What's new

Strategy Lets nail down the definitive top 10. (A Community Project)

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
#1 Kabal
#2 Kung Lao
#3 Freddy
#4 Cyrax
#5 Kenshi
#6 Sonya
#7 Smoke
#8 Kitana
#9 Skarlet
#10 Jax (Just feel he has better MU than people like to remember)
Flame me but this is 2 years almost after release and you're just trying to figure this out once and for all.

I feel like im on Who wants to be a Millionaire.

Yes, I feel that all the DLC are exceptional in this game. People keep hammering home about Cyrax (the damage man, THE DAMAGE) and ignore the fact that Cyrax also has amazing tools. His rushdown is brutal in this game as well. Well, Rain can take half your life and drain your armour (to prevent a breaker) with one 4rh. He has arguably the second best armour in the game after Kabal and Skarlet. I think Rain is really underrated.
that's the idea:)
i dont have a problem with cyrax, he's probably 2nd or 3rd imo, but rain isnt that good. I agree he's underrated, but 10th is a bit much of an overstatement. i also personally think kitana is ass, but that's just me bitching about my own character :p

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
hmm mine would be

1. Kabal
2. Kung Lao
3. Kenshi
4. Sonya
5. Cyrax
6. Freddy
7. Skarlet
8. Cage
9. Reptile
10. Kitana

not too sure about the last 3 honestly, possibly smoke could be no.10 instead of kit,

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
Wait Wait Wait.. we're all throwing out opinions of our top 10 but let's be honest who's out there doing the tech?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Solely based on the tools each character has, no tourney placements. As I don't have full knowledge of all of these characters, my reasoning is incomplete. Feel free to add your own reasoning for the pro's and cons of these players, do not ask me to move around or add characters.

1. Kabal
Pros: You're really gonna make me answer this?
Cons: It doesn't matter...

2. Freddy
Pros: Good 50-50 up close, godlike zoning. Armor, descent mobility. Great Keep-away, Insane meter building
Cons: Big hitbox

3. Kenshi
Pros: Godlike Zoning, descent 50-50 game. BUCKETS of armor, 8 frame safe special pushing full screen for more zoning. Great Keep-away. Insane meter building
Cons: Very little mobility, big hitbox

4. Kung Lao
Pros: RETARTED mobility granting mix-ups/pressure , fast normals, 6frame launcher, Safe Armor, good meter building
Cons: Marginally risky mix-ups, 9frame D3, no viable mid hitting string on low hitbox characters.

5. Cyrax
Pros: 100% combo resets, +16 D4, amazing mix-up with command grab, good pokes
Cons: Free to godlike zoning

6. Sonya
Pros: Amazing mix-up game with MS, Long D3, descent zoning, fast uppercut and normals, Armored cartwheel that beats Goro's Armor...

7. Smoke
Pros: Ridiculous poke game, 100% combo resets, fast overhead starter, good keep-away, shuts down zoning, Good meter building
Cons: Big hitbox, terrible under pressure

8. Skarlet
Pros: Low hitbox, insane meter building, fast projectile, armor, descent speed normals. Insane meter building
Cons: Very risky mix-ups

9. Johnny Cage
Pros: fast normals, meterless framtrap, great meter building, insanely agressive rushdown. (Unsafe) Invincible special into free pressure
Cons: Terrible projectiles, Free to godlike zoning, loses to Sonya

10. Liu Kang/Kitana tied
Liu Pros: Good zoning, Good rushdown, fast normals
Cons: Big hitbox, unsafe armor, free to godlike zoning

Kitana Pros: Great footsies, descent zoning, descent pressure set-ups, great damage output
Cons: buckles under pressure, free to godlike zoning, fastest normal 11 frames

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Sonya
4. Cyrax
5. Kung Lao
6. Smoke
7. Freddy
8. Cage
9. Jax
10. Liu kang

Just outside I have reptile and kitana

Axel_Redd

Solely based on the tools each character has, no tourney placements. As I don't have full knowlege of all of these characters, my reasoning is incomplete. Feel free to your own reasoning the pro's and cons of these players, do not ask me to move around or add characters.

1. Kabal
Pros: You're really gonna make me answer this?
Cons: It doesn't matter...

2. Freddy
Pros: Good 50-50 up close, godlike zoning. Armor, descent mobility. Great Keep-away
Cons: Big hitbox

3. Kenshi
Pros: Godlike Zoning, descent 50-50 game. BUCKETS of armor, 8 frame safe special pushing full screen for more zoning. Great Keep-away
Cons: Very little mobility, big hitbox

4. Kung Lao
Pros: RETARTED mobility granting mix-ups/pressure , fast normals, 6frame launcher, Safe Armor
Cons: Marginally risky mix-ups, 9frame D3, no viable mid hitting string on low hitbox characters.

5. Cyrax
Pros: 100% combo resets, +16 D4, amazing mix-up with command grab, good pokes

6. Sonya
Pros: Amazing mix-up game with MS, Long D3, descent zoning, fast uppercut and normals, Armored cartwheel that beats Goro's Armor...
7. Smoke
Pros: Ridiculous poke game, 100% combo resets, fast overhead starter, good keep-away, shuts down zoning
Cons: Big hitbox, terrible under pressure

8. Skarlet
Pros: Low hitbox, insane meter building, fast projectile, armor, descent speed normals.
Cons: Very risky mix-ups

9. Johnny Cage
Pros: fast normals, meterless framtrap, great meter building, insanely agressive rushdown. (Unsafe) Invincible special into free pressure
Cons: Terrible projectiles, Free to godlike zoning, loses to Sonya

10. Liu Kang/Kitana tied
Liu Pros: Good zoning, Good rushdown, fast normals
Cons: Big hitbox, unsafe armor, free to godlike zoning

Kitana Pros: Great footsies, descent zoning, descent pressure set-ups, great damage output
Cons: buckles under pressure, free to godlike zoning, fastest normal 11 frames
u forgot to mention kung lao builds meter at a ridiculous rate, this combined with all the other stuff he's capable of is what i believe puts him at no.2. Kung Lao doesnt have to be afraid of taking his risks when he can build up to a breaker so damn easily.

Obs_SmSwag

u forgot to mention kung lao builds meter at a ridiculous rate, this combined with all the other stuff he's capable of is what i believe puts him at no.2. Kung Lao doesnt have to be afraid of taking his risks when he can build up to a breaker so damn easily.
I absolutely agree, he's capable of being #2, but he doesn't dominate as much as my top 3 do. Additionally, he loses to or has a tough time with Cage, Sonya and Skarlett and Kitana.

Axel_Redd

I absolutely agree, he's capable of being #2, but he doesn't dominate as much as my top 3 do. Additionally, he loses to or has a tough time with Cage, Sonya and Skarlett and Kitana.
skarlet is 5-5 i believe, Cage kitana and sonya are all manageable and not that hard to deal with, i'm still doubtful of sonya being 6-4.

But then again this is all ur opinion., but u should still add that he builds meter like a fiend. I main him and know first hand what he's capable of which is why i put him at #2. Its up to you tho.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Kung Lao
4. Cyrax
5. Freddy
6. Sonya
7. Cage
8. Kitana
9. Reptile
10. Smoke

Jax is not top 10. lol

next two would be Liu and Skarlet

Obs_SmSwag

skarlet is 5-5 i believe, Cage kitana and sonya are all manageable and not that hard to deal with, i'm still doubtful of sonya being 6-4.

But then again this is all ur opinion., but u should still add that he builds meter like a fiend. I main him and know first hand what he's capable of which is why i put him at #2. Its up to you tho.
I also main him, i'll add meter building. I'm honestly amazed he's in everyone's top 5 considering he loses (debatable) to 3-4 chars. I also agree that Lao (next to Kabal) is the best solo main in the game.

McNasty

Moist.
1. Kabal
2. Kung Lao
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Kenshi
6. Freddy Krueger
7. Smoke
8. Johnny Cage
9. Reptile
10. Kitana

*edit skarlet is out of my top 10 kitana is in!

I feel my S and up are locked in, but the back 4 have wiggle room.

My Top 10 list.

1: Kabal.
2: Kenshi.
3: Freddy Krueger.
4: Kung Lao.
5: Sonya Blade.
6: Skarlet.
7: Cyrax/Cyblax. (I consider Human and Cyber as one)
8: Smoke.
9: Jax.
10: Liu Kang.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
In order...
1.Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Kung Lao
4. Freddy
5. Cyrax
6. Cage
7. Sonya
8. Skarlet
9. Kitana
10. Reptile/Lui Kang / Jax/Smoke(is free all he does is force you to play a certain way and oh, the reset)

1.Kabal
--------------
2.Kenshi
3.Kung Lao
4.Freddy
5.Sonya
6.Cyrax
-------------
7.Smoke
-----------------
8. skarlet(not sure yet where she goes)
9.reptile
10.johnny cage

possibly should be in top 10
liu kang
kitana
jax
cyblax(he should be up there)

Death

Noob
I'm not buying the reptile hype. Kitana, Cage and Jax are better than this character. Reptile is probably around 12-13 realistically

I agree lol. Sonya is probably the only one who could be 3-7 but I think there's definitely ways to overcome that matchup. Other matchups that have been said to potentially be 4-6 are Cyrax, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kabal, Freddy, Cage, and Skarlet. Mileena & Smoke used to seen as slightly difficult but are generally agreed to be even now.
i think rep might beat kang and go even with cage(slight adv cage) i think he might beat smoke, he def loses to freddy and prob cyrax though