What's new

Lord Stanley

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
What an amazing series. The NHL is absolutely glorious.

The Blackhawks put on an amazing show and bring home the cup.

Nerf demanders - Hold Dat

Bruins Fans - great series, great team. But you still gotta Hold Dat.

Hockey Haters - put on your back braces - youre holdin' dat

Tim Static - you arent holdin anything. Youre a beast.

Ancestors give me a Stanley Cup!

Tim Static

Adminerator
What an amazing series. The NHL is absolutely glorious.

The Blackhawks put on an amazing show and bring home the cup.

Nerf demanders - Hold Dat

Bruins Fans - great series, great team. But you still gotta Hold Dat.

Hockey Haters - put on your back braces - youre holdin' dat

Tim Static - you arent holdin anything. Youre a beast.

Ancestors give me a Stanley Cup!
I have no words.

I feel sorry for people who don't follow or understand hockey.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'm a Penguins fan so I was rooting for the Blackhawks the whole series.

Last nights game was amazing and I just had that guy feeling they were gonna tie it. Then, when I saw them rushing down the ice I had another gut feeling that they were gonna score.

I thought Crawford and Rask played some of the best goalie performances ever.

I also thought the Bruins were far more aggressive than the Blackhawks were the BH were cerebral with their shots and mindset.

Getting back to Crawford, he really wowed me. I felt if it wasn't for him and some of the defensive plays that occurred throughout the series, the Bruins would have taken the series earlier.

It was an amazing playoffs and an amazing finals. I feel bad for anyone that isn't a hockey fan.

In my opinion the SC playoffs is the best time in sports. Teams play balls out, the fans are amazing, and the overall atmosphere crushes every other sport.

I was a hockey fan since I was a kid and I will be one till I die. There's just something amazing about it.

Vagrant

Noob
Best I've ever seen. So incredible to watch man.

Hats off to Boston for a great team and a great series. I really can't stress enough, how well the Bruins played us.

Sweetest damn 17 seconds In Chicago history.

I'll be hitting up the parade on Friday for damn sure.

Oh and PS: We all knew Crawford got snubbed on the Conn Smythe. Kane coming out and actually saying that was pretty fucking boss.

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
As buttsore as I am that the Kings lost to Chicago in the West Finals, I'd rather have the Blackhawks win it than the Bruins. Because A) I made a bet with a buddy saying a Western team would win ($50 for me :D) and B), I fucking HATE the Bruins. So win/win, even though my team lost :(

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
thats the fucked up thing about hockey, how quick things can change,

I've been a bruins fan since I was 5, thats 25 years.
(and I'm canadian so you know I love hockey)

Grats to the Hawks for winning,

But for me, after beating the Leafs, everything was icing on the cake, the Bruins never shoulda won that game 7, and NO ONE saw them sweeping the Pens or rolling the Rangers.

So it great getting a ton of great Playoff hockey in a season that almost didn't happen.

Really wish the final would have went to Game 7 though, it should have, but we have to hold dat 17 seconds.

Bergeron should have won the Conn Smyth though, I thought Kane getting it was dumb, Bergy played with a broken rib torn cartilage and a separated shoulder, and still dominated in the face of circle and played better the most on the ice from both teams. I know the trophy goes to Playoff MVP, and to me it was him, because Kane was missing for parts of alotta the 4 rounds they were in.

Until next year.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
thats the fucked up thing about hockey, how quick things can change,

I've been a bruins fan since I was 5, thats 25 years.
(and I'm canadian so you know I love hockey)

Grats to the Hawks for winning,

But for me, after beating the Leafs, everything was icing on the cake, the Bruins never shoulda won that game 7, and NO ONE saw them sweeping the Pens or rolling the Rangers.

So it great getting a ton of great Playoff hockey in a season that almost didn't happen.

Really wish the final would have went to Game 7 though, it should have, but we have to hold dat 17 seconds.

Bergeron should have won the Conn Smyth though, I thought Kane getting it was dumb, Bergy played with a broken rib torn cartilage and a separated shoulder, and still dominated in the face of circle and played better the most on the ice from both teams. I know the trophy goes to Playoff MVP, and to me it was him, because Kane was missing for parts of alotta the 4 rounds they were in.

Until next year.
The Bruins played their asses off. Their comeback from down 4-1 was already legendary. It was a magical ride for them too.
Tuuka DOMINATING the Penguins will be something people talk about for a long time.

I do disagree on one thing. The Conn Smythe should have gone to Crawford. #BackpackOn for the entire playoffs sans the 6-5 game. Outsode of that, he absolutely carried for the entire playoff run. Nothing against Bergeron, he played great and gutsy Hockey.

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
It was a phenomenal series. A real contrast in styles with the Bruins being a far more physical team. As a Blackhawks fan, I was pulling my goddamn hair out with some of the saves Rask made. As mentioned, MVP should've gone to Crawford, but people really don't remember NHL MVPs so it doesn't matter that much. It doesn't get any better for a Chicago fan than to beat Detroit on the way to a Stanley Cup.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Crawford was the best, and the worst for the Blackhawks. His glove side was exposed, but yet made key saves that kept Chicago alive throughout the entire playoffs. Remember, Boston shut up the 'Hawks in Game 3. Aside from the last 75 seconds of Game 6, Rask out played Crawford imo. But Boston's D was weaker in the end. Tired & slow, and Jagr shouldn't have gotten as much ice time as he did. If he doesn't retire, i feel sorry for which ever team lets him skate.

But to think back how the Blackhawk's came back from 3-1 to beat Detroit 4-3 in the Playoffs was one of the most gdlk things I've ever witnessed in this sport. I'm utterly and literally in shock over that still LOL