What's new

[May 26, 2012] UK MK Supremacy Battle!! (Stevenage, Herts)

Flagg

Noob
I didn't expect you'd see him there because he was a dick :p. He just wondered off into the pubs I guess lol. Yeah man I could do a money match for sure :).
Yeah man for sure, I feel very confident in the CSZ/SZ match up. I honestly feel CSZ's only bad match ups are characters with air fireballs and Jax. People say he is pure rushdown, but you can create situations with bombs.

By the way, BIG SHOUTOUTS to BenGmanUk for putting on this shindig.

Albo

Noob
Awesome stuff guys. I had some great casuals with some of you and the level of play from everyone there was really impressive, especially from the likes of Foxy, Omega, Zwooosh, Thead, Phosferrax and BenG but there wasn't one player there who wasn't solid. Congrats to Foxy for taking everyone's money again:p, can't wait till you take America's money and thanks to BenG for putting the time and effort into setting this up.

Thead

Noob
Shoutouts to Senile Marjay Thead shutting down the comp before vids are finished uploading. They're uploading again now and should be good to go later on.

BenGmanUk - Well run tourny man much better than the French, looking forward to another one and our matches were fucking tense, loved it.

Temjiin - Needs a shoutout for counter-picking himself to defeat, and falling asleep at every opportunity. You looked like the papparazzi running around with your camera, or a pervert I'm not quite sure. (Know what I'd Prefer ;) )

OmegaK - Great to finally meet ya but a damn shame we didn't get to play :( Your Jax looked fucking dangerous.

Phosferrax - Shang looked awesome well deserved Top 3.

Zwooosh - Good games for sure, loving that Cage pressure, play you again soon.

smokey - God fucking damn it man I thought you UK .. Y U RESET SCRUB?! :p

Everyone else good games to who I played and hoping to play more in the future, stay tuned for the vid uploads.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
A few shoutouts that I've been meaning to get around to:

PuNkMAFIA Thanks for showing dude and great to meet you. I was quite surprised when you showed tbh, not sure why but its always good to see new faces. I hope you can make it to more in future.

Thead Great games I really feel like that's the most intense footsie game I have to play. Your Jade still scares the bejesus out of me and every time you win I see that image of Jade lying down with the troll face over the top lol. Good shit.

Zwooosh I think you surprised a few people with your cage. You did really well for a first time offline tourney and hope to see you at more in future.

OmegaK Great games dude and very close and intense. Thanks for knocking me out of a tournament, FOR THE SECOND TIME! :p

A F0xy Grampa [ban incoming]

Shout outs to everyone that showed. I'm still really pleased with how it turned out. I'll probably try and do another one around Sept time I'd think. We still have June 30th Anime and i46 to look forward to along with PnD so should keep us busy.

Thead

Noob
I'm struggling to upload these vids to YouTube for some reason. They are saved as .MOV files on my comp at roughly 1Gig each. One file has been uploading for 16 hours now and only 40% complete lol.

Anyone reckon I could email them over and they upload? Let me know.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I'm struggling to upload these vids to YouTube for some reason. They are saved as .MOV files on my comp at roughly 1Gig each. One file has been uploading for 16 hours now and only 40% complete lol.

Anyone reckon I could email them over and they upload? Let me know.
I hadd the same problem with my like 10gb of videos from WGC, they are a pain to upload, try asking ketchup he has programs for compressing/editing i think!

PuNkMAFIA

If in doubt. D4
A few shoutouts that I've been meaning to get around to:

PuNkMAFIA Thanks for showing dude and great to meet you. I was quite surprised when you showed tbh, not sure why but its always good to see new faces. I hope you can make it to more in future.

Thead Great games I really feel like that's the most intense footsie game I have to play. Your Jade still scares the bejesus out of me and every time you win I see that image of Jade lying down with the troll face over the top lol. Good shit.

Zwooosh I think you surprised a few people with your cage. You did really well for a first time offline tourney and hope to see you at more in future.

OmegaK Great games dude and very close and intense. Thanks for knocking me out of a tournament, FOR THE SECOND TIME! :p

A F0xy Grampa [ban incoming]

Shout outs to everyone that showed. I'm still really pleased with how it turned out. I'll probably try and do another one around Sept time I'd think. We still have June 30th Anime and i46 to look forward to along with PnD so should keep us busy.
Well, I am glad I showed up. Thanks for putting the event on.

I know what I need to work on its offline match experience. I have none!!! Other character knowledge as well I guess when I play on PSN I only run into the same few characters Prolly same on XBL.

Still do not too sure what do character wise. Finding it hard to drop Mileena. I know their are so many other better characters in the game. I duno I am certainly at crossroads here. Any suggestions people? Grind out or move on....

NKZero

Noob
Well, I am glad I showed up. Thanks for putting the event on.
I know what I need to work on its offline match experience. I have none!!! Other character knowledge as well I guess when I play on PSN I only run into the same few characters Prolly same on XBL.

Still do not too sure what do character wise. Finding it hard to drop Mileena. I know their are so many other better characters in the game. I duno I am certainly at crossroads here. Any suggestions people? Grind out or move on....
First suggestion would be to change ur font to white :p. Hah it's just that we cannot see black on a black background. Also man if you enjoy playing Mileena then stick to her I'd say. But if you want to choose someone else, then I need to know what play style you are looking for. If I remember correctly you preferred a rushdown type? If that's the case someone like Jax, Cage, Liu Kang would work well....

PuNkMAFIA

If in doubt. D4
First suggestion would be to change ur font to white :p. Hah it's just that we cannot see black on a black background. Also man if you enjoy playing Mileena then stick to her I'd say. But if you want to choose someone else, then I need to know what play style you are looking for. If I remember correctly you preferred a rushdown type? If that's the case someone like Jax, Cage, Liu Kang would work well....
its strange but I have been playing as Kitana a lot... The combos are hella fun. May run with her for a bit. I like that you change the momentum of a match quite quickly with her (zoning to rushdown) unless its Kitana vs Smoke.

So I hear that this anime con is having an MK tournie??

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Mileena's extremely punishable and has a relatively low damage output compared with a lot of the cast.

She's by no means a bad character though, contrary to what the Mileena community would have you believe.

PuNkMAFIA

If in doubt. D4
Mileena's extremely punishable and has a relatively low damage output compared with a lot of the cast.

She's by no means a bad character though, contrary to what the Mileena community would have you believe.
True, I do like the charcter. I like the small hitbox, I like the D4. I just look at characters with Armour moves and I get kinda mad...I duno lol. Kinda lost.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
True, I do like the charcter. I like the small hitbox, I like the D4. I just look at characters with Armour moves and I get kinda mad...I duno lol. Kinda lost.
Problem is D4 can't win a match..... I play reptile a lot like Mileena, lots of pokes and cancels. But he's also got armour :)

You can play Reptile alot like Mileena actually, he's much safer though. Only difference is he can be zoned.

PuNkMAFIA

If in doubt. D4
I come from a 3d background where a good low means a lot. It doesnt really apply here does it lol I think I will run with Kitana for a bit.. See how I get on... Whens your next tournie??

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
If you like d4, small hitboxes and armour then I'd go with Sonya. Read f0xys guide in the Sonya forums, get in the lab and proceed to rape.

A safe on block launcher with armour that leads to a reset /mixup? Yes please...

PuNkMAFIA

If in doubt. D4
If you like d4, small hitboxes and armour then I'd go with Sonya. Read f0xys guide in the Sonya forums, get in the lab and proceed to rape.

A safe on block launcher with armour that leads to a reset /mixup? Yes please...
May get on that...