is dragon's fire s+

• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Please just read what Taco wrote above and then stop quoting me into your derp posts.
Just saw an incredibly stupid post from you and decided to comment and changed my mind 3 times. Are most of you here even good? I see a lot of people on tym crying but never hear or see anything productive.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
When your top representatives cant even make it out of pools, one of them lost to the debatable worse person on the roster, you expect us to be convinced Europe is on the map with this game? Pewpewpew.

But seriously, how can you take something with frame drops up to 20fs or more serious? Lol. I dont exactly understand why everyone is a bunch of online warriors. People here fly from California to Georgia on the regular. Why cant you all get together and make us some believers

Immortal

Blind justice....
Just saw an incredibly stupid post from you and decided to comment and changed my mind 3 times. Are most of you here even good? I see a lot of people on tym crying but never hear or see anything productive.
If you never heard about Taco then i have no idea what MK X scene you're following, not to mention others like Foxy, Madzin, Xarakamaka, UndeadJim, Twins and many more.

On the other note going with your argument - are you even good? Coz no one of us heard about you or seen you in tournaments (online ESL nor offline).

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
If you never heard about Taco then i have no idea what MK X scene you're following, not to mention others like Foxy, Madzin, Xarakamaka, UndeadJim, Twins and many more.

On the other note going with your argument - are you even good? Coz no one of us heard about you or seen you in tournaments (online ESL nor offline).
He almost beat DJT. He's prolly the best DF in the world.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

Never said they arent good, NA has bigger killers imo. This isnt to discredit anyone but look at who we have..slayer,djt,mit, sonicfox, jupiter i could go on. Im not known because i rarely come on this garbage site or really interact with people on it. Started recently going to offline tournaments but from the things ive read here and on other posts, you seem pretty damn easy. But we will save that for another time. If we ever play.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I like how you think that Taco who actually travels to tournament in EU and USA may think that MK X is the same online and offline. Not to mention it wasn't even the point he was making.

Are we still in 2011? Coz that's NOT the way it is now.
Actually that is the way it still is. The EU is much more competitive now but SonicFox is still from the U.S. and he still has only been beaten by U.S. players.

I sincerely hope EU players start doing well in the American tournaments to make some more hype rivalries and maybe even convince U.S. players to travel to the EU. But even if someone won every tournament in the EU they wouldn't be considered the best in the world until they beat Sonicfox. Thats just how it is.

@SylverRye nothing recorded from Summer Jam? I remember you being in attendance.

Never mind, this thread can resume it's intended purpose. In my "uninformed"opinion I would rate Liu Kang as low S to high A+.

Carry on

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
@SylverRye nothing recorded from Summer Jam? I remember you being in attendance.

Never mind, this thread can resume it's intended purpose. In my "uninformed"opinion I would rate Liu Kang as low S to high A+.

Carry on
Looking back at those vids im disgusted at how i played. Offline lagless struggles lol. Im surprised u found vids, i dont like to show them but thanks man. No vids of summer jam or ect where i first played online. Every liu thread is destined to spread cancer

Tweedy

Noob
When your top representatives cant even make it out of pools, one of them lost to the debatable worse person on the roster, you expect us to be convinced Europe is on the map with this game? Pewpewpew.
SCR didn't happen did it?

I've only competed in the ESL and various online tournaments on this game, but i'm positive that even offline, a FT2 can be lost by anyone, against another really good player.

Not sure if Rye even plays in the ESL. I've definitely seen him play offline, though.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Actually that is the way it still is. The EU is much more competitive now but SonicFox is still from the U.S. and he still has only been beaten by U.S. players.

I sincerely hope EU players start doing well in the American tournaments to make some more hype rivalries and maybe even convince U.S. players to travel to the EU. But even if someone won every tournament in the EU they wouldn't be considered the best in the world until they beat Sonicfox. Thats just how it is.
I dont really get it how can you tell you "hope EU players start doing well in the American tournaments..". They aren't doing well now? Foxy was 2nd at EVO, won SCR, Ketchup made top 8 EVO, Madzin did well in most. And we're talking about 5-6 EU players who actually traveled to USA, where they obviously been swarm by USA players.

On the other note none of USA players ever(?) traveled to EU tournaments and done anything. And its not like they can't afford it (at least some of them). So yeah it is what it is.

ESL finals soon, we will see how it goes. Anyway im done arguing here, lets agree to disagree.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I dont really get it how can you tell you "hope EU players start doing well in the American tournaments..". They aren't doing well now? Foxy was 2nd at EVO, won SCR, Ketchup made top 8 EVO, Madzin did well in most. And we're talking about 5-6 EU players who actually traveled to USA, where they obviously been swarm by USA players.

On the other note none of USA players ever(?) traveled to EU tournaments and done anything. And its not like they can't afford it (at least some of them). So yeah it is what it is.

ESL finals soon, we will see how it goes. Anyway im done arguing here, lets agree to disagree.

Probably the same way it went last time. Fox will pick up a newish character and walk out 100gs richer.

But seriously, how can you take something with frame drops up to 20fs or more serious? Lol. I dont exactly understand why everyone is a bunch of online warriors. People here fly from California to Georgia on the regular. Why cant you all get together and make us some believers
yeh i mean 1162 entrants to evo , 14 europeans went and 2 of them made it into your top 8 , but yeh were not on the map, you do the maths bro ;)

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Basically when it comes to US vs EU for some people EU could of won every tournament in world and they would bring up there 3 man mini tournament in Dave's back garden party last week.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
things df lk is great at and reasons why so many are considering him top tier right now
-rc plus frames
-getting in and being plus for 1 bar ( every character has options here and can counter it )
-keeping pressure going with rc and use of a bar
-breaking armor
-landing throws

things he is average at .
-zoning ( every character can get around this in mkx though lk is slightly above average but i wouldn't call it great or op or top 5 )
-damage
-converting into damage on odd hits
-corner carry
-corner game ( pretty much every character is scary when you're cornered )
-oki
-pokes
-armor
-safeness
-neutral game ( this could be put into bad category because of his reach i feel but kept it average do to dragon kick and iafb )

things he is bad at .
-relies on stamina so breakers are like a death sentence
-reach
-AA and dealing with crossup
-air normals
-air to air
-whiffing and is very punishable on whiff
-whiff punishing
-50/50 ( 22 is full combo punishable on block by all and b2 is only light punishable by a few and always should be a change in turn if blocked )
-stagger strings
-getting out of pressure or reversing pressure
-weakness to pokes and low profile
-wake ups
-high execution ( fbf is a stupid input in any fg and so is bf2-hold-ff-block both are commitments and alot of combos are inconsistent when they shouldn't be causing end of combo whiffs that get you punished , even the best lk players have this happen offline and online )
-has no restand ( poke at all the jc hate :p )

i disagree with him being an elite character , i don't think he is even top 10 . FF was S+ for like a week lol
You could put most of what you have as 'average at' into 'good at' and most of what you have in 'bad at' in to 'average' at, and then most of the rest of what you have in bad at as you're own weaknesses as a player.

kaseyk

Noob
no one read the descriptions i wrote... only the last line lol typical

what most people are saying liu is top of the food chain for is f213-rc ,dragon kick mb and low fireball ?

liu does have weaknesses and i dont see his strong points outwaying those weaknesses enough to put a character into S tier

shit there might not even be a s tier in mkx the entire community agrees jason is the worst character in the game yet he is good enough to beat a "S tier" character played by someone most agree to be the best representation of kung lao .

my opinion of liu kang's very best mu is kenshi and you can lose in it . i don't believe he goes 7-3 against anyone , nothing is free in this game .

kaseyk

Noob
You could put most of what you have as 'average at' into 'good at' and most of what you have in 'bad at' in to 'average' at, and then most of the rest of what you have in bad at as you're own weaknesses as a player.
aren't you a nice guy lol

which of the things listed as bad do you think are average ?

when you say could means you agree they are possibely in the right place .

i'm a great fg player mkx is just another fighting game been playing them my whole life so no need for personal attacks because i stated my opinion .

the only thing that truly deserves to be in the great category for liu kang are rc plus frames and getting in for 1 bar aside from that nothing stands out .

tier rankings always bring out the best in people

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
aren't you a nice guy lol

which of the things listed as bad do you think are average ?

when you say could means you agree they are possibely in the right place .

i'm a great fg player mkx is just another fighting game been playing them my whole life so no need for personal attacks because i stated my opinion .

the only thing that truly deserves to be in the great category for liu kang are rc plus frames and getting in for 1 bar aside from that nothing stands out .

tier rankings always bring out the best in people
I didn't personally attack you. If I called you a 'dickhead', that would be a personal attack. I criticized your level of play based on some of the things you said the character is bad at, when in reality it's not true.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

I missed a "more" in that sentence. There have been some successes and my point was I wanted to see more of those successes. I tend to root for foreigners because they tend to be the underdogs so to speak. But I see how that comment can be misconstrued.

American players don't travel to Europe because they have no reason to. Most EU tournaments aren't considered as competitive and most don't have big enough pots to justify U.S. players going over there(although there was a 10k tournament over there I thought, so that might not be the only reason).

Im not saying any of that is fair, but it makes sense why people would be hesitant to call Xara the best in the world. I wish him the best of luck at KiT.

kaseyk

Noob
I didn't personally attack you. If I called you a 'dickhead', that would be a personal attack. I criticized your level of play based on some of the things you said the character is bad at, when in reality it's not true.
please be more specific all those points can be changed .
i have always been a great fg player so i care not about that comment and being civil and pointing out things you disagree with and giving a reason why instead of arguing and saying get good , which is essentially what you said . its unproductive and rude really so yes that was personal attack .
not as bad as saying dickhead but hey i don't mind that i am one lol