What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Cage is the only similar one on that list due to jailing but doesn't have anything loopable, nowhere near the same as Liu.

Tanya and Lao are only + when spending meter (which is fine cause that doesn't come for free), Quan is loopable on hit but he'll never kill you on block, Liu kills on both hit and block.

Why would you nerf Shinnok?

Cassie and Sub only have somewhat loopable shit either on hit in the corner, or on hit with meter.

So basically where's the justification?
Liu jails you for stamina, builds more meter than he uses most of the time, and when it's finally your turn, you better hope you have a 6f normal or a 7f reversal, if not have fun risking the round.

Nobody has anything similar to Liu.

Someone suggested in Brady's stream yesterday to make Lius F2 a high, which I think would be reasonable.

Also, I face palmed at @Genei Jin saying that you can armour or low profile f213 loops. Shits not even hard to do you have a 3f window.
Since we are talking about pressure (I'm not too sure so correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't Ronin have loopable pressure with heavy advantage that doesn't require any resource to be done?

Isn't Tanya + on block after some of her teleport cancels? She isn't obliged to spend meter to be + on block

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
He would, but at least on a read you could interrupt him. It'd have to be on the first f2.
Perhaps make it a high and remove 3f advantage or something.

Liu Kangs got a million and 1 mid hitting strings as it is, making f2 high would mean he'd actually have to think in some of these situations rather than just about the numbers.
Yea because if I try to pressure you and that shit whiffs your going to poke me or armor through every time if your reactions are good enough

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Kung lao and Quan Chi players crying about Liu Kang tech that was brought on by a Sub Zero player......WOW!!!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yea because if I try to pressure you and that shit whiffs your going to poke me or armor through every time if your reactions are good enough
Thats the point, so you can use your B1 as a mid, or F44 to stop people doing that. The whole point is to be able to give a poke opportunity SOMEWHERE in Lius offense.

Why do Liu players freak out over the idea of having to bait a reversal?

Kung lao and Quan Chi players crying about Liu Kang tech that was brought on by a Sub Zero player......WOW!!!
Tech from a sub zero player? Are you serious? He's just showing you what we know.
Not my fault people dont understand their own character.

Parasurama

Dragon
So much whining about Liu Kang on this thread. I really want to see Liu Kang do what everybody on this thread fears at the highest level..... then I think making the FK MB neutral or plus 1 might be justified. Everyone else speculating about changing his F2 and strings....go worry about your own characters and their strings. Pressure and (counter)zoning is LK's thing, he does not have the options that most of the other characters have.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Thats the point, so you can use your B1 as a mid, or F44 to stop people doing that. The whole point is to be able to give a poke opportunity SOMEWHERE in Lius offense.

Tech from a sub zero player? Are you serious? He's just showing you what we know.
I said this before so let me say it again. If you make f2 a high you have to take his other variations into consideration

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
The problem with that is Liu well always lose if it was 0. His fastest normal is his f1 (6 frames) but it's a high, d1 is 9 frames. Most if not all characters have 8 frame d1 or lower if I am not mistaking
I don't see how this = always loose, I play Tremor who has a 7 frame high and his quickest poke is 9 frames. You bait a poke you can start offence, you bait a high you can full combo punish/if you poke and they go for a high you win. If the character has a mid you could also armor.

I'm also willing you can backdash certain things or even jump forward/back/neutral. But I don't believe for a second being at neutral means you always loose.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro

To clarify: The Tech was shown by a Sub Zero player, I do not think he created it nor does he claim to but my point remains the same.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Superman like move, MB to be plus (so don't accidentally spend meter or something), to put your opponent into a guessing game where their options are reversal (hopefulllly LK doesn't block or do b1), use a 6f normal to win or 7f to trade). LK can block or armor and if this is a character that's especially screwed, LK can do safe guaranteed pressure where at any time overhead, low, or throw can come out all the while building meter and chipping.

That's what's going on right? Cause that seems crazy good. To the point where it seems like LK just wants to touch you nothing else.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
pretty sure the solution is to reduce the meter gain in kang strings, just a small adjustment, no need to make his bicicle kick -1

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
To clarify: The Tech was shown by a Sub Zero player, I do not think he created it nor does he claim to but my point remains the same.
You didn't need to clarify. Thats exactly the shit he said you were saying.
"This video of what LK can do is posted by a Sub-Zero player so it has to be less real than if it was shown by a LK player!"
"Quan Chi and Lao players need to stop complaining that LK has some unbalanced tech, don't they know that us Liu Kang players are totally the ones to be crying if we feel our own character has something super OP?"
I REALLY try to be as polite as possible but damn posts like this are so annoying to read and make it very hard on me, this logic is sooo freaking dumb. If you don't care about balance, by all means, thats fine - stop trying to contribute to competitive discussion however.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Since we are talking about pressure (I'm not too sure so correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't Ronin have loopable pressure with heavy advantage that doesn't require any resource to be done?

Isn't Tanya + on block after some of her teleport cancels? She isn't obliged to spend meter to be + on block
I mean, her B1 is +1, but that's it...

I agree with F0xy, F2 being a high would fix everything and it's very fair.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Give meter burned FK into BK same properties as DB2, meaning being neutral and same pushback so that both players will have option to further the match equally after enduring the pressure. Reducing meter building might be an additional solution too.

What is NOT a solution is another nerf to F213 or FBRC.