What's new

MF Slayer Wins Injustice at WNF 1.6!

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The first week that Chris G spent in SoCal he left a large dent, but our usual suspects ended up taking the top 3. Some of the matches were recorded this week, and if they get posted I'll add them below!

Interesting Notes for This Week:

• Chris G left a dent his first week in SoCal, beating Sonicboom Brad, Nubcakes, and taking a game off of Slayer before losing to him and then Theo in losers.
  • Chris G not making top 3 lost a couple of Tekken players some money.
  • Tyrant played more than just Grundy this week
Chris G's first week in SoCal was an interesting one. He mentioned that he would like to play the game again, and is planning on potentially picking up Zod or Batgirl. Chris G also impressed SoCal by not only losing a close 2-1 to Slayer, but taking out the West Coast's own Nubcakes and Sonicboom Brad. All his past performances aside, it will be interesting to see how he does in the upcoming months here in SoCal.

Surprising Results:
After losing his first game to Tyrant in with Doomsday, Sonicboom Brad switched to Hawkgirl, and beat Tyrant's Grundy. This caused Tyrant to actually switch from Grundy to John Stewart, which led to a close game that Tyrant took. After defeating Chef, Tyrant was put against Theo, and his creative use of tick throws against Aquaman's trait allowed him to take out Theo and make it to winners finals.

Meanwhile, the other side of the bracket saw the weekly match between FRQ Steve (that's me), and Nubcakes. This time Steve abandoned his lover Nightwing and took out Nubcakes with Martian Man Hunter. After defeating Nubcakes, Steve's Martian lost some close games to Slayer's Superman, which set up him vs Tyrant in winners finals.

In losers, Chris G ran a gauntlet, taking our both Brad and Nubcakes back to back before losing to Theo's Aquaman. He ended the night with an impressive 5th place finish.

In losers, fresh off of his loss to Tyrant, Theo and Steve played for the 20th week in a row to see who would make top 3. As usual, Steve Ross ended the night in 4th place, giving Theo a chance to come back from losers and win another WNF.

Top 3:
Top 3 was recorded, so if it gets uploaded I will update it into the OP.

Winners finals was Slayer vs Tyrant. Tyrant played well, but Slayer was unstoppable, and sent Tyrant back to losers finals for a runback with Theo. Theo hoped to make it post his undead opponent, but Tyrant's creative resets to negate Aquaman's trait proved too much for Theo, and ended his night with a strong 3rd place finish.

Grand finals was a repeat of winners finals, except Tyrant once against busted out his John Stewart, but his patient GL play wasn't enough to best Slayer's Superman, and Slayer took another WNF.

Results:

1. @MF SLAYER (Superman)
2. @RDK|Tyrant (Solomon Grundy/Green Lantern)
3. @EMPEROR_THEO (Aquaman)
4. FRQ Steve/ @Sajam (Nightwing/Martian Man Hunter)
5. Chris G (Green Arrow)
5. @Krayzie (Martian Man Hunter)
7. Nubcakes (Batman)
7. @EGP Wonder_Chef (Superman/Raven/Aquaman)

Challonge:

http://levelup.challonge.com/wnfae_1_6_inj

Last edited by a moderator:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well for most of us there's this middle ground between meaning nothing where locals are respected and nice and then the mentality that WNF is a major and the pinnacle of fighting game play.
For you it's more like a middle ground where "locals only matter when it's convenient for the great 16 bit" and if they aren't they are completely irrelevant.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For you it's more like a middle ground where "locals only matter when it's convenient for the great 16 bit" and if they aren't they are completely irrelevant.

No, I've actually supported WNF and it's players and pumped them up for years now and had them on my show to hype up them traveling to majors. I know you recently lost your mind and went completely insane so I understand that's lost to you.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Ive always supported the scene in general and am pretty unbiased and it seems that from what we can read( im sure theres alot not seen) @GGA 16 Bit seems to be the only one following a logical path and not contradicting himself just my quick 2 cents, but by far tyrant is my favorite go grundy :)