What's new

LBSH about Digit.

delbuster

hungry
no pig wtf. raiden was the most ridiculous character prepatches, he had scaling glitches and 6f mid that went into a bunch of good options.

i don't think there are any chars who had their mid attack that they used in 90% of situations become a high. doing that to any char would probably cripple them. for raiden, it makes him way weaker, but he was ridiculously strong in the first place, making him like... still quite good now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
no pig wtf. raiden was the most ridiculous character prepatches, he had scaling glitches and 6f mid that went into a bunch of good options.

i don't think there are any chars who had their mid attack that they used in 90% of situations become a high. doing that to any char would probably cripple them. for raiden, it makes him way weaker, but he was ridiculously strong in the first place, making him like... still quite good now.
Yea but I guess saying most nerfed weirdly implies #1 to #23

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Raiden was more nerfed than any other character so far
Right, he's totally the Jade of MK X, now.

I'm sorry, but no, whatever has happened to Raiden so far was completely justified.

Sub Zero was harmed more than Raiden.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Natural talent.

It's why I've been skating for 13 years, and my friend who has skated for 3 is miles ahead of me.

Some people are just better at shit.

/thread

Cerebru

Noob
Not taking anything away from digit, he was a great player in injustice who is having the same success in mkx. He earned his spot in this top 8. But I'm almost positive the only thing raiden got nerfed from the patch is his f12 or F21 whichever it is, is now a high. Call me crazy, but raiden doesn't need it. He's still one of the best, if not the best character in the game. This thread is making it out to seem like he had to learn the character all over again.
Not to bring up Ole isn but...... HE NEEDS IT!!!

Like someone said before, the issue was the two much weaker raiden variations lost a much needed mid poke (because 2 and 1 are high) TG raiden has backup mid strings but the other two don't. f12 was broke, but the other two raidens dont have f12.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
yes a 6f mid becoming a 6f high is a nerf. it's literally less effective than before, it doesn't work against neutral crouch or crouch attacks when it used to. come on now. any useful mid attack becoming high is a nerf, the game system makes it work against less things than before.

now, was it deserved? some sort of change to a 6f mid that went into either a -3 string or a -8 string that built great meter and had good pushback and could confirm into decent combos was a fair idea.

in due time, people will start fighting vs the new F1 more effectively and raidens will use other tools more effectively, that's just how competitive environments work, especially ones with changes.
Yeah it was a nerf, but my b2's seem to be hitting a lot more now after someone blocks my f12 and thinks I am going to follow up with another one :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Digit playing Raiden is awesome. I like that he went from a lightning powered shitter and would still get top 16 and now he has a lightning powered top tier. Good for him.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Everyone wants to be successful in tournament and we don't exactly use the most honest methods to achieve that. Character crisis runs rampant, we have seen so many character changes from top players so they can get that extra edge it might give to them. But it takes a real warrior spirit to stick with your guns and stay with the character you love to play.

Digit was the only Raiden i'm aware of that has made a top 8 with him after the patch. To me it really shows how strong this player is mentally. Easily able to put the negative attitudes aside and continue playing unshaken and unafraid. The only player like this from the top of my head is SonicFox who stays with Erron Black looking stronger than ever. I see can see the similarities of these 2 players in how they approach the game and how much fun it looks like they have slamming in top 8s with their mains. All while looking sexy af. Very inspiring, Digit!

@Digit

*Note: This shout out brought to you by MPT. :)
Good positive post but this thread is premature. Raiden is still the best in the game and there will be plenty of chances others will have to represent the character.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
I appreciate the kind words y'all.
I liked Raiden since his reveal at EVO. I planned on picking him up from the start whether he was shyt or top tier. Thankfully he's good and works in my favor. (well only T God, his other variations are weak and need help imo >_>) TBH I thought he was crap at 1st til I won Texas Showdown lol

@Nivek I know I need to work on some stuff. >.< And sometimes I like changing some combos up a bit cuz I get tired of doing the same thing. In casuals you'll catch me going for some crazy build a bear combos hehe ;) But thank you and Dizzy as well. I enjoy watching y'all play.
I'll keep at it and @GGA Dizzy I look forward to meeting ya again! :)

See y'all at CEO!