What's new

Michiana Mashfest now ft Injustice! April 26th 2014

Stream Monster Productions in association with NetBattles is proud to present the inaugural Michiana Mashfest

When: April 26th, 11 AM

Where: MegaPlay, Mishawaka, IN

2500 Miracle Ln, Mishawaka, IN 46545

Recently it has come to light that the organizer of the convention where we were going to hold the tournaments has stolen the funds for the con and canceled everything. Thanks to MegaPlay, there is still hope! They have agreed to let us use their awesome venue.

Since they have been gracious enough to allow us to use their space, we will abide by their rules. I know things can get hype, but keeping the foul language to a minimum would be appreciated. Also, NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED. There will be concessions at the venue.

Venue fee: $10

A huge thanks goes out to Nolber Torres and Net Battles as we have partnered with him for this event, and he will be providing us with numerous set ups and his tournament directing expertise.

Stream will be provided by Stream Monster Productions.

twitch.tv/smp_gaming

Tournaments and Rules:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the tournament director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sold discretion of the tournament director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

All games will be played on Xbox 360 (not sure about Injustice, will consult with Nolber. Expect it to be on what it's normally on). Wireless controllers will not be allowed because of the complications they cause.

Payout for each game will be to top 10%, minimum top 3, with 100% of the entry fees going to the pot. Additional prizes may be added down the road, and this page will be updated accordingly.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition v2012
$15 Entry fee
All matches 2/3, double elimination, finals 3/5
Loser can change character, winner is locked
All stages are allowed but must be agreed upon by participants.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
$15 Entry fee
All matches 3/5, double elimination
Loser can change characters, assists and order, winner is locked
All stages are allowed but must be agreed upon by participants.

Injustice: Gods Among Us
$15 Entry fee
All matches 2/3, double eliminations, finals 3/5
Lose can change character, winner is locked
Stage selection rules are TBD as I'm not too familiar with them...

Start times for tournaments are TBD

Special UMvC3 Exhibition Matches!

These matches will take place after the tournaments have completed. A big thanks goes out to these 8 players for agreeing to provide us with some hype!

TFA|RZR OmgitzAndre vs CORN|Footwurk
CORN|JDM vs G4C|FrankieG
NB|Double A vs FW|Dunky
Johnny Bananas vs CORN|Cee Dizzy

More things may be added in the future so stay tuned! Feel free to post any questions/concerns in the comments!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I saw that they added Injustice to the line-up, earlier this week. I'm planning on going to this.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

i live less than 20min from here. lemme know when u plan to come, ill gather up some other people for casuals at my house.

on another note. FUCK YEAH. I WILL FUCKING BE HERE!!!!!!!!!
You've probably been aching for a tournament these days, haven't ya? lol

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
You've probably been aching for a tournament these days, haven't ya? lol
dude ive leveled up so much since godlike saturdays. i been itchin to get back out there, but with family and work and recreation its hard to get out of this small town. this tournament is godsend. idgaf if theres only 8 entrants. im gaming ALL night in some casuals.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
i live less than 20min from here. lemme know when u plan to come, ill gather up some other people for casuals at my house.

on another note. FUCK YEAH. I WILL FUCKING BE HERE!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy for you man, you deserve a local event like this.
Have fun, even though you've been grinding out the Zatanna to the max. Hope you got some Dick left in you.

EMPEROR PRYCE

I'm happy for you man, you deserve a local event like this.
Have fun, even though you've been grinding out the Zatanna to the max. Hope you got some Dick left in you.
dont worry, DICK AND ZATANNA are taking this tournament TOGETHER. hope everyone knows their match ups ;)

9_Lives

Noob
It is an 8 hour drive, but I would like to go. I will see what I have going on then. I am very interested in meeting players and improving my skills/mu knowledge.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
@prycemonsta CORN planed on going. I wanted to go when I saw the poster a few months ago after youmacon lol. you'll see us most likely

Nova_XP

Noob
Why not.

That whole "Try to keep the foul language to a minumum" shit is not gonna fly though.
I emphasize "try." I'm not expecting much lol. We need to at least put it out there though out of respect to the venue owner who has been very very generous when it comes to our events.

I also want to thank @Perfect Legend for posting this. Injustice was added later for various reasons and I'm glad there seems to be good interest.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Also, per the information for the Facebook event, 11 am is registration and Noon is the Injustice tournament.

EMPEROR PRYCE

YES! Cant wait. Still figuring out if casuals afterwards will be possible at my house. once i find out ill let you guys know!!! im a broke bum so hopefully ill get the money to enter and make it there. if not ill still make it there to play casuals. ill be soooo shitty if i cant enter tho :(