What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 31 with Emperor Theo

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA 16 Bit EMPEROR_THEO I posted about this in a thread recently but idk if any of you saw, so just to clear something up - I was listening to the part about the Evo bracket situation. It's the online brackets that are messed up, not what actually happened. What happened in the tournament is what was supposed to happen. MIT beat Gridman in winners, then Gridman beat me and Awesomo to make top 16. MIT lost his next match to KDZ and beat Cowboy for top 16. They just accidentally advanced Gridman in winners. I think they accidentally advanced Trophy Club on there because it didn't matter for the top 16 bracket.

Yeah, I saw. After hearing that MIT beat Gridman the first time it all made sense.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Man I just finished this one when I just finished the last one yesterday. I can barely keep up.
The "what you did in school" was my favorite part.
I like how I'm your prototypical example of what weird is now. Well I guess you can call me weird since you are all really weird yourselves.
GGA 16 Bit
How about from now to NEC why don't you get the big name entrants to come on. I recommend my friend AK Smarrgasm
He can represent our scene better than anyone: sense he has the most wins and is always there unlike me who missed two in a row due to going to King of Bling and being sick. Besides I represent the Alabama scene... yep.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
GGA 16 Bit EMPEROR_THEO I posted about this in a thread recently but idk if any of you saw, so just to clear something up - I was listening to the part about the Evo bracket situation. It's the online brackets that are messed up, not what actually happened. What happened in the tournament is what was supposed to happen. MIT beat Gridman in winners, then Gridman beat me and Awesomo to make top 16. MIT lost his next match to KDZ and beat Cowboy for top 16. They just accidentally advanced Gridman in winners. I think they accidentally advanced Trophy Club on there because it didn't matter for the top 16 bracket.
WoundCowboy

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Man I just finished this one when I just finished the last one yesterday. I can barely keep up.
The "what you did in school" was my favorite part.
I like how I'm your prototypical example of what weird is now. Well I guess you can call me weird since you are all really weird yourselves.
GGA 16 Bit
How about from now to NEC why don't you get the big name entrants to come on. I recommend my friend AK Smarrgasm
He can represent our scene better than anyone: sense he has the most wins and is always there unlike me who missed two in a row due to going to King of Bling and being sick. Besides I represent the Alabama scene... yep.
noted

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I love how just cause i only win locals and choke at majors getting 17th at the two ive been to i get kinda shrugged off and laughed at when mentioned for Top 8.

Also to everyone who did, dont laugh when mentioning AK Glass_Sword especially when referring to his win on Friday. He played better than ive ever seen him play beating a ton of guys in the atlanta scene who are very good (Tre, RTD, Tyler Lantern). He beat me handily in winner's and i had no answer and stopped me from resetting the bracket which ive done loads of times already in this game and never failed to do before that night. He is someone that people may sleep on based on his past but he is hungry and is playing great and has levelled up a ton. Blind_Man was saying its the best raven play hes seen other than his own and thats huge considering he will blow up anyone and be super truthful.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I love how just cause i only win locals and choke at majors getting 17th at the two ive been to i get kinda shrugged off and laughed at when mentioned for Top 8.

Also to everyone who did, dont laugh when mentioning AK Glass_Sword especially when referring to his win on Friday. He played better than ive ever seen him play beating a ton of guys in the atlanta scene who are very good (Tre, RTD, Tyler Lantern). He beat me handily in winner's and i had no answer and stopped me from resetting the bracket which ive done loads of times already in this game and never failed to do before that night. He is someone that people may sleep on based on his past but he is hungry and is playing great and has levelled up a ton. Blind_Man was saying its the best raven play hes seen other than his own and thats huge considering he will blow up anyone and be super truthful.
nah dude, I don't get the sense that they thought it was dumb. They mentioned issues that you yourself have acknowledged (not playing well in tournament, choking). NEC is your chance to shut people up.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
nah dude, I don't get the sense that they thought it was dumb. They mentioned issues that you yourself have acknowledged (not playing well in tournament, choking). NEC is your chance to shut people up.
No but as soon as my name was brought up i heard laughing and then "thats interesting" meaning they dont agree with that at all. I was the only name where any reaction like that was incited as well. I understand the talk after that and Theo was 100% on my feelings. I know i have a choking problem and ive been working on it. I get that NEC is also my chance to squash it. That doesnt mean that when my name comes up though it should be almost disregarded.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
"just cause"? Isn't that a good reason to not predict a top 8 placement? Prove these expectations wrong and your stock will rightfully rise.
I get that i have to prove this "problem" i have wrong. Ive noted it on multiple occasions. So when theo says he believes I can you guys just seemed to act like he was way off base. Im going to try to prove that at a major i can play up to those standards but i honestly havent even had a ton of chances.Ive beaten top players in both games in this community and have shown that i can compete. I just felt pretty disrespected when my name comes up and it gets disrespected cause Ive failed at two majors and had just lost a local at that isntance.

Another note i want to add even though i still consider it a huge choke, against Fran i didnt block the super and just stand there like an idiot. I tried to throw him cause he had clash and we both had zero meter. The problem was that Superman is airborne during these recovery frames. I then got whiff punished and then lasered to lose. I should have just hit him in hindsight but it was a big split second decision and it cost me.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I also have done well locally but not nationally. I would not expect to be in top 8 predictions. Get over it.
Im not saying i expect people to put me in top 8 predictions. But you wouldnt get mad if someone predicted you for a top 8 and they basically told the guy who said so that you shouldnt be in that list.

You may say youre fine with that. Im not.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im not saying i expect people to put me in top 8 predictions. But you wouldnt get mad if someone predicted you for a top 8 and they basically told the guy who said so that you shouldnt be in that list.

You may say youre fine with that. Im not.

No, I would think that's a reasonable assessment based on past tournaments.

If this makes you mad I don't know why you want on KTP lol

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
No, I would think that's a reasonable assessment based on past tournaments.

If this makes you mad I don't know why you want on KTP lol
Cause i thought despite my choking problem i could still be respected as a player. I guess i was wrong. Some people might disagree with me taking offense to this, obviously you do, but it just bothered me on top of you taking a shot at my articles when they arent about me but about the scene.

I want to be on KTP cause i thought i could be a good guest and speak on Atlanta especially since Pig has his own podcast and other than Saltface i feel like when people think of Atlanta my name comes up in the conversation and we are one of the big scenes in the Injustice community.

Idk what else to really say. I just felt irked by it. I may be overthinking it or whatever but you of all people can understand someone getting mad over something that probably isnt as big of a deal as it is.

coolwhip

Noob
I love the evolution of KTP terminology. Gone is back blown out, and it's now replaced by mopped up (though I think the KCP first coined that one). "Bill of goods" and "shitter" (Wafflez should demand copyrights for that one) now make frequent appearances...

And yet, something must be wrong with the world because in a combined twelve hours or so since the show's return, 16 Bit has not said LBSH once. I guess that's so 2012...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I love the evolution of KTP terminology. Gone is back blown out, and it's now replaced by mopped up (though I think the KCP first coined that one). "Bill of goods" and "shitter" (Wafflez should demand copyrights for that one) now make frequent appearances...

And yet, something must be wrong with the world because in a combined twelve hours or so since the show's return, 16 Bit has not said LBSH once. I guess that's so 2012...

I'm always trying to get new catchphrases over.

Tight and hella are the classics and will always remain.

coolwhip

Noob
TDKR is the best Batman film. *SPOILER* The twist ending is a bit annoying, but everything before that is great. The first hour/90 minutes are pure gold. Bane was awesome. The build-up and intrigue around him is fantastic and you really buy him as a serious threat

The Dark Knight was more tightly written though, and holds together a lot better.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I think one thing that you also have to give TDKR is that it ends the story of Bruce Wayne in a sensible way. I can think of no other Bat media that has done that (TDK Returns shat the bed on that one).

I would also argue that the absense of the relatively weak Rachel Dawes character also helps TDKR (as well as serving as the catalyst for the excellent scene between Bruce and Alfred)

Really it's just another great entry in the best trilogy of the Milennials

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This is bullshit. Batman wouldn't take 8 years off after being Batman for only 2. Batman wouldn't follow Catwoman mindlessly and continue to get blown up for it. Bane should have been the mastermind all along not some lap dog to Raas Al Ghul's business woman daughter. Nolan slaps a shiny coat of paint with great cinematography and great actors on paper thin writing and plot holes.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I can't sleep so I'll take this one by one

This is bullshit. Batman wouldn't take 8 years off after being Batman for only 2.
Self imposed exile. He knew he had to take the fall for Dent, which would have made crime fighting exponentially hard. Also, he's a broken man, physically and spiritually; his leg is fucked after his fall and he explains multiple times that Rachel was his way out, his key to a normal life, which he lost.

Bane should have been the mastermind all along not some lap dog to Raas Al Ghul's business woman daughter
I hear this a lot and I don't get it. Why is he a goon? Obviously this would have never worked without his established mercenary history and strength. They are partners; theatricality and deception. Powerful agents to the uninitiated. Bane stages the dramatic takeover of Gotham while Miranda works to deceive Gotham with her clean energy nuclear bomb (as well as Bruce).

I totally get digging TDK over it (IMO it's super super close) but c'mon I don't think saying the writing is paper thin is justified. Can we get a Batcast going?