What's new

General/Other - Shaolin Kung Jin (Shaolin) Discussion Thread

Just do a regular JI2(no RC) divekick to stay on same side. For the crossup timming you want to run and make sure your JI2 hits the opponent in the back of the head then divekick. Practice the timming and youll see the position of the bow determines if it will crossup or not.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Do you guys find that you lose a lot of air to air collisions? It may be because of KJ's floaty jump, but I find that the vast majority of the time that I forward jump at the same time as the opponent, they will hit first and I get salty af. Of course NJP is a general exception to this, but I am mainly referring to situations where both characters forward jump at the same time. It may be because I usually try to divekick or ji1 rather than a simple ji3 or ji4. Or maybe I just need to stay grounded more lol.

Do you guys find that you lose a lot of air to air collisions? It may be because of KJ's floaty jump, but I find that the vast majority of the time that I forward jump at the same time as the opponent, they will hit first and I get salty af. Of course NJP is a general exception to this, but I am mainly referring to situations where both characters forward jump at the same time. It may be because I usually try to divekick or ji1 rather than a simple ji3 or ji4. Or maybe I just need to stay grounded more lol.
Sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some, i also need to practice staying grounded more and just reacting with u1 into full combo. Its a safer bet then trying to go air to air and risk losing. Also i hope they fix his NJP bug where it whiffs for no reason if they are in the air with you.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some, i also need to practice staying grounded more and just reacting with u1 into full combo. Its a safer bet then trying to go air to air and risk losing. Also i hope they fix his NJP bug where it whiffs for no reason if they are in the air with you.
Yeah I noted the NJP whiff issue above, i've noticed it whiffs a lot when they are in the air with you, the bo staff appears to go to the right or left of them even though the fuckin timing is right :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah its mad weird. I know this might sound weird giving that kung jin's NJP is so good, but i dont think kung jin should really enter the air at all in neutral if there isnt a fireball being thrown of course. As good as his NJP is i feel he has a lot of good anti air tools were we dont have to risk a trade or being hit first. Like 1, 11, u1 ,f2 will knock people out the air if timed right, cr jab can anti air beautifully with the right spacing, and doing raw upkick is a good anti air as well. Once a kung jin player conditions the opponent to not jump then its party time for us :D .

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Yeah its mad weird. I know this might sound weird giving that kung jin's NJP is so good, but i dont think kung jin should really enter the air at all in neutral if there isnt a fireball being thrown of course. As good as his NJP is i feel he has a lot of good anti air tools were we dont have to risk a trade or being hit first. Like 1, 11, u1 ,f2 will knock people out the air if timed right, cr jab can anti air beautifully with the right spacing, and doing raw upkick is a good anti air as well. Once a kung jin player conditions the opponent to not jump then its party time for us :D .
Yeah, my only issue with raw upkick is that the startup is so long that it is tough to pull off on reaction once the opponent has already become airborne. I find that you have to do it in anticipation of them jumping, but otherwise its too late.

Omgblaze1995 is my psn. Hit me up if you want some erron black, ancestral/shaolin, Jason MU experience. Btw if you add me please say your from TYM.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Hey sorry i have not replied to anyone in a while. But to answer all questions about Shaolin Kung Jin i will be making "The Advanced Shaolin Kung JIn Guide" as soon as i get back to YOMI this thursday. Thanks you guys all for your patience!
Where's that guide you promised bro? :(

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
so I just played a long set with Yomi Glass Sword online. Shaolin vs. Boneshaper Shinnok. I thought I would be 10-0'd given that (1) I consider myself WAY more of a noobish casual than any tournament players, particularly guys in Yomi, etc., and (2) I consider the KJ Shinnok matchup (really any variation of KJ) to be heavily in favor of Shinnok.

Result: I still lost but it was 10-8, pretty damn close. Definitely the best result of my scrubby ass MK career and good news for Shaolin mains everywhere :)

Funny note about the set: I had my mic on the whole time and Glass Sword did not, so I was literally talking the whole time and he said nothing. We messaged good game to each other after all of that tho, lol

@Omgblaze1995
@STB CoRzz

Good job man iv been havin some success agaisnt some high level players as well wit shaolin. If you have xb 1 add me and we can play some mirrors. Gt GCBone1200

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Good job man iv been havin some success agaisnt some high level players as well wit shaolin. If you have xb 1 add me and we can play some mirrors. Gt GCBone1200
Cool. I have both consoles, but I almost always play on PS4 because of the better connection. I will try xbone again with a wired connection to see if that helps.

I love this variation. I've been destroying sub zeros (my bojutsu nightmare) and having a lot more fun in other match ups.

Zedzs

Shaolin
Someone should get a guide thread going for this variation, I'm sick of the Bojutso Master Race!

Zedzs

Shaolin
Slayer said he's going to create a Shaolin guide, but no word on when he's going to post it.
I may make a guide thread myself, I'll spend a couple hours in the lab throughout this week and see if I can buld on the knowledge I already have.

Zedzs

Shaolin
If anyone has any viable content suggestions, hit me up and I will be sure to include it in any possible future guide thread. (No guarentees I will get on it soon) I'm kinda new to TYM so help me out a little. :)