What's new

Last Of Us movie announced

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There is a new era of game->movie adaptations coming and it's beginning as we speak. Movies like the Uncharted movie (or the rumored Halo adaptations) are getting serious studios and legitimate directors behind them.

I think that in general, people are starting to realize the value of a well-crafted story, and so a lot of comic book and video game adaptations will move from being slipshod fluff into something more enjoyable and lasting.

Naughty Dog games are so well written anyway that I wouldn't be surprised to see a solid flick cone out of one of their titles.

You're out of your mind. Sam Raimi has a unique style that has been borrowed from a million times. However, TLOU is not right for him. His talent is with silly action comedies and the such.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000600/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1#director

Like I said, his filmography speaks for itself. His claims to fame are a couple of campy zombie movies from the 1980's and Spiderman hiring the worst casting director in the history of superhero movie treatments.

He's a poor man's Peter Jackson.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000600/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1#director

Like I said, his filmography speaks for itself. His claims to fame are a couple of campy zombie movies from the 1980's and Spiderman hiring the worst casting director in the history of superhero movie treatments.

He's a poor man's Peter Jackson.

I'm not sure what you're linking me to since I'm already aware of Raimi's work. I'm a fan. I love Drag Me To Hell and Army of Darkness. Also, he was smart enough to produce Spartacus. Also, you should check the scores of his work. Outside of Hercules and etc. their not that low. He doesn't belong on this project though.

I'm not sure what you're linking me to since I'm already aware of Raimi's work. I'm a fan. I love Drag Me To Hell and Army of Darkness. Also, he was smart enough to produce Spartacus. Also, you should check the scores of his work. Outside of Hercules and etc. their not that low. He doesn't belong on this project though.
Links are FTR, so this thread doesn't sink too far into ignorant quicksand.

Don't get me wrong, I have my favorite filmmakers that most people aren't into, so I understand your desire to defend Raimi. But in no way does Raimi's attachment to a project preclude the quality of said project--IMO it is doomed therefrom.

Raimi is a one-dimensional director, like most filmmakers. And I agree, he's definitely not right for The Last of Us. Alfonso Cuaron would be ideal, and the movie ought be filmed in a similar style to Children of Men, with cut-less, hand-held grit.