What's new

Let's talk about that 3/5 at Kumite

Should all tournaments run pools and top 8 best 3/5?

• Yeah 3/5 is tight!

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • No I like 2/3

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You are a very smart person take a chance, I wish this community accept the Facts that TO's will always care about their profits and also Capcom games and their reknown players will always get all the exposure in the FGC, this community should step it up and organize up to 4 events a year in a determine venue with only NRS games and possibly KI3, we should fundraise money within the community to have a good payouts for a top 8 and a way to encourage players to travel and support their own community ran events, if the community is determined we could all make this happen. we could have longer sets of Top players getting at each other and putting a good show for longer sets than 2/3 or 3/5, we could use venues Like the one at GGA or AK or any other where or venue fees could also be used to be added to the pot, I know space is not that big to host that many players but we could Implement a system in which good players or those who have proven themselves would qualify for these event that we as a community could host and fund, or maybe a voting system?. we will lack quantity but we will excel in quality and I know the community and Stream monsters would love seeing these Top players proving themselves in Long sets or possibly it could be Team based tournaments =).
Also will will need Hype commentators for the Matches like we had at KIT =).
IDK guys how this would work and I'm just putting an Idea out there =/, we need current and responsible leaders on this like Pig of the hut, 16 bit, Shock Phil, Gamer Blake, Cat, Storm etc to take initiative and make this happen.

What do you guys think?
It's coming :)

insignis

Noob
IMHO 3/5 is not hyped because it's long and after first lose player is all like "meh, I have 2 more lifes". It may be reasonable in finals but not earlier. 2/3 is more interesting to watch