What's new

MAGMA MKX Tournament at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (June 13-14)

lol you sound like me bro i have three and i love doing the gaming lol but ya lets worry about numbers have you hit up the VA scene and the surrounding states??
lol. Yeah i definitely want to get good numbers in. I've posted here on TYM informing about the event, Corzz was nice enough to post a thread up to get some exposure going. I've also posted a thread that got 0 love on SRK lol ( http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/196324/official-magma?new=1 ).

Besides that i've personally reached out to people i know in other communities to get them to come up for the event. Players in NC,LA,TN,GA,etc.

I'm hoping that enough people catch on that the threads get good exposure or word of mouth helps out.

**UPDATE**
Posting a rough schedule for the event from my side of things (All the fighting games. Smash is ran by other people who run party games xP). This schedule is a very rough draft and i'm almost 99% sure that it will change when we get closer to the event. I am going to try to keep it as close to this as possible, But the smash players "have" to get finals stage time on sunday,etc. Also depending on how many players we get we will have to adjust the time allotted for each game accordingly (obviously).

-Rough Schedule-

{Day 1}

9am-11am = Tournament Registration

12pm-2pm = GG:XRD Pools

3pm-6pm = MKX Pools

7pm-10pm = USF4 Pools

{Day 2}

10am-11am = GG:XRD Finals

12pm-2pm = MKX Finals

3pm-6pm = USF4 Finals

-------------------------------------

So far this is our rough estimate of how the schedule will be. Once i get more confirms and can start fleshing out the numbers for each game i will start adjusting the games, So that everything has the appropriate amount of time. Any input or questions you guys know how to get ahold of me.

**UPDATE**
Sorry forgot to post this. Corrz if u can add it into the main post id appreciate it.

The link to the facebook event is:

https://www.facebook.com/events/737782392995611/779149662192217/#

MAGMA facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009299719518&fref=ts

MAGMA stream (If possible):

http://www.twitch.tv/psyren136

MAGMA uploaded vids:

http://www.youtube.com/psyren136

----------

I believe this is all the links anyone should need. If you guys have facebook be sure to hit up the event page. I posted a poll from my personal account just a few moments ago to see what we are looking at for each game. Hopefully people pop in and start voting on what they are playing so i can tighten up our schedule ^.^

*UPDATE*

http://www.magmacon.org/?page_id=547

Magma Tournament Schedule
This is the schedule for the tournaments at Magma Con 2015. Please be aware that times may change based on attendance.

Saturday, June 13th9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Tournament REGISTRATION
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Guilty Gear XRDs & SSB Melee POOLS
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Mortal Kombat X & SSB 4 WiiU POOLS
7:00p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Ultra Street Fighter IV & SSB Project M POOLS

Sunday, June 14th
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Guilty Gear XRDs &SSB Melee SEMIFINALS
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Mortal Kombat X & SSB 4 WiiU SEMIFINALS
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Ultra Street Fighter IV & SSB Project M SEMIFINALS
5:00 p.m. – ALL GRANDFINALS ON MAIN STAGE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule has been updated slightly and posted to the website. I tried to get smash put seperately on the schedule and not even near the names of real fighting games, but no dice xD

UPR_Nova

Noob
Will be finding a way to this if I have to walk. I also vouch for the OP in that it is a great place to have a good time even without an MKX tournament! I live in Johnson City, about 90 minutes from the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge areas and we travel in all the time for weekend getaways. Can't beat a cabin for the weekend with go-karts, mini golf and great food! Can't wait to meet some more MK heads in person!

Will be finding a way to this if I have to walk. I also vouch for the OP in that it is a great place to have a good time even without an MKX tournament! I live in Johnson City, about 90 minutes from the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge areas and we travel in all the time for weekend getaways. Can't beat a cabin for the weekend with go-karts, mini golf and great food! Can't wait to meet some more MK heads in person!
Awesome my guy. Can't wait to meet u guys

Any updates on who is possibly coming?
Well my buddy from NC cancelled on me at the last second because he didn't save up money for the trip. The LA crew that was coming up i haven't heard anything yet if they are still making it or if they are not going.

Past that we had 99 pre-regs for the event and we usually easily triple that number in on site regs. So we are expecting about 300 people or so total for the event. I won't know how much of that is coming into the tournaments until i can see the reg numbers for the games the day of.

Well my buddy from NC cancelled on me at the last second because he didn't save up money for the trip. The LA crew that was coming up i haven't heard anything yet if they are still making it or if they are not going.

Past that we had 99 pre-regs for the event and we usually easily triple that number in on site regs. So we are expecting about 300 people or so total for the event. I won't know how much of that is coming into the tournaments until i can see the reg numbers for the games the day of.
Yo!!!...are those the entrants for mkx only?

Okay so i have the finals from MAGMA uploading now. After the 1-2hr upload i will do some basic editing on them until my actual editing software decides to work again. so everyone will be able to watch it very soon ^^

**UPDATES**

Winner - EMPR Murk (A List Johnny Cage / Flame Fist Liu Kang)

2nd Place - Seth Murray (Piercing Mileena)

3rd Place - Tyler Lambert (Grandmaster Sub Zero)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Okay so i have the finals from MAGMA uploading now. After the 1-2hr upload i will do some basic editing on them until my actual editing software decides to work again. so everyone will be able to watch it very soon ^^

**UPDATES**

Winner - EMPR Murk (A List Johnny Cage / Flame Fist Liu Kang)

2nd Place - Seth Murray (Piercing Mileena)

3rd Place - Tyler Lambert (Grandmaster Sub Zero)
How many entries total

How many entries total
Only 14 this year. A lot of people called me and cancelled because they were using the money to go to CEO and such. Didn't want to make 2 trips that close together i guess, idk. I have high hopes for a larger turn out next year. It was a fun event and we are gonna move the date around for next year so that it falls on a better weekend. All in all i'm super proud of all the dudes who did turn out and make a showing and my fellow staff who made sure we caught every problem as it came along and made things run smooth.

Absolutely a great weekend. I wish i could have got more of the after hours casuals recorded but something was messing up on my MKX so i couldn't get more recorded without messing up peoples playing.

We had over 300+ attendees at the event itself though =)

Almost time for the 2nd year of MAGMA folks. I'll be making a new thread soon. Wanna see if we got some interested people going this year