What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - MK Movie Commentary Track

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This week KTP brings you something a little different as we present our first ever commentary track set to the 1995 Mortal Kombat feature film. So dust off your dvd, or purchase this fine product and join us as we get wacky watching this epic cinema masterpiece. This is an experiment so let us know what you think in the comments. Our next podcast will be our second annual "Kombat Tomb Podcast Awards Special" where we give out the coveted "Tombies" for outstanding NRS community achievements in 2013.

Mp3 version: http://kiwi6.com/file/f4g9j2q7am

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb
Mp3 Archives: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast2013
Older shows: http://kiwi6.com/users/KombatTombPodcast

Attachments

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
That feel when you never watched the movie before and you're too lazy to download it. so you just make up the movie in your mind as listen to the podcast.

B W1zZ

Noob
16 bit commentating on the original MK movie? This is blasphemy....I don't know if I can listen to this.

sn1kzZe

Noob
1. google "megashare mortal kombat"
2. click the first link, pause the movie and wait for K7 countdown to start the movie

I Enjoyed it VERY MUCH, couple things:

- Raiden is a BADASS in this movie, actually every character here is the original, the sequels ruined it for me because they replaced him
- Kitana is SMOKING hot in that movie, how can slips say Sonya is hotter when she just looks like a normal white chick, I usually see 20 typical sonyas every time i visit the mall, but Kitana is on another level in terms of exotic and beauty, also shes like 3000 y/o no?
- everytime they show the Kano scene where hes eating I get hungry (lol)
- The ninja scenes were all godlike, I don't see what's wrong with scorpion having that creature coming out of his hand btw, it flows with the stage they were fighting on maneuvering through trees
- PPJ does squint alot in the movie

I'd watch the sequels if you do them, mainly because they were horrible and it will be funnier the more shitty the movie is

B W1zZ

Noob
Damn... I might have to ban derptile
More than derptile. The way I see it even making a KTP based on this movie is hella offensive, considering this movie is a classic and should be left as it is. I pretty much take this the same way a christian would take someone saying fuck jesus and I refuse to listen to this shit.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
0:12:12: It's Ra-FA-el not Raffy-el.
"This monk is tight. He's hella monky."
0:16:45: "White people are terrible, man."-Slips
"This is why I need to meet Kitana, I can understand her" "How can you possibly relate to Kitana, you're not adopted!?" "But I know"
"Reptile doesn't play this game"
"Look at PPJ's hair"
"Kitana could write like a prima guide"
"AHT WULD"
"Jobbers x16"
"How is your last name Goddard?"
"No I don't believe in Lord Raiden"
"You know that sound that ooh ooh ooh ooh?" "Yeah the ooh ooh ooh ooh" "Oooh ooh ooh ooh"

This was awesome. Do it again.

gdf

Noob
lol in the credits scene you guys said, "No one would watch this at the same time." You guys set it up to be played at the same time as the movie, and your jokes would have been less funny without the movie.

I enjoyed it, it was a really good idea, can you guys do more martial arts/cheesy 80s movies after Annihilation? (K7 my recommendation is watching the dub of Godzilla vs Gigan(came out in the 70s, but you know what I mean).)

Shoutouts to Pimpimjim for fooling the Chicago community into thinking that he doesn't have swag.

Last edited:
It's amazing how the portrayal of Kano in this movie was so brief yet so popular; I feel the villains in fiction are usually infinitely more interesting than the heroes (think TDK or Smallville).

I did indeed watch the movie while listening to the commentary track, since you asked.

The Hitman movie was also pretty good, for a video game movie; if anyone here is a fan of that series, the movie is pretty okay.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Watched the movie alongside and I thought this was awesome. Would love you guys to do one for the dark knight and the dark knight rises, I would marathon that shit.

lol in the credits scene you guys said, "No one would watch this at the same time." You guys set it up to be played at the same time as the movie, and your jokes would have been less funny without the movie
lol but isn't that the point of this video? it's not the typical podcast

Reactions: gdf

Kevlang

Noob
I defnitely watched the movie along with the commentary. I'm in San Diego visiting family so I had to download a copy to watch. Thank goodness for Pirate Bay.

I loved watching this! I agree with Slips that Annihilation was a pile of dog shit. However, I would be so willing to watch it with commentary from you three. I could listen to Slips and 16-Bit argue about whether or not the movie is trash... I love it!