What's new

Let's talk about Mids

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Mileena b12
Cage F3
Jax F2
Liu B1
Kitana B1
Kotal b1 (even though it's -2 he's still essentially neutral against Lao)
Dvorah F1

There's plenty of mids that don't lose the character their turn

It's pretty one sided, the only reason people lose to hat trick is either slow reactions or lack of knowledge.
I guess thats true, a lot of characters have very safe ways around his set-ups unfortunately, and I fully agree about Hat Trick's struggles. Still, plenty of characters do not so I don't think that it's that one sided as you say, it is definitely gimmicky against enough characters to impact him however.

How would you change Hat Trick to make him less of a gimmick?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I guess thats true, a lot of characters have very safe ways around his set-ups unfortunately, and I fully agree about Hat Trick's struggles. Still, plenty of characters do not so I don't think that it's that one sided as you say, it is definitely gimmicky against enough characters to impact him however.

How would you change Hat Trick to make him less of a gimmick?
If you want hat trick to be really good, give it the ronin treatment.

God Confirm

I'm on board with that, wouldn't even make him OP he needs work done, and even if it did end up being Lao's strongest variation that makes sense since its also the hardest to play

omooba

fear the moobs
No more than Ronin, at least you wouldnt have to block overhead low all day :p
oh HEEEEELL nah
just watch paulo make b22 do the same shit takeda's b1,1 is doing. and all hat calls are plus. and ex call is a block strings
either you main lao or you're drunk to want this

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
oh HEEEEELL nah
just watch paulo make b22 do the same shit takeda's b1,1 is doing. and all hat calls are plus. and ex call is a block strings
either you main lao or you're drunk to want this
Takedas B1 is 11f, Laos overhead is slow enough to react to, and would never be able to do Takeda stuff.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I'm on board with that, wouldn't even make him OP he needs work done, and even if it did end up being Lao's strongest variation that makes sense since its also the hardest to play
I am not sure this would have the same results, you see the game has no hurtbox so Ronin is a unique case.

God Confirm

I am not sure this would have the same results, you see the game has no hurtbox so Ronin is a unique case.
I think he meant more "big overhaul" and used Ronin as a comparison because he got one and is a similar set-up character

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Predator needs a decent mid desperately just make his stading 2 one frame faster from 12 to 11 and thats all he needs.

In my opinion every chatacter should have atleast a 11 frame mid minimum