What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
My lord this console gen is dividing the entire TYM site, poeple lets all just agree to disagree. If you like XB1 and have no issues with the restrictions by all mean buy one, or well rent one;) If you want your ownership and used stuff buy a PS4, in the end we will all see each other on the battlefield at a tournament for MK 10 and IGAUI 2 some day down the road. Fo rthat I say I'm done with the pissing war that is the console wars I am getting PS4 because I like it thus afr and that is that.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
Because the botnet needs to know what games your playing so they can play suitable ads for you.
Honestly im not even gonna bother anymore if you actually believe the xbox one is better thus far then youre either ignorant or a fanboy

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Change is inevitable. Downloadable games are the future, and so is the DRM that comes with it. The only restirction on the X1 is internet, and what do you know, my Xbox is conected 24/7.
Change is inevitable if you drop trough and take an MS prison shower. Unless you're a Halo fan boy there's absolutely NO reason to buy an XBone over a PS4.

Xbox has 8 Gigs of DDR3 powering 3 OSs which take up 3 gigs, leaving only 5gigs for the developers to work with. PS4 is 8 gigs of DDR5 RAM with only 1 gig allocated to a sole OS. $100 cheaper for console, $40 cheaper for the paywall, plus a hundred more advantages, why would anyone in their right mind choose XCrud?

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Who the hell doesn't use the internet every day these days anyway?

Everybody is overreacting.
I know right? Fuck those people that live in rural areas, they should move. Fuck those people in densely populated areas whose bandwith gets sucked dry by everyone around them. Hell, fuck those on military bases that limit what ISPs can provide internet on base. Amirite?

Not everyone has the pleasure of living in middle-class suburbia with a steady connection.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
A year ago, I was swapping ISPs. I had a major problem and they somehow managed to fuck up my broadband line or ... something. I'm no tech geek.

Point is, I was out of internet for a month.

Now, If this happened in 1 year, and I had a PS4, I'd be happy and playing skyrim, I'd be annoyed that I couldn't do a lot of things, but at least I had skyrim.

With Xbox 1... I have a glorified brick.
I get you, but that is life. Even with your PS4 you can have a freak power outage and loose all ways to game period. Why isn't that a factor in your console buying habits? Fact is you/I have probably been without Internet for only a miniscual fraction of the time we've had it, but the difference between us is I'm not letting the outlying circumstances dictate my buying habits. For the record, I'm not saying you are wrong at all, but that doesn't make me an idiot either (even though I invited it in this thread).

Disk games WILL go away...soon. Then what will be the excuse when internet is a must for gaming? Gaming is luxury through and through. I know that, you probably know that; being able to game isn't a right, it is a privilege.

Can't the console just connect to any mobile data phone for 0.06 seconds to get the online check in?

Now don't come and tell me you know somebody who has no internet and no cell phone.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I get you, but that life. Even with your PS4 you can have a freak power outage and loose all ways to game period. Why isn't that a factor in your console buying habits? Fact is you/I have probably been without Internet for only a miniscual fraction of the time we've had it, but the difference between us is I'm not letting the outlying circumstances dictate my buying habits. For the record, I'm not saying you are wrong at all, but that doesn't make me an idiot either (even though I invited it in this thread).

Disk games WILL go away...soon. Then what will be the excuse when internet is a must for gaming? Gaming is luxury through and through. I know that, you probably know that; being able to game isn't a right, it is a privilege.

Its not a factor in my decision because PS4s and xbone are equally vulnerable to power outages.

If xbox was immune to power outages, I'd consider it a plus. But its not. And PS4 is immune from shutting down during internet outages.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Like he said above, change isn't a bad thing. Most people are flocking to Sony because it's 100 bucks less. You get what you pay for.
You do realize this is also in turn why "most people" flocked to the 360 over the PS3 at the start of the current generation right? lol

Reedoms

Noob
Hopefully by that time they'll have an offline feature and won't force you to pay for the internet you're already paying for. Oh wait, Steam already does that.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Seriously? Just because it hasn't happened yet makes it better? Everyone makes mistakes and the times that Xbox-live was down at least 2 of them were for a month. That's a whole month where you can't do shit but watch TV on your Xbox because that's all else it can do. Besides, the guys who made Diablo 3 run the servers on WoW and have for almost 10 years now. They are in the same league as Microsoft is in what you're trying to imply.
Bullcrap. Blizzard is not MS, and XBL can't be compared to Diablo. Blizzard has come out and said they dedicated "juet enough" servers when the game was released, and Diablo 3 buckled under 300k people at once. XBL has 20+ times that many people playing COD at the start of its launches, and they are beefing up the server side of thing for the launch of the X1. XBL will be fine.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm not saying you are wrong at all, but that doesn't make me an idiot either (even though I invited it in this thread).

You di kinda tell everyone to call you an idiot :), Hey if your happy with where you stand the nex gen coming, so be it. Honestly its tooo early to say MS is screwed, yeah I have been riding the hate wagon lately and thats because this time around I was seriously considering the MS side of the house since I started going copetetive in the FG world and since X-Box was the accepted medium I felt time to drink the Kool-Aid, I just can't though, even though I am always online with PSN as it is, I just don't like the idea of feeling like I don't own anything and feelng like I am being tethered and the whole NSA PRISM stuff creeps me out with a kinect. If the XB1 is right for you then more power to ya.

Saffa

Noob
Can't the console just connect to any mobile data phone for 0.06 seconds to get the online check in?

Now don't come and tell me you know somebody who has no internet and no cell phone.
I like to take my console on holiday during Christmas time. We have a beach house on the coast in the middle of nowhere. No phone lines. No electricity. No cell reception. I like playing at night (using a diesel generator).

Hard choice for me...

I like to take my console on holiday during Christmas time. We have a beach house on the coast in the middle of nowhere. No phone lines. No electricity. No cell reception. I like playing at night (using a diesel generator).

Hard choice for me...

Good point.

You are not the target audience of Microsoft.