What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 44

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Aftershock is a whiskey? Lol nope. If I remember it's a spirit, more specifically a liqueur. Normally you'll see it being ordered as a shot. They even have shot glasses with aftershock on it. Nice drink, normally ends the night with a mistake if you're not careful.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Honestly this episode was one of the best I've ever heard. the mk talk is great but I like when you guys just talk about non mk topics it's very entertaining. Great episode! Chemistry is really starting to come along now.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
What i love most about this show is how non politically correct it is because FUCK that. It's actually like when guys are just hanging out and having real conversations. SLIPS is awesome for the show

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Lastly I always thought that K7 was overpowered a bit when 16 bit and slips were on but now I feel like k7 is really coming into his own as an entertainer. Props k7!

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I totally agree on the commentator issue. Don't complain about the game on commentary. Pretty self explanatory. As far as James Chen commentating, I love him and I think he is awesome but if he doesn't know the game then he shouldn't commentate.

Slips hit the nail on the head when it comes to jumping. Anti-aring/trip guarding is match up specific due to different jump arcs and different hitboxes, compared to mk9. In fact, one could argue mk9's anti-air system broke away from traditional fighting games by having each character have universal jump in attacks and jump arcs.

Even in USF4, not every character can anti-air well in certain matchups. Divekicks can also skew the timing of anti-airs as well. Not saying anti-airs are great in MKX, they can be improved, but a lot players are so accustomed to mk9's style when most fighting games have different jump arcs/hitboxes for all characters.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't recall when I saw tits for the first time, but I remember when i saw tits and bush for the first time. We had a family come over with parents and two kids, a girl and a boy. The mother and her daughter went in the bathroom to have a shower together. That alone was a shock for me since we never had howers with our parents. Then, accidentally I was going by the bathroom and the door was open. The mother stood up from the bathtub to close the door. Those were the most perfect tits and bush I've ever seen in my life. Maybe because they were the first.

Hades

Noob
Just listened and dave gel's really well with k7 and slips. He always says ridiculous things and gets blown up but it's awesome. He's similar to 16 bit but different at the same time. My 2nd favourite KTP after the m2dave mk9 one funny enough

coolwhip

Noob
@K7L33THA Over and hour in, and some of the stamps seem like they've been edited out? The "why is Kung Jin a Bill?" and "who needs to play top tier to place." It jumps right from Slips' anti air talk to Sub-Zero and Madzin.

Last edited:

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I just want to say congratulations to @16 Bit on the job. A great player he's been a joy to watch over the years, an inspiration to any character loyalist.
I wish you all the best.

ktp is back. It is official now. Last show was kinda awkward and forced. This weeks show feels like ktp again. I do hope 16 bit will come back someday.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Brady should be in the next one and join Cowboy's segment. Cowboy can explain why he switched to Shinnok for Sub-Zero, Brady can rant a little about Sub-Zero being unviable and then both of them should appologize in one voice and give Madzin props.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
@K7L33THA Over and hour in, and some of the stamps seem like they've been edited out? The "why is Kung Jin a Bill?" and "who needs to play top tier to place." It jumps right from Slips' anti air talk to Sub-Zero and Madzin.
There was some technical problems and a few mins were lost around that time. The order of some topics might be off.

#Illuminatiedits

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Slips Yeah, Kung Lao can't punish Scorpion's f2 or his b32f2 in either tempest or buzz-saw.
Something with KL's hurtbox must be making the last hit connecting later in the animation for that not to be free. Some characters can just straight up punish it. I know Raiden can just f1, Jax can just jab, and obviously Cassie's flip kick. A couple others can get their d1's. Most of the cast can interrupt the last hit with armor which I forgot to mention though so my bad.