, how well does it work as AA? My thought is that EX U3, 123 roll, NJP, B21 2+4 would be a great cross over punish.

In my opinion (yeah I know you didn't ask me), Piercing is slightly better. It's nice to have the high or low pounce options, but the B12 (as a footsie tool) loses a little viability with ravenous. The damage trade off is negligible, but I personally like the range of normals with the sais.

Question about the properties of EX U3. I'm curious to see what I can do with that. First, does it have armor, second, how well does it work as AA? My thought is that EX U3, 123 roll, NJP, B21 2+4 would be a great cross over punish.
I agree, the extra range you get in piercing makes it easier to land combo's (especially online) and makes it easier to punish moves which causes knock back

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Piercing is the only variation I care to explore, but it's frustrating for me because it seems like the longer I play the worse I get.

Also, in matches I totally forget to explore her other options therefore I'm super-predictable = not meant to be a player, only spectator. :(

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Yes I did quote you cuz under the video you said that you should not be able to roll after the b1,2. And that's the part I disagree about cuz it's her only 'fast' string (10 frames startup) with good range and she will really need it to decently punish opponents.
Sorry that you didn't get my humor, what I said glorifies how awesome it is that you can roll off of b12.

I also have posted about how good b12 is after the thing you are quoting me on.

Piercing is the only variation I care to explore, but it's frustrating for me because it seems like the longer I play the worse I get.

Also, in matches I totally forget to explore her other options therefore I'm super-predictable = not meant to be a player, only spectator. :(
Hah. So true.

Someone try this in the corner plz. no access to the game at.

F343 tk xx air sai, uppercut, roll, njp, ex u3, b21 2+4.

F12b4 ex tk, air sai, uppercut, roll, njp, ex u3, ender.

F12b4 ex tk, air sai, b34 air sai, f23 roll, walk under, njp, ex u3, b21 2+4.

Do any of those work?

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
I trust your opinion

Is ravenous or piercing better in your opinion?
I believe piercing is a little better because of the longer range pokes and the ability to duck projectiles and throw them at the same time. Ravenous is still really fun though and gets more damage in most cases. I enjoy all her variations but I definitely believe that piercing has more advantages over the others at this point in time.

Rapid99

Resident Mileena Researcher
I believe piercing is a little better because of the longer range pokes and the ability to duck projectiles and throw them at the same time. Ravenous is still really fun though and gets more damage in most cases. I enjoy all her variations but I definitely believe that piercing has more advantages over the others at this point in time.
This is pretty much on point.

I reckon Ravenous's biggest boon right now is that it allows you to choose which side of the opponent to end your mid-screen combos without sacrificing optimum combo damage - something Piercing must do if you're looking to move your opponent towards the corner.

However even if Ravenous has a few percent of damage over Piercing in some combos - it doesn't fully make up for the fact that Piercing has better tools for making those combos happen and a cherry-on-top in the form of Low Sai.

Honestly, I'd probably still place Piercing slightly above Ravenous just based on the improved strings alone.

I'm still only now trying to get my head around uses for Piercing's f1, it doesn't suffer the annoying properties of the other variations version and I have had it snuff more than one armored attack on wake-up while messing with it - I think it has potential.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What's her best BNB off ex tele and ex roll in piercing ?

Ex roll nj2 b21 2+4?

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Nice vid, sick combos, and good choice of music.
Thanks Premo, its the last combo video I am making for Mileena so wanted to throw it all in their. I need to start leveling up online and actually getting good at the game.

You know, I tried that 43% no meter mid, I don't haft to tell you, you know I wanted it in that video. If I didn't pull it off last night within a set time I wasn't putting it in. I can land the 1 meter version without much trouble, not that I would attempt it In a game without a major life lead. Its strange that the no meter version does more damage, but it is harder to pull off so that is good it does more damage.

Last edited:

Rapid99

If you do b3 tk air sai instead of njp into quick run cancel b21 2+ 4 you get more, but its harder.
I might be a misnomer here but I find the hardest part of the extended ExRoll combo to get consistently is connecting the b3 after the Roll connects.

Depending on whether you've armored through an attack or tagged ExRoll during a mix-up the distance you end up from your opponent is really inconsistent.

I find it's really hard to judge if I'm going to need a run cancel or a few steps to get in range to land b3 in time for the rest of the combo to connect and it really throws me off during matches whenever I try it.

Premonitionist

I don't use F+1 much in my matches but I can imagine it breaks some slow armor moves, and the string F+1,2,B+4 is only -6 on block so unless your opponent has a far reaching 5 frame reversal or a far reaching 4 frame normal it's safe on block, and it's really easy to hit confirm so that's a nice plus. I haven't tried to put it in my game because I like F+2,3...2,1,U+4 and 1,2,3 on my opponents wake up. Also F+3 and F+3,4 are both 0/+1 on block just like 1,2,3 so you can throw them out sometimes for some mix-ups, wouldn't really rely on that though because as u know F+3 is rediculously slow.

Rapid99

I don't use F+1 much in my matches but I can imagine it breaks some slow armor moves, and the string F+1,2,B+4 is only -6 on block so unless your opponent has a far reaching 5 frame reversal or a far reaching 4 frame normal it's safe on block, and it's really easy to hit confirm so that's a nice plus. I haven't tried to put it in my game because I like F+2,3...2,1,U+4 and 1,2,3 on my opponents wake up. Also F+3 and F+3,4 are both 0/+1 on block just like 1,2,3 so you can throw them out sometimes for some mix-ups, wouldn't really rely on that though because as u know F+3 is rediculously slow.
Yeah for how slow f3 and f34 are it seems strange how safe they are on block - I suppose that's the payoff for managing to use f3 in a situation where you don't get poked out of it for free.

Your post is kind of driving home to me just how many not-so-terrible strings Mileena has - on wake-up or otherwise. I will admit that I tend to find myself falling back to the reliable f23, b12 and 21 strings (I find I'm simply just not close enough to my opponent for 123 most of the time - but that's probably a play-style / spacing issue more than anything) but if I notice my opponent likes a particular wake-up with armor I'm trying to get into the habit of contesting it with f1.

I think something like f12, b3, ExRoll has potential as a wake-up option - as slow as f1 is to start.

f1 can snuff slower armor, its follow-up string is safe-ish on block and if you cancel into ExRoll the string becomes an armor snuffer that ends in a low-overhead - not too shabby if you ask me.

P.S: Can anyone confirm that f1 causing Mileena to lower her body brings her hit-box underneath some characters standing jabs? I feel like I've ducked under some opponents quick punches with it before but I might just be going crazy after playing Mileena so much.

Premonitionist

What's her best BNB off ex tele and ex roll in piercing ?

Ex roll nj2 b21 2+4?
For EX tele I do - EX Tele,Air Sai,Run,F+2,3,Ball Roll,Walk Forward,B+2,1,2+4 - 34%

Edit: For some it might be easier to do that combo without the run by just walking forward and doing F+2,3.

For EX Ball Roll I do what you said cause I believe it's the most consistent, there are others that get a little more damage but also drop more because of the different hurtboxes and fall speeds. Such as EX Ball Roll, Jump kick,Tele-Kick,B+1,2,Ball Roll - 29%

Last edited:

Rapid99

For EX tele I do - EX Tele,Air Sai,Run,F+2,3,Ball Roll,Walk Forward,B+2,1,2+4 - 34%

For EX Ball Roll I do what you said cause I believe it's the most consistent, there are others that get a little more damage but also drop more because of the different hurtboxes and fall speeds. Such as EX Ball Roll, Jump kick,Tele-Kick,B+1,2,Ball Roll - 29%
Just to touch on this combo, when you say run are you referring to actually running?

I find after the Air Sai you just need to take a small step forward for the f2 to connect 90% of the time - it's easier on the fingers than trying to fit the run cancel into the combo and doesn't require stamina.

Premonitionist

Just to touch on this combo, when you say run are you referring to actually running?

I find after the Air Sai you just need to take a small step forward for the f2 to connect 90% of the time - it's easier on the fingers than trying to fit the run cancel into the combo and doesn't require stamina.
Yea for some it might be easier to walk forward and just do F+2,3 but for me it's easier to run and do it because I'm so use to it, also if you already have the energy/stamina and you do that combo with the run it actually replenishes by the end of the combo so you don't waste any :)

IAmSimba

Noob
Heyya, I am part of the D'vorah Forum and i would love to pick up Mileena.
What are her strengths for each variation
I don't own the game and I dont wanna be too behind on it

Rapid99

Heyya, I am part of the D'vorah Forum and i would love to pick up Mileena.
What are her strengths for each variation
I don't own the game and I dont wanna be too behind on it
I think the general consensus is that Piercing is pretty much the best and most versatile variation right now - it has some improved normal strings which really hold-up Mileena's otherwise pretty average poking and footsies game.

Ravenous has higher combo damage than Piercing on average and her two command throws allow you to choose which side of the opponent you want to be on at the end of every combo, however without the improved strings from Piercing it can be a little bit harder to get in on your opponent or punish whiffed attacks. Ravenous also has a pseudo-overhead in the form of a command grab that is un-blockable when crouching - a boon for Mileena because her overhead options without meter outside of jump ins are honestly garbage.

Etherial is honestly just not even worth considering right now. It's main draw comes from its unique "fade" specials which act as a teleport forward, backward or in place. Unfortunately the skill is beyond broken at the moment and not only can you be thrown during the "invulnerable" state it offers - but meter burning the skill literally does nothing besides waste a bar of meter. Outside of its broken teleport it also suffers the same problems opening up opponents that Ravenous does - but lacks the damage that both Piercing and Ravenous bring.

When coming into Mileena :^) from another character it pays to bare in mind that without meter her mix-up game is very weak but this is somewhat offset by the fact that meter-burning combos outside of the corner doesn't add TOO much damage so a lot of the time you can hold your meter for mix-ups or punishing with either Ex-Roll or Ex-TeleportKick.

Also DEM TEETH.

Last edited: