What's new

MB Throw discussion

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
@Sami
If those quotes are true (I didn't see the video) you can probably grab people out of a juggle state and mb it for a free mix up. You'll have to use a bar of meter and most likely sacrifice damage for it though.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Can throws be tech'd with the throw input like in Injustice (SF4, KI, etc.) or is there a front/back break like in MK9?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Many of you are misunderstanding.

This just means that people have the opportunity to not knockdown with normal throws if you use meter.

I don't think its saying you could grab people out of a juggle state. I'm not sure why you guys are jumping to that conclusion.

Matix218

Get over here!
Damn, so can I do a huge combo that leaves someone standing into a throw setup that I can MB into more pressure or a 50-50?

WOW :DOGE
Although if they are techable maybe it could be in the defenders advantage if they are good at throw techs because if you go for mb throw and it is techd you would get nothing but hypothetically still lose the bar. Unless the mb throw is hit confirmable like most of the mb stuff in igau

So look at 1:00 and then 1:30 in this video

In both instances, Sub Zero actually cancels a string (front kick and then punch) into a front throw that leaves the opponent standing (1:00) and a back throw that does not leave the opponent standing (1:30)

Sub Zero is not a grappler. So maybe it is quite possible that it is a universal mechanic that characters can cancel into throws from strings- to more easily facilitate this mechanic of meter-burning throws for 50/50 setups.

I'd have to guess it would be a similar system to break the throw, given it comes at a predicatble point. And honestly, it doesn't seem OP at all. 50/50 you'll get the throw at all, and then you aren't guarantee

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I feel like getting advantage off of a throw is something that should be a part of any fighting game.

@Tom Brady what kind of throw system are we talking about mk9 or injustice or mkvsdc ?
this maybe 2 good based on this question

1) how do you avoid been throw ?
2) do you have to guess to tech the throw like in mk9 or you don't have to guess like in injustice
3) when you duck without blocking throws grab you or they don't

think that if you have to guess to tech the throw this will be overpower rushdown characters will be to good with this is the case...

the only why i see this working is if you don't have to guess to tech throw and if throws whiff when you duck without blocking that way throws will lose to low pokes

I feel like getting advantage off of a throw is something that should be a part of any fighting game.
Pretty much all fighting games give you advantage off throws tho... wouldn't it be kinda weird if you where at a disadvantage after throwing them?

Unless you're talking about throws that leave the opponent standing, but there are alot of these in 3D fighting games.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Currently..

Every character can MB a throw and have the opponent kept standing with you left at major advantage.
hey Tom, just wanna ask you, your worked with NRS for MK9 and did u work on MKX ? Do you have some information like demo date? Because i really can't wait for 2015, aim very hype, and hope at least for an exclusive pS4 demo this year. Thx

ryublaze

Noob
From what I've heard throws will be more like injustice so they'll be easier to tech than MK9, you can EX them but if opponent techs it you lose the bar of meter, if they don't tech it then it leaves them standing and you're at around +12.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Likely, for balance reasons, it'll be one of two things:
1. you can break the throw during the juggle
2. you can't break the throw, but you'll end up sacrificing juggle damage to do the standing throw reset

Also, can people not call it a reset right off the bat? Unless it leaves them standing RIGHT next to you and you with enough guaranteed frame advantage to run a mixup, it's not a reset. It's just LeaveStand so they cant wakeup attack.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
In Max's post MKX play stream they said you COULD combo off the throws...

Are they wrong?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
In Max's post MKX play stream they said you COULD combo off the throws...

Are they wrong?
Either they could in that build.

Or maybe they just weren't paying close enough attention and thought they were still in a combo because of the quick animation, and never bothered to hit the block button.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
1: Can anyone provide a link to see all this stream stuff that i missed???

2: I like the MB throw option from a string. But I highly doubt that you can do it once an opponent is airborne. So no, no 50% combos into MB throw setups.