Is KIT going to be Awesome?

• yes

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • YES

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I've made it to the end of the Nightwing talk and so far this episode is great. I'm officially a fan of the show now and I like the panel. I don't know who it is, but they have a very soothing voice and makes very goofy sounds, lol.

I have grown to love Coolwhip's accent and his overt sarcasm.

Quality episode.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Worth noting that I said NW is one of the worst about 8 months ago, when I picked him up right before I quit I understood that he's not near the shitters but not that great either.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Congrats @Vandy ! :)

Nightwolf has a top 3 alternate costume in MK9 FREE.

Oobisoft? Cmon guysssssssss the 'U' is pronounced 'You'......as in 'You can't pronounce Ubisoft properly." ;)

@HomeLee1121 basically summed up how the majority of the community thinks at 3:50:07 :DOGE

Homelee is still better than Kanye fans for not being a Kanye fan but you don't know Paul McCartney?! One of The BEATLES?

Congrats @Vandy ! :)

Nightwolf has a top 3 alternate costume in MK9 FREE.

Oobisoft? Cmon guysssssssss the 'U' is pronounced 'You'......as in 'You can't pronounce Ubisoft properly." ;)

@HomeLee1121 basically summed up how the majority of the community thinks at 3:50:07 :DOGE

Homelee is still better than Kanye fans for not being a Kanye fan but you don't know Paul McCartney?! One of The BEATLES?
i know who he is now ;)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I thought the NW talk was really interesting from what I got to listen to.

I actually agree with @GGA Saucy Jack about Nightwing being one of the best zoners, if your opponent doesn't have a projectile. Against characters without a projectile, or even those who only have ground based zoning that are highs he can usually do pretty well. The problem comes in when characters have ways to shut down his air zoning, or can trade favorable against his projectiles and take less damage. Most characters who outzone him are also power characters, which don't help the situation.

I think NW falls into an interesting category of characters, and it's actually the style of play I like the most. The problem he has isn't that he is a bad character, because he's actually pretty good, it's that many characters do his job better or easier.

The style of NW I always played was kind of a midscreen footsie game that used his projectiles to punish movement/preemptively shut down the ways your opponent has to move forward. Nightwing has great ground normals to punish forward movement on the ground, but his trouble was that he can't cover air approach well with his normals. He has to preemptively use his escrima projectiles/flying Grayson to stop most air movement, or give up a ton of space by jumping back with a normal. Once he lands a knockdown or earns a hit playing ground game, he gets to go for oki/setups. If it doesn't work and you get pushed out, you can go back to the mid range game.

This style of Nightwing works fine until you run into the characters who outzone you, beat you at the mid range badly, can rush you down, or maybe a combination of a couple of those. The other issue that this mid range control style of character is actually pretty common in Injustice. If you were looking for a character with good mid range options with normals/zoning and had good setups when they earned the knockdown, I would mention Martian, or Superman as direct and better alternatives. If you wanted a character with a good mid range game and setups but maybe not as strong zoning then Batgirl or Flash might come to mind. If you're into the zoning and mid range but don't care as much about setups you could play Aquaman or Zod. That was always the biggest problem with Nightwing I think, it's not that he is bad, but that other characters can do his job better.

Either way, Nightwing is a really fun character that I wish more people got to enjoy watching. He's not as strong or easy as some top tiers but he has a pretty unique style with stance changes that makes his decision making pretty unique. Either way, thanks for the listen guys and good luck @AK L0rdoftheFLY @EMPR_MURK and @Hruza Da Bruza this weekend! I wanna see Nightwing in top 8 again!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'd just like to point out that Nightwing being a bill or thrill was discussed way back when Theo was on KTP so I think it says a lot for the game's balance that things like this are still up for debate