What's new

Learning The Language: Cross Ups, Mixes, MU? What Does It All Mean?

I apologize in advance if you guys have a glossary section - I do not know where it is, please link.

As I read more good info on here - some I cannot make out. I am lost with the language.

What is:
MU?
Cross Ups?
Mixes?

Are there others you can share?

Thanks!

Thanks. This is the second guide you have given me on this site. I think I need to check eventhubs whenever I have a future question.
Thanks again.

*EDIT*
They don't have MU?
They don't have Vortexes?
They don't have Mixes?

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Thanks. This is the second guide you have given me on this site. I think I need to check eventhubs whenever I have a future question.
Thanks again.
No problem at all. If you have any more questions on terminology that you're wondering about feel free to ask. :)

I think I added these in my edit after you responded.

The terminology for these are not there (though tha was a very well written informative)

Here are the ones I need help with:
MU?
Vortexes?
Mixes? (This one sounds like a back & forth struggle to me)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Thanks again.

*EDIT*
They don't have MU?
They don't have Vortexes?
They don't have Mixes?
MU = Match-Ups it means 2 characters fight. ex: Deathstroke - Wonder Woman is a match-up.

Mix-Up = A guessing game set-up. Could be a Overhead/Low where you need to guess how you're blocking. Or a pressure mix-up where you have to guess when you decide to poke out, jump , etc.(Since this game has Push Block this is not an often occurance)

Vortex = A Mix-Up loop.

MU = Match-Ups it means 2 characters fight. ex: Deathstroke - Wonder Woman is a match-up.

Mix-Up = A guessing game set-up. Could be a Overhead/Low where you need to guess how you're blocking. Or a pressure mix-up where you have to guess when you decide to poke out, jump , etc.(Since this game has Push Block this is not an often occurance)

Vortex = A Mix-Up loop.
Ah, Thanks.
From how I am registering mix up from your definition, if you are caught up in a vortex, that is a bad thing.

LBSH = Lets be serious here.

Example:

LBSH, Aquaman is going to let Deathstroke take the fall and get nerfed so that Aquaman can remain as that which is GOD
Lol. Thanks - My moron self would had been scouring the net trying to figure out what move are you talking about.