What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 44

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Currently listening to the pod cast...
I heard some of you guys mentioning that you'd like some takeda mu exp. I'm down to play some sets with you guys online if you'd like. I've been playing S. Ryu since release. Add STB Karl Malone if you'd like to get some takeda mu's in.
Good show btw

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Very enjoyable. Thanks for putting this together. If you're going to talk about a character for an extended period of time though (e.g. Kotal), you should probably have someone on who knows the character.

coolwhip

Noob
Something with KL's hurtbox must be making the last hit connecting later in the animation for that not to be free. Some characters can just straight up punish it. I know Raiden can just f1, Jax can just jab, and obviously Cassie's flip kick. A couple others can get their d1's. Most of the cast can interrupt the last hit with armor which I forgot to mention though so my bad.
Yeah it's pretty weird.

Lao's ex spin is 7 frames. Scorp's B32f2 is -9. It should punish it but it doesn't. However, Scorpion's b32, which is also -9 (if the frame data is to be believed) is punished by ex spin. This applies to both buzz-saw and tempest. So you can at least b32f2 away against Lao and not be worried about that. Poor Lao, he was never allowed to live.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Very enjoyable. Thanks for putting this together. If you're going to talk about a character for an extended period of time though (e.g. Kotal), you should probably have someone on who knows the character.
We will in the future.

Also, remember to submit Tremor jokes. If you have a good one, send me a private message.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah it's pretty weird.

Lao's ex spin is 7 frames. Scorp's B32f2 is -9. It should punish it but it doesn't. However, Scorpion's b32, which is also -9 (if the frame data is to be believed) is punished by ex spin. This applies to both buzz-saw and tempest. So you can at least b32f2 away against Lao and not be worried about that. Poor Lao, he was never allowed to live.
Ex spin is not functioning properly.

come on! You think of one.. you can not use a pitch fork on tremor as he is a rock! But M2Dave is all squishy as he is human and also TYM has been hassling him for ages like peasants with burning torches and pitch forks!

Come on... that is funny! : P haha

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The tremor jokes in this thread have
gotten off to a rocky start.

In all seriousness I agree 100% with the EGL comments. Stream and commentary are the two areas the tournament fell flat in. Hopefully we can get as some top tier commentators out to the next one, but if not we will make expectations more clear (I.e no game trashing and actually commentating the match). Great podcast, lokking forward to the next one.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
This was great guys, funnny, informative and well made. KTP has 10/10 audio balancing, no other NRS podcast gets anywhere close. Good shit @K7L33THA

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This was great guys, funnny, informative and well made. KTP has 10/10 audio balancing, no other NRS podcast gets anywhere close. Good shit @K7L33THA
Best compliment I could get. I try to make the shows sound as professional as possible, it's been a lot of trial and error through the years, I think I've got it down pretty well now.

I do have a question for mp3 users,are you guys liking the mediafire host or should I put mp3's on the old kiwi6 host?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Best compliment I could get. I try to make the shows sound as professional as possible, it's been a lot of trial and error through the years, I think I've got it down pretty well now.

I do have a question for mp3 users,are you guys liking the mediafire host or should I put mp3's on the old kiwi6 host?
Mediafire works fine.

coolwhip

Noob
Am I the only one whose smiles every time I hear "we'll edit that out" by K7? It literally happens in every KTP episode. Makes you wonder about the stuff that actually does get edited out.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

You're welcome, you earned it.

Mediafire is working fine for me, but RSS would work for us hardcore-nerds who want it to auto download in our podcast libraries.

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand

I didn't know there was an MP3 version. The YouTube one slows
Down for me on the drive home :(

I will now use the MP3 link :D
Thanks.