What's new

MB Throw discussion

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Either they could in that build.

Or maybe they just weren't paying close enough attention and thought they were still in a combo because of the quick animation, and never bothered to hit the block button.
The latter makes sense. Brady was 100% clear in post #3 that you just get a standing reset, no combo. I'd be inclined to take his word over Max

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Is it true what i hard about throw break being like MK9

Thats a bad choice they had a perfect in Injustice what it requires skill execution rather than hope to get lucky

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Pretty much all fighting games give you advantage off throws tho... wouldn't it be kinda weird if you where at a disadvantage after throwing them?

Unless you're talking about throws that leave the opponent standing, but there are alot of these in 3D fighting games.
MK9 and Injustice throws did not give you any advantage when they hit.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
nice cant wait to outplay people with a smoke reset into standing throw reset so i can save some meter trololol:DOGE

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
So could Scorpion jip into kombo, cancel into mb throw and throw enhanced spear without grounding opponents?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No, you cannot combo off of the universal MB throw. You are just left at major advantage.
Hi, just so I understand the new MB throw, it doesn't stun you like Sub's Freeze, Ermacs TK lift or Scorp's spear where you can get a combo off of it. Right? But it leaves him standing so say you can do mix ups follow up attacks or perhaps run away to gain positioning advantage? is this how it works?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I hope you can tech throws on reaction then decently lol. At least like Injustice throws
Can throws be tech'd with the throw input like in Injustice (SF4, KI, etc.) or is there a front/back break like in MK9?
sounds awesome. my proficiency in throw teching will finally be worth something lol
Paulo said the throw-teching is MK-style, so you will have to guess.

Unless you can only MB a same-side throw, which is possible.