What's new

Let's talk about that 3/5 at Kumite

Should all tournaments run pools and top 8 best 3/5?

• Yeah 3/5 is tight!

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • No I like 2/3

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've been hearing alot of people say that KIT top 8 and just KIT in general was one of the hypest Injustice tournaments they have seen in a while. I think alot of it had to do with the sets being best 3/5 instead of 2/3. It gives players a little more time to adapt to their opponents playstyle and possibly make a hype comeback when down 0-2. We seen that alot this weekend!

I think we should just adopt the 3/5 as a standard for our community for the whole tournament instead of only top 16. Tournaments would be so much for fun and hype. It shouldn't take that long, Injustice isn't a slowpaced game. I heard TTT2 top 8 at KIT took like 4 hours :p If they can make their matches best 3/5 rounds and best 3/5 sets and run their tournaments on time than we should be able to too.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
inb4 TO shitstorm saying how hard it is because of the time requirement. Not taking sides, but ugh not here we go....
If TTT2 can do it than so can we. The time limit for Injustice is 90 seconds. And there aren't even rounds, that is just the time limit for the whole match lol. Most fighting games have 90 seconds per round, so they could theoretically take more time than Injustice. If they can do 3/5 sometimes we should. Plus Injustice hype! Just sayin :p

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
I see people bringing up the "time requirement" but my answer to that is HAVE MORE SETUPS maybe its becuase i spent most my competitive time in the MLG shooter scene but setups would solve this issue easy.

Lilith

Baebality
I see people bringing up the "time requirement" but my answer to that is HAVE MORE SETUPS maybe its becuase i spent most my competitive time in the MLG shooter scene but setups would solve this issue easy.
I am no big time T O but I have helped run or ran some minor tournaments. More setups = more games = more space= more chairs/tables . May have to start ealier and we all know NRS community whines to no end about starting earlier. Seriously some of you need to actually run your own mini tourney or something. Its all dependent on entrants really. Siiigh I can't FATHOM running an entire tourney 3/5 with too many entrants- cause then they will complain about how long it took.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Feels good winning 2-0. Feels doubly worse losing 2-1. I can get jiggy with this. The time in alot of these cases will be negligible.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I feel like this will be less of an issue as Injustice hype continues and smaller games grow quieter. UFGT10 will be a great test on how this runs

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
We would have missed out on a lot of hype moments if it wasn't 3/5! This NEEDS to be the standard throughout all tourneys and KiT proved it!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I used to think that It would take too long, but if the tekken community can so can we.
more matches=more hype, why not l0l

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
3/5 can be done if all goes well. If something fucks up because of shitty conditions though gg.

Also this is like the 5th thread of this topic lol all of them closed because of people's ignorance
LMFAO, JESUS CHRIST, I just realized who your avatar is lol. Man, I'm fuckin bustin a gut over here . Never clicked earlier, but it just did, jesus thats wierd and yet, probably the future.