What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao's Meter GAIN Glitch Discussion

Should Kung Lao Be Banned This Weekend at Combo Breaker?

• Total voters

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Why are you so adamant about having him banned? You have to think about everything before you make a major decision like that.
I'm not adamant. It's either "banning spectral ermac for northwest majors" was bullshit or it wasn't. If it was bullshit, then let this rock. If it wasn't, then ban KL at combo breaker. My biggest issue is consistency.

haketh

Noob
I'm not adamant. It's either "banning spectral ermac for northwest majors" was bullshit or it wasn't. If it was bullshit, then let this rock. If it wasn't, then ban KL at combo breaker. My biggest issue is consistency.
Their similiar glitches but the setup & impact of them are completely different.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thank you! Keep in mind, spectral ermac was banned the week OF northwest majors as well.
We have to also take into consideration that this tournament will have more travelers, Kung Lao is more popular than Ermac, and it happens across all 3 variations. Banning the character as a whole within days of the tournament would cause serious problems. My idea is to have a gentlemen's agreement in place where the KL player doesn't break combos or use EX moves if he was under the meter requirement prior to the wake up teleport. Doing this will result in a forfeiture of the match.

I have contacted the TO and he is currently creating a response to this thread.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
These should be handled case by case, Mournful Kitana should of not been banned if it was just for the infinate, as that combo should of been banned. Not the entire variation.

Ermac could get a free breaker mid combo. That is ULTRA stupid.
KL gets a free meter on an unsafe wakeup that almost nobody uses?

Just because a character has a stupid glitch / bug about them doesn't always mean they should be banned from a major.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Claiming its the same as Ermac spectral bug is pretty disingenuous when his glitch involved getting 3 bars of meter while doing a combo.

This involves getting knocked down, then doing a non-invincible wakeup which can be blown up either by a meaty (normal knockdown game) or just hitting him out of the air. The max you can get from this is 1 bar, and its after already getting knocked down by your opponent.

Would be thoroughly surprised to see KL banned by TOs if they actually have the information and dont fall into a propoganda trap.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Claiming its the same as Ermac spectral bug is pretty disingenuous when his glitch involved getting 3 bars of meter while doing a combo.

This involves getting knocked down, then doing a non-invincible wakeup which can be blown up either by a meaty (normal knockdown game) or just hitting him out of the air. The max you can get from this is 1 bar, and its after already getting knocked down by your opponent.

Would be thoroughly surprised to see KL banned by TOs if they actually have the information and dont fall into a propoganda trap.
Exactly, Case by Case basis.

E

Eldriken

Can Kung Lao EX his wake up teleport to gain armor or make it safer? If so, then he can burn a bar of meter (if he has it) to wake up safely and gain that meter right back.

If not, then, well, it's not exactly wise.

So i will say this.No Kung Lao should not be banned from combo breaker here why.
1:it not one variation your talking about banning we are talking about a whole character who been out for since launch.
2:it to close to the tournament date.Ill be pissed because i already paid money for this trip and hotel for you to tell me nah you can't play him.
3:Yes he does gain a bar of meter but at what cost?
3.a:there no invincible in wake moves so if you try to raw teleport 23 start up frame move you are getting hit with a combo.
3.b:even if you mange to pull off teleport a 23 start up frame move if the opponents reads it you get combed
3.c:unlike Ermac Kung Lao doesn't gain anything for doing such a risky move but a 1 bar of meter.He doesn't get a combo,he doesn't get an advantage,he can't loop it because it only work on wake up.the only thing he gains is 1 bar of meter for doing a hella risky move that if i say saw you do Ill make you regret it so bad you will be at Gamestop the next day trying to sell your game
4.The bar of meter gain only work on regular teleport he doesn't gain it on ex teleport which then i could see an issue.
In all honestly I don't want to patch it because it honesty not a very good tool maybe trolling online but that about it.But hey let not go by logic.

haketh

Noob
Not all glitches are created equal, & even if their similiar you don't need to ban every single one. The Mournful Kitana ban was dumb & this one will be just as dumb.

EDIT: Also basing this off of a community poll is a bad idea because as we've seen with this community multiple times over multiple games they don't think things like this completely through & don't pay attention to how these things work.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Was spectral banned because he could do it in combo? Or because he could get meter for inputting a special move? I'm genuinely not just throwing out baseless propaganda here if that's what you're accusing me of.

If the former was the case... why not just ban those combos instead of banning the character? Why not just ban using teleport on wakeup? I was under the impression spectral ermac was banned because of the latter.

Last edited:

C9-Keiji

Noob
Half of the people voting for this probably hate fighting against KL and always lose. Please do not go by the poll. Look at what Dizzy and I have stated please.
You can't use this logic because this poll will be biased, all Kung Lao players will vote no regardless if its the right thing to do or not so this poll is irrelevant. I hope the TO's make the decision based on game knowledge and professional unbiased input not this poll.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Half of the people voting for this probably hate fighting against KL and always lose. Please do not go by the poll. Look at what Dizzy and I have stated please.
You can say that. But I have literally no bias against kung lao. None whatsoever. I was under the impression that getting a bar of meter for simply inputting a special move was a bannable offense.

haketh

Noob
Was spectral banned because he could do it in combo? Or because he could get meter for inputting a special move? I'm genuinely not just throwing out baseless propaganda here if that's what you're accusing me of.

If the former was the case... why not just ban those combos instead of banning the character? I was under the impression he was banned because of the latter.
Because you'd be banning all of his combos in the first place because all of them used Flight cancel into Teleport. Spectral Ermac could build meter & not get punished plus the whole ban combos using a glitch thing si silly unless it's something that leads to a game crash.

Reading threads like this makes me so happy CVS2 happened when it did because y'all woulda moved to ban Roll Cancel.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Because you'd be banning all of his combos in the first place because all of them used Flight cancel into Teleport. Spectral Ermac could build meter & not get punished plus the whole ban combos using a glitch thing si silly unless it's something that leads to a game crash.

Reading threads like this makes me so happy CVS2 happened when it did because y'all woulda moved to ban Roll Cancel.
Spectral doesn't have combos that don't require flight into special cancel?

Also, there were cyrax combos that were banned early on in mk9.

Appropriate CB TOs are aware. They're making a decision soon.

LBSH... whos gonna wakeup teleport?

This sucks for any KL player that already paid to travel.

Due to the timing and the fact that there are committed KL players already going, it would be pretty hard to decide on a ban without pissing people off especially since this is something that very few people are likely to use.

Did you know subzero can gain meter by OS buffering a clone input? He gains meter like he just put a clone out just for doing the input while he's doing something else. Just sayin.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Can you have a judge watch and just not wake up with teleport? I can understand not banning a character because some ppl only use one. This is a clunky fix til it gets taken out.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
another kind soul had already discretely brought this issue up a couple of weeks ago, so it has already been fixed for the next major patch. It will not be hotfixed out.

The ermac meter drain bug should be hotfixed out today tho.
Thank you for the response kind sir.