What's new

Match-up Discussion Lobo Matchup Discussion 2014

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Personally I have no idea how batman wakes up vs lobo ever
Slide is still fully invincible, at least he has that (and parry) which is better than some chars who don't have any fully invincible ones.

Also basing the entire matchup on what happens once lobo gets a good knockdown is nuts. I mean if that's the case, is it not 6-4 or 7-3 Lobo vs Zod?

Batman plays a great zoning and neutral game against Lobo, he also pressures him well.

Yoaks

A spaceman
My chart going through another change.

Aquaman: 5-5
Ares: 5-5 possible 6-4
Bane: 5-5
Batgirl: 5-5
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5
Catwoman: 5-5
Cyborg: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Deathstroke: 6-4
Flash: 5-5
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 4-6
Grundy: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 5-5
Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 5-5
Lex Luthor: 4-6
MMH: 5-5
Nightwing: 4-6
Raven: 5-5
Scorpion: 6-4
Shazam: 5-5
Sinestro: 5-5
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zatanna: 4-6
Zod: 4-6 (I need work on this)

Opinions guys?
Thing is i don't see a problem with yours, Oxygen's or my MU chart. Reason being is all mu's are either 6-4, 5-5 or 4-6. Even tho all 3 of us have some different winning and losing mu's. They're all still close and when it comes down to it, it will depend on who is the better player between the Lobo vs *whoever*.

Wait Lobo vs Lex os 4-6? I thought it was a good matchup for Lobo after what i saw a t winter brawl. Or did Rev0lver just not know the matchup?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Slide is still fully invincible, at least he has that (and parry) which is better than some chars who don't have any fully invincible ones.

Also basing the entire matchup on what happens once lobo gets a good knockdown is nuts. I mean if that's the case, is it not 6-4 or 7-3 Lobo vs Zod?

Batman plays a great zoning and neutral game against Lobo, he also pressures him well.
I also feel lobo being able to interrupt most of batmans strings w d1 being +14...? ..On hit allowing then lobo a free mixup w about 13 different options helps

Also risking CG leading to 45-65% dmg vs6% slide if I mained lobo I'd do everytime

Yoaks

A spaceman
I also feel lobo being able to interrupt most of batmans strings w d1 being +14...? ..On hit allowing then lobo a free mixup w about 13 different options helps

Also risking CG leading to 45-65% dmg vs6% slide if I mained lobo I'd do everytime
Took the words right outta my mouth.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Wait Lobo vs Lex os 4-6? I thought it was a good matchup for Lobo after what i saw a t winter brawl. Or did Rev0lver just not know the matchup?
Lex has the same advantage he has against most rushdown characters is that he can setup shop for free most of the time. Against lobo if he doesn't already have trait Lex can armor for free. He can set up probes and mines for free against Lobo. Basically he gets to play his game for free against lobo.

He bodied me like 90% of the time in casuals, he just choked in tournament. If you notice he spent a lot of the match just putting out probes and mines and not doing anything with them till he got his trait.

Lex has the same advantage he has against most rushdown characters is that he can setup shop for free most of the time. Against lobo if he doesn't already have trait Lex can armor for free. He can set up probes and mines for free against Lobo. Basically he gets to play his game for free against lobo.

He bodied me like 90% of the time in casuals, he just choked in tournament. If you notice he spent a lot of the match just putting out probes and mines and not doing anything with them till he got his trait.
Ok thank for clearing that up, the commentators were saying that it could be trouble for Lex because MB hook charge tokk away trait lol

Decay

King of the Bill
Hey guys, I go by Lord Decay II on xbox live, I'm a prominent lobo main on there. I just wanted to shed some light on my matchup history. I personally have a hard time with lex but that might just be me. Also having issues with teleport zoning zatanna. I feel very strong in matches against aquaman and Batman. Feeling equal against hawkgirl and green lantern. Superman can be a problem but generally speaking I can deal with a good superman...I'm starting to record most of my matches I'm ranked and sets, and you'll see how I handle many different foes, if you're into lobo you might wanna subscribe! Thanks guys I look forward to being active on this site.
Injustice: Lobo vs. The World. Ranked session 2:

Captain Oxygen

Holy crap your Lobo is fraggin legit!
There's some setups in the video I've never seen before, can't wait to see more.

B2U1,1,Hook charge for the HC cross up.
Crossing up with the B2 for the hardknockdown setup.
Ending a long combowith trait low shot for the quick stand.

Awesome stuff I can't wait to mess with.

Decay

King of the Bill
Holy crap your Lobo is fraggin legit!
There's some setups in the video I've never seen before, can't wait to see more.

B2U1,1,Hook charge for the HC cross up.
Crossing up with the B2 for the hardknockdown setup.
Ending a long combowith trait low shot for the quick stand.

Awesome stuff I can't wait to mess with.
Thanks brother, I've been maining him since he dropped. I like yours too. Did you see my tech video? There's lots of goodies in it to play with
Lord Decay's Advanced Lobo combos and tech:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Thanks brother, I've been maining him since he dropped. I like yours too. Did you see my tech video? There's lots of goodies in it to play with
I hella up-play Lobo. And main reason why is when we played and you showed me some of this I was like "Holy Shit! People just don't know!" Unfortunately I forgot all the shit you showed me lol! So I couldn't post any of it on here. :( Thankfully you posted this vid! :D

Captain Oxygen

Yeah i don't understand why, I told him in the hotel that MB Hook charge didn't do anything vs Lex, he can still absorb the 2nd hit with his armor and get a full combo. Lex's trait comes back so fast that by the time he finishes his combo he has another one ready :/

Decay

King of the Bill
I have a huge problem with lex. When training against my clan's lex,(Black republican) I noticed that jump 1 into down 1 is the fastest thing I could possibly do to try to get the trait away from him. But obviously that's only if he doesn't block the jump 1. I have to get lucky and score a knockdown and hope he falls for my set ups

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have a huge problem with lex. When training against my clan's lex,(Black republican) I noticed that jump 1 into down 1 is the fastest thing I could possibly do to try to get the trait away from him. But obviously that's only if he doesn't block the jump 1. I have to get lucky and score a knockdown and hope he falls for my set ups
Hey man great videos

Can u make a thread in lobo area and just post all your videos of tech and matches ?

Great stuff

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
Hey man great videos

Can u make a thread in lobo area and just post all hour videos of tech and matches ?

Great stuff
Oh man you are too kind. Thanks, yeah I have a lot more matches I have sitting in my premier waiting to be uploaded. I also have a lot of tech that I'm going to post against particular characters. I feel like lobo is extremely good at punishing an opponent's mistake and then comboing them for over 40% every time. So I'm thinking of making a video showing how to punish, or at least create pressure after someone yolos a move and you block it.

Decay

King of the Bill
Here's a video I just uploaded in the Lobo videos category but I figured it has some good footage against a fairly good Green Lantern. It's a first to 5 against my clanamte's brother, and despite some lag, I think I used a lot of anti-GL tactics well. You can punish his high projectile by ducking it and doing the hip shotgun blast as soon as you duck. Usually I use the input Down as the input for both the duck under the missle at the same time I'm buffering the forward and holding back for the hip blast. Also, bait the wake-up lantern's might so you can get a full combo b2,u1 starter on it, and if you see him spamming air projectiles down at you, wait for him to jump and roll under for a down 2 punish. Hope that helps :) GG zloppyjoe

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

Lobo (or pretty much anybody else) can't interrupt any strings that batman actually uses. The days of Batman players throwing out random 223 and 113 have been gone for a while.

And isn't that the same for any character without a wakeup that grants them a full combo? I mean Lex doesn't have a wakeup that gives him a full combo, but because of the rest of his game he still beats Lobo.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
[quote="EGP Wonder_Chef, post: 1333196, member: 18"Slide is still fully invincible, at least he has that (and parry) which is better than some chars who don't have any fully invincible ones.

Batman plays a great zoning and neutral game against Lobo, he also pressures him well.[/quote]
Ive played king alot at kit and gbs. We both agree Its even cuz of tradeing projectiles, mix ups and the knockdown game. Once you start doing the grab after hook charge you can bait out a slide and punish for half life. Ive been saying this forever lol it might be one of the worst situations in the game. If he dsnt wakeup its half life, and if he does and I block it same thing, if I dont block it then hes so negative tht he has to block a wake up charge.
and for aquaman just all the stuff tht cpt. Said we talked
when we collaborated on the match up chart cpt. Didnt really have grundy experience but I belive its even cuz of all the throw immune move we have b2 is a huge tool in tht match. It avoids WC and if he cancles it the b2 hits for big damey.
but GL is hard for me but I trust him on tht one I just dont have the experience he doesin tht match up.
But I put my stamp of approval on the match ups, proud to have my name on it.

Yoaks

A spaceman
[quote="EGP Wonder_Chef, post: 1333196, member: 18"Slide is still fully invincible, at least he has that (and parry) which is better than some chars who don't have any fully invincible ones.

Ive played king alot at kit and gbs. We both agree Its even cuz of tradeing projectiles, mix ups and the knockdown game. Once you start doing the grab after hook charge you can bait out a slide and punish for half life. Ive been saying this forever lol it might be one of the worst situations in the game. If he dsnt wakeup its half life, and if he does and I block it same thing, if I dont block it then hes so negative tht he has to block a wake up charge.[/quote]
^^^This.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The thing about Batman is that post hook charge, jump forward 2 beats literally everything except for sky grapple. Even if he slides under you, the j2 whiffs and you can dash up and full combo with almost anything. Even if he blocks, which is what a smart batman should do, hes forced to deal with the tick throw/mb hook charge/low shot mixups which is a better guessing game for him than post hook charge knockdown since it leads to less damage for lobo. When he knows you can mess him up, he is F'd. In the A. At that point he will play keep away in which you just need to not load trait like a dummy and just play reactionary to his projectiles. I feel like batman really needs to take advantage of any unsafe trait reloads outside of just playing the meta better than the lobo player.

Finally had a chance to see this video and wow there was stuff I never even knew.

May I ask when you did B2U1, 1~hook charge can you make it cross up/non cross up like we previously could with B12~hook charge?