What's new

Question Lack of Brutalities & Fatalities killing the hype?

Are players killing the hype by ending matches before brutalities/fatalities?

• Yes

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • They should be made to let the match finish

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • You shouldn't force them to watch themselves receiving a brutality/fatality

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters
Its not the fact that they are skipping the brutal or fatal, its the fact that they are so salty they pause and restart before the match is even over. I saw someone yesterday at ceo quit after someone blocked theyre unsafe move when they had 10% health left BEFORE he even punished, and with how often people dont punish and the (soap bar in my mouth) blockstun in this game, its its possible he wouldnt have even made the punish or dropped it lol. I really dont see this in any other game, I think MKX just brings out the worst in some people
I get that, I know they're salty, but as a viewer I want to see those brutalities & fatalities. The minds games of that are part of it.

Salty restarts piss me off for another reason too, they're acting like a child.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
It's not that great seeing the same Fatals and Brutals we've all seen a hundred times.

Fatals are mostly a waste of time anymore, but Brutals can still be pretty exciting when you don't expect them, like when
Ferra/Torr armors through a projectile with Charge and the enemy explodes into red paste on contact.

I think almost everyone would agree the new Brutalities have more "wow" factor than Fatalities.

Casuals are potential tournament players for sure. However, the ones who complain about a lack of Fatalities/Brutalities and people "quitting" before the match is over (all of their health is clearly gone) probably aren't gonna be tournament players.
I don't think that's a fair assessment. My main issue is the lack of sportsmanship, petulance of it. Don't know if any of you play FIFA but if I'm playing someone, I go 3-0 up and they rage quit, I'm never playing them again. The whole SFV community were up in arms at rage quitters online, this is basically the same thing in an offline setting.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I think if its like at the end of a set its all good and if they're already in a brutality animation, let it rock

E

Eldriken

But they won't have momentum as only the loser can restart.
I was talking about the loser. If they have to sit there through a Brutality/Fatality, especially a longer one, any momentum they had could be lost. Even if you lose, you can still have momentum built up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That's because of character diversity at that point and match ups. The lack of hype was apparent for top 16 though. Literally no one seemed to care. This game is not hype once it trickles down to the braindead top tiers flipping coins at each other. Lots of heads in our community started watching Smash over this. I don't see top 8 being any different.

Great job NRS.
I agree

It sucks

Honestly play top10 or stay home

paul_blart_mc

RIP Salty_Nippless 2015-2016 :(
The "co-creator" (yeah that's right Ed) of this game admits he's a fuckin troll. That should say a lot about this series. Gameplay or otherwise...

Last edited:

paul_blart_mc

Also, the higher up positions at NRS/WB are business men. Not innovation pioneers. They never will be. And the monkeys they do have "racking their brains" for ideas, can't contend to the likes of other content creators.

These perplexed try hards should have just rebranded brutalities as fatalities. Most brutalities don't even live up to how people used to relate to them before. But no... cuz money. And they do love money! : )

E

Eldriken

Also, the higher up positions at NRS/WB are business men. Not innovation pioneers. They never will be. And the monkeys they do have "racking their brains" for ideas, can't contend to the likes of other content creators.

These perplexed try hards should have just rebranded brutalities as fatalities. Most brutalities don't even live up to how people used to relate to them before. But no... cuz money. And they do love money! : )
The way they were before wouldn't translate well into what MK is like today. Fourteen rib cages, 5 skulls, 10 feet and eleventy-billion bones all from one body? loooool

I love the way Brutalities are now and was pleasantly surprised when they revealed them for MKX.

paul_blart_mc

The way they were before wouldn't translate well into what MK is like today. Fourteen rib cages, 5 skulls, 10 feet and eleventy-billion bones all from one body? loooool

I love the way Brutalities are now and was pleasantly surprised when they revealed them for MKX.
Lol it's funny you think that's what I'm even suggesting. I never even made mention of that. No, what I meant is just being struck repeatedly. Johnny Cage has the best one in this game IMO.

And how are most brutals even different from fatals, minus the camera angle?

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Brutals and fatals only appear to kill the mood when the matches aren't great - and when matches aren't great - Alien is always the reason matches. Also, Kung Jin because he sucks too.

Skellington

Banned
I agree that the best Brutal are the ones like Fisticuffs Cage and Butcher LeatherFace. Simple and pure Brutality. I would like to see more of those kinds of Brutalities in future MK games.

E

Eldriken

Lol it's funny you think that's what I'm even suggesting. I never even made mention of that. No, what I meant is just being struck repeatedly. Johnny Cage has the best one in this game IMO.

And how are most brutals even different from fatals, minus the camera angle?
"Most brutalities don't even live up to how people used to relate to them before."

It looks like I read this part wrong. My mistake.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Unless were talking Hayatei's clutch brutality on a Tremor player back whenever, then not really. If all you are watching for is to see the same fatalities we all can do anytime we jolly well feel like, then I can't imagine how much interest you really have in spectating in the first place.

A fatality is an interesting and rewarding thing to do from time to time, but it says nothing about the match. Brutalities are a little more interesting when a player might actually put himself at risk to try and punctuate a win, but it's all just a novelty that no other game has. If you needed those thing to enjoy the game then nobody would be enjoying SF, Smash, Tekken, or any other fighting game and we might as well as toss out any IJ2 hype we are carrying around because it's not going to have any of this stuff.

But then I don't get the fatal mindset. When I fight people online that have some need to fatal after every win I can't help think "One of those guys eh. I don't understand you."

IROC

WP IROC
Like when evb vendetta was fighting cr biohazard. First match vendetta won and teabagged the hell out him. Second fight biohazard mopped him up then BAM vendetta paused it to run from possibly a teabag back at him. (Biohazard im sure isnt a dbag who teabags anyway) just speaks on character imo.