What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The sad thing here is we have been to get one person to put aside their bias and its just not going to happen. Its like trying to explain science to a creationist, they will remain ignorant of facts and the take what facts exist and contort and alter things to fit their view of the subject.

When talk IGN, they promote the biggest payer of the bunch, their reviews on products are completely swayed by the pubs paying them to make it sound good. I know we rag on how they give CoD a 9 every time, but in reality now this may trip some folks out, but there is a large number of people who love CoD. The XB1 is gonna get sells, I don't see it beating the PS4, because of the policies. The fact is the system is either for some and not for some, for those it is for so be it, for those its not there is PS4. Sony knew what they were doing with making a traditional console, they realized many were not going to be ready to change so they catered to those.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I want to be in love with the XB1.. I really do.. But they just keep sticking their damn foot in their mouth at every turn.. Which is why I am waiting at least a year to go next gen..
As a Microsoft fan.. Let me ask you about 2 concerns..

1) The connect online once per 24 hours or else your console can only be used for 24 hours policy... I understand the reasoning behind it.. But it is just a hard pill for me to swallow.. I keep swaying back and forth in my head over it.. My logic brings me to the conclusion...Anything that has the likelihood to knock Internet out will MORE THAN LIKELY take power with it...then my mind plays devils advocate with itself and says.. yeah but WHAT IF internet only would go down.. you cant game...part of me just wishes that this only pertains to the digital games, and disc games can still be played if Internet connection was lost.. I think this would ease over much of the tension...

2) Xbox 360 RRD (overheating issues).. A constantly on box(XB1) coming from a company whose previous system was an overheating nightmare just makes me VERRRRRRY nervous..

Your thoughts on these 2?
For 1) if the phone connection thing works for the 24 hour check thing like Major Nelson said that would be fine in that situation...
For 2) IDK that's what worries me also...I still have my first working ps1,ps2 and ps3...I had 2 og xboxes and 4 360s...

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
For 1) if the phone connection thing works for the 24 hour check thing like Major Nelson said that would be fine in that situation...
For 2) IDK that's what worries me also...I still have my first working ps1,ps2 and ps3...I had 2 og xboxes and 4 360s...

Sent under duress.
1) valid point and underutilized point to this discussion..

2) I went through 2 PS1, 3 PS2, never owned a PS3, 1 Xbox and 3 Xbox360's.. So my main gripe was getting away from Sony since their shit was breaking on me non stop- while not ONE glaring issue (like overheating) it was multiple small elements all adding up with my Sony products that turned me off..Disc tray would wear.. Disc reading lens issues, etc..

TheSpore

While I'm at it JaredL, please stop trying to make arguments when no one here is really arguing, most of us have just been discussing about the XB1 and what we thus far understand about it. There is no argument, outside of the reasoning you have been doing. For once put away your haterade and try to discuss logically and understand where we are coming from, considering none of us have been openly insulting you nor have we been insulting one another. You thus far have been brazenly brash with your opinions, if you want to make a point about research you have found, properly back it up, calling people names an using obscenities does nothing but destroy any credibility you have and once you lose that you may never be able to regain it.

They aren't different though. They are direct competitors in the next generation of gaming, they have many similar multi platform games and studios each working for them. To say that they are that different, is not right.
With that logic, you could say the expression 'apples vs. oranges' doesn't make any sense, since they have the same consumers, retailers, costs, and they're both fruits, therefore making them similar enough to be a valid comparison. But that's not the case, at least not with the analogy. There's no clear set line of how different two things need to be at which point they can no longer be compared--you just have to use your best judgment. All I know is your judgment has always been how different and alienating the X1 is regarding policies, so don't contradict yourself.

There may be flaws at the present (in my opinion, negligible inconveniences since I'm in the US, hate used games, don't trade, always online, etc.) but the flaws against the consumer aren't there just so they can be Microsoft dicks. They do have logical justifications, and I am happy to accept the unbearably harsh consequences* if it undoubtedly means a better game industry in the future.

*underlined for sarcasm purposes

Oh, and the rest of your arguments have been refuted countless times throughout this thread, you just need to do some digging at this point.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
While I'm at it JaredL, please stop trying to make arguments when no one here is really arguing, most of us have just been discussing about the XB1 and what we thus far understand about it. There is no argument, outside of the reasoning you have been doing. For once put away your haterade and try to discuss logically and understand where we are coming from, considering none of us have been openly insulting you nor have we been insulting one another. You thus far have been brazenly brash with your opinions, if you want to make a point about research you have found, properly back it up, calling people names an using obscenities does nothing but destroy any credibility you have and once you lose that you may never be able to regain it.
100% accurate sir... Awaiting JaredL pompous remark in 3,2,1...

Saint Op Omen

1) valid point and underutilized point to this discussion..

2) I went through 2 PS1, 3 PS2, never owned a PS3, 1 Xbox and 3 Xbox360's.. So my main gripe was getting away from Sony since their shit was breaking on me non stop- while not ONE glaring issue (like overheating) it was multiple small elements all adding up with my Sony products that turned me off..Disc tray would wear.. Disc reading lens issues, etc..
Come to think of it I did fix my ps1 a few times with disc read stuff...but if I can do it myself I don't count it...
Really the thing breaking isn't the issue...its how hard it will be to recover stuff...I always get the little service plan thing and while I understand some people have had issues with that...I never have ..I just brought the 360 in got a refund for what I paid and often times left with a new 360 plus a game due to price drops...
I am more concerned about being able to get my content back on the replacement...it seems like that may be more of an issue this time around...

Sent under duress.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
With that logic, you could say the expression 'apples vs. oranges' doesn't make any sense, since they have the same consumers, retailers, costs, and they're both fruits, therefore making them similar enough to be a valid comparison. But that's not the case, at least not with the analogy. There's no clear set line of how different two things need to be at which point they can no longer be compared--you just have to use your best judgment. All I know is your judgment has always been how different and alienating the X1 is regarding policies, so don't contradict yourself.

There may be flaws at the present (in my opinion, negligible inconveniences since I'm in the US, hate used games, don't trade, always online, etc.) but the flaws against the consumer aren't there just so they can be Microsoft dicks. They do have logical justifications, and I am happy to accept the unbearably harsh consequences* if it undoubtedly means a better game industry in the future.

*underlined for sarcasm purposes

Oh, and the rest of your arguments have been refuted countless times throughout this thread, you just need to do some digging at this point.

Dude... you are seriously telling me that the xbox one and PS4 do not want the same gaming audience? The fact that they sell 90% of the same games on their system doesn't tell you that?

And I understand that you accept the harsh consequences of the DRM, what I also find strange is how you find it weird that many people can come to the conclusion that they don't want to deal with those consequences.

JaredL

All the articles I've linked, all the facts about specs and all the facts about game licensing don't count.

Well ok.

Sorry for hurting your feelings though. I'll call the wambulance .

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Come to think of it I did fix my ps1 a few times with disc read stuff...but if I can do it myself I don't count it...
Really the thing breaking isn't the issue...its how hard it will be to recover stuff...I always get the little service plan thing and while I understand some people have had issues with that...I never have ..I just brought the 360 in got a refund for what I paid and often times left with a new 360 plus a game due to price drops...
I am more concerned about being able to get my content back on the replacement...it seems like that may be more of an issue this time around...

Sent under duress.
Understood..
NOT however if Microsoft is going where I think they are going.. It not being tied into your system.. But your Gamer Tag.. Only done 1/2 correct in the 360 gen... Gamer Tag retains achievements.. Not save files..

Edit: ultimately making the Gamer Tag the digital/ traveling memory card :)

TheSpore

All the articles I've linked, all the facts about specs and all the facts about game licensing don't count.

Well ok.

Sorry for hurting your feelings though. I'll call the wambulance .
Trust me you haven't hurt my feelings at all, it takes much more than the insults of a online warrior to anger me, I am simply trying to help you understand how to be a better contributor of the conversation, you insult people that do not instantly agree with you and when they do prove your claim as false you get defensive about, be the better man and admit defeat if your point is disproven, or retort with better research on why you are correct, you cannot simply clam to be right, because you claim you are right. Man if I acted the way you do when I was an analyst, I would possibly have sent people to the their deaths with bad data that didn't reveal what they would be faced with.

JaredL

Trust me you haven't hurt my feelings at all, it takes much more than the insults of a online warrior to anger me, I am simply trying to help you understand how to be a better contributor of the conversation, you insult people that do not instantly agree with you and when they do prove your claim as false you get defensive about, be the better man and admit defeat if your point is disproven, or retort with better research on why you are correct, you cannot simply clam to be right, because you claim you are right. Man if I acted the way you do when I was an analyst, I would possibly have sent people to the their deaths with bad data that didn't reveal what they would be faced with.

Prove my claim as false... yeah that hasn't happened.

Listen, I understand that some people like getting assfucked, its their right to, but for anyone to claim that polls don't matter, pre orders don't matter, specs don't matter, prices don't matter, always online doesn't matter and DRM doesn't matter is deluded, and wrong and deserves to be called out.

Saint Op Omen

Understood..
NOT however if Microsoft is going where I think they are going.. It not being tied into your system.. But your Gamer Tag.. Only done 1/2 correct in the 360 gen... Gamer Tag retains achievements.. Not save files..

Edit: ultimately making the Gamer Tag the digital/ traveling memory card :)
That is what I think they are trying for...both of them accually...but some of it is still not solid...also with the famliy sharing not rolling out until later...I think giving them a year or so is smart...
But I Haaaave to play Witcher 3 and some others so ps4 launch again...lol

Sent under duress.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox One

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Hey where is my free reading CLeo WTF

This is an automated message to all my fans:

MISS CLEO HERE!!! SORRY I MISSED YOUR CALL!!! IF YOU ARE CALLING ABOUT NEXT GEN SYSTEM READING -HERE IT BE:
PS4 HAS ALREADY WON THE CONSOLE WAR.. XB1 WILL SELL 10 UNITS AND FORCE MICROSOFT CORPORATION TO DISBAND...SEE YOU ALL IN 6-10 WHEN I GET OUT!!!!

(Note: if you didn't use the accent you didn't do it right)
;)

TheSpore

Prove my claim as false... yeah that hasn't happened.

(Listen, I understand that some people like getting assfucked,) "This is your opinion, but not everyone shares it." its their right to, but for anyone to claim that polls don't matter, pre orders don't matter, specs don't matter, prices don't matter, always online doesn't matter and DRM doesn't matter is deluded, and wrong and deserves to be called out.
This statement isn't fully wrong, but we discussed it before and it has been agreed by the majority, it is too early to tell if these things truly matter.
You see you are doing it still after it being pointed out to you, I'm including things of your post that would make you a better contributor.
As I see you instantly have to come to a defense measure, no one is calling you wrong, we have simply discussed how and why these things have revelance or why they do not. NO ONE IS TRULLY BASHING YOU, THAT IS YOU DOING IT .

JaredL

You see you are doing it still after it being pointed out to you, I'm including things of your post that would make you a better contributor.
As I see you instantly have to come to a defense measure, no one is calling you wrong, we have simply discussed how and why these things have revelance or why they do not. NO ONE IS TRULLY BASHING YOU, THAT IS YOU DOING IT .

Doing damage control and telling me that DRM is good, and that always online is great is not doing what you described.

TheSpore

Doing damage control and telling me that DRM is good, and that always online is great is not doing what you described.
NO ne h has claimed DRM is good, I don't think a single gamer will ever agree with that point. We simply have discussed as to why this restrictions is being used so abrasively.

JaredL

NO ne h has claimed DRM is good, I don't think a single gamer will ever agree with that point. We simply have discussed as to why this restrictions is being used so abrasively.

Try reading the thread dude.

People who had issues with them were mocked, people said that it was an advantage...

TheSpore

People who had issues with them were mocked, people said that it was an advantage...
Some have been mocked, but even so that is why you retort using intelligent and meaningful responses, fighting fir with fire just puts you the same level as them, you ant to show them how ignorant they are, by using their tactics does nothing, but make you look as ignorant as them.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

People pointed out the advantages of what IT COULD bring to the table.. Ten wanted to discuss its pros and cons... No one said.. DRM > SONY lalalalallala.... It was all in debates..

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
MS is making the Xbox one pointless at this point I mean just go buy a PC you will have all the same policies but a lot better. If you want an actual console buy PS4 and if you want mario and all that stuff buy Wii U.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Sent under duress.
So now I need a Gaming Continuity Plan to use the X1? I have to have Internet and if that fails, a smartphone to tether to.

No Internet = Brick = no thanks