What's new

Video/Tutorial - Leatherface Leatherface Gameplay (Killer, Butcher, Pretty Lady) Replay from Kombat Kast 2/11/16

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In case you missed the Kombat Kast from earlier today, NetherRealm Showed off Leatherface. We knew from a slight ESL/CW leak that Leatherface had a "Killer" variation and today we learned that his other two variations were "Butcher" and "Pretty Lady" (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2). Additionally, it took no time as all for this footage to be uploaded by various YouTubers so, below you'll find multiple videos showing off the Cult Classic character, Leatherface.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/user/TrU3Ta1ent

Attachments

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
leatherface looks really really good, BUT bad frame data can absolutely destroy a character. but from first impressions i think killer is going to be his best variation with pretty lady being a close second. i think butcher is going to be his worst variation by far

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
leatherface looks really really good, BUT bad frame data can absolutely destroy a character. but from first impressions i think killer is going to be his best variation with pretty lady being a close second. i think butcher is going to be his worst variation by far

Agreed 100% UNLESS he has great tick throws in butcher, and if the command grab gives him enough frame adv to allow pressure (cmd grab leaves standing)

Killer only gives him the stance, so all it really gains is resets after restands. Which may end up being huge.

Pretty lady projectiles seem fucking ridiculous though, like seriously leatherface can let off 10 chainsaws before Jason would even let a machete go lol. This variation should be one of his best.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
Agreed 100% UNLESS he has great tick throws in butcher, and if the command grab gives him enough frame adv to allow pressure (cmd grab leaves standing)
I also don't like that it seems that the opponent is quite far away after the grab. The variation seems to be all about "up and personal", yet his (potentially) main tool puts them outside this comfort zone? That makes me a bit sceptical. Maybe his universal strings are still good at that range though, who knows.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Leatherface looks pretty sick, like pretty lady the most, killer looks like loadsas fun, butcher will be VERY interesting that he has a restand and a command grab

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
That ground rush chainsaw move looks to be hella key to for corner carry. I can also see that swinging chainsaw swipe is going to be delicious to use on corner juggles. Maybe it'll give the Cassies and scorpions something to think about when they start jumping.

SPY

Noob
Love his design. Pretty lady looks like Deathstroke with all those projectiles, I expect a lot of haters. Only thing I don't like is multiple reused animations from other charaters.

Last edited:

The Death

Sleeping Dragon
Watching all these new leatherface "fans" is like seeing all these new Broncos fans everywhere now haha. Netherrealm probably knew that they were going to get flamed after initial reveal, so they turned up the heat and ended any future comparisons to Jason.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I had serious doubts about him and i still do......but i am man enough to admit that he looks way better than i thought he would.

SPY

Noob
BTW on steam they said that LF have a new costume in each variation. Did they show variationless costume?