What's new

MF Slayer Wins Injustice at WNF 1.6!

F4tal

Noob
HypeSkype's arrogance and trash talking of other scenes and players makes people think that the West Coast players are all like that when it's only HypeSkype who trashes everyone but themselves.

F4tal

Noob
Chris G has the most majors won in Injustice and people call him trash. That's such an idiotic statement to make. And don't even try to use the whole pre patch optic select because he won 2 majors with Green Arrow and made top 8 with him at EVO, Summer Jam, VxG, Youmacon, and made top 8 at Civil War using a variety of characters. He made top 8 at Youmacon win he was apparently washed up out placing M2dave who is one of the best players in the community despite his short coming of a top 8. Quit downplaying and saying Chris G sucks.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
At KIT i said Chris G was no longer a top player because he had a string of bad performances and at many tournaments he was not even using his main anymore (Green Arrow). Of course Chris G at any time can decide to beat anyone in the world and he showed that this week beating some really good players. Give him a couple weeks and if he starts to care about injustice again I see Top 8s and maybe even more major wins in his future.

Also @F4tal you only hate hype skype cause of Ducky and Chef because they talk about the midwest.

F4tal

Noob
At KIT i said Chris G was no longer a top player because he had a string of bad performances and at many tournaments he was not even using his main anymore (Green Arrow). Of course Chris G at any time can decide to beat anyone in the world and he showed that this week beating some really good players. Give him a couple weeks and if he starts to care about injustice again I see Top 8s and maybe even more major wins in his future.

Also @F4tal you only hate hype skype cause of Ducky and Chef because they talk about the midwest.
Actually that's not entirely true. I don't like them because they act like I'm irrelevant and free even though I go even with their "Lobo of the world" online; not that that matters. I don't carry myself like a top player because I haven't done anything and haven't traveled I just try to get better. I dislike how they discredit people's accomplishments.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I have made top 8 at one of our monthly locals actually but I don't carry myself like a top player and elitest like you do. No wonder why people hate you.
Chef is the most loved person in SoCal. This lad shakes hands and kisses babies wherever he goes.

F4tal

Noob

I never even had a problem with Ducky till he banned me Tom WNF stream over and over. I even asked to get games in online to get better in the Raven/Hawkgirl matchup and the one time I played him he says I'm free. I just don't see why they shit talk and put players who are trying to get better down.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont think thats quite how it works..
It is when the tournament is stacked, local or not.

Or is WNF not stacked anymore?

Edit: I think WNF has some of the highest level of play in the country, which is why scoffing at 5th place is laughable IMO

Last edited:
Chris G has the most majors won in Injustice and people call him trash. That's such an idiotic statement to make. And don't even try to use the whole pre patch optic select because he won 2 majors with Green Arrow and made top 8 with him at EVO, Summer Jam, VxG, Youmacon, and made top 8 at Civil War using a variety of characters. He made top 8 at Youmacon win he was apparently washed up out placing M2dave who is one of the best players in the community despite his short coming of a top 8. Quit downplaying and saying Chris G sucks.

Well, there's a difference between "sucking" or being "trash" and "not being a top player".

Let's *stand* on ceremony here: ChrisG's fundamentals are insane and I would go so far as to call him a fighting game genius...but raw talent and fundamentals can only get you so far in a game where matchup knowledge is so important.
I got super hype for ChrisG's Green Arrow back in the day and he's at least half the reason I main the character...but he always had a prepatch pocket Black Adam he'd revert too in a second if the going got tough. Additionally, we shouldn't overlook the fact that he was a tester for the game meaning that he had a headstart along with a lot of other players in the games early life.
I'm not trying to tarnish his victories, but I'm just saying that his days of top 8 at major events might be over at this point unless he's actually willing to put some time into really learning the game.

Zoidberg747

Well, there's a difference between "sucking" or being "trash" and "not being a top player".

Let's *stand* on ceremony here: ChrisG's fundamentals are insane and I would go so far as to call him a fighting game genius...but raw talent and fundamentals can only get you so far in a game where matchup knowledge is so important.
I got super hype for ChrisG's Green Arrow back in the day and he's at least half the reason I main the character...but he always had a prepatch pocket Black Adam he'd revert too in a second if the going got tough. Additionally, we shouldn't overlook the fact that he was a tester for the game meaning that he had a headstart along with a lot of other players in the games early life.
I'm not trying to tarnish his victories, but I'm just saying that his days of top 8 at major events might be over at this point unless he's actually willing to put some time into really learning the game.
That's what they said in MK9.....

That's what they said in MK9.....
Well as I've said, I never really followed MK9 so I'm not too familiar with his career progression, so forgive my ignorance. My super rough impression was: he did really well in the games early life with reptile and then started to fall off, left the scene at some point, came back with a top tier character and got blown up, went back to reptile and would occasionally pop up every once in a while. Last thing I remember was he beat PL at some event.

Zoidberg747

Well as I've said, I never really followed MK9 so I'm not too familiar with his career progression, so forgive my ignorance. My super rough impression was: he did really well in the games early life with reptile and then started to fall off, left the scene at some point, came back with a top tier character and got blown up, went back to reptile and would occasionally pop up every once in a while. Last thing I remember was he beat PL at some event.
He always ends up making waves when people least suspect it.

You could be right about him never getting top 8 again, but I doubt it.