What's new

Kombat Kast Rekap 3.27.15 Erron Black, Liu Kang and Shinnok Breakdowns, Kast Guests and More!

Bruh when they wanted to show kl vs liu kang but then decided to show liu kang vs liu kang. I was like sanford in that serious mashing video.

Not many meterless pop-up combos (if any), damage output seems very low, imposter is circumstantial as fuck and underwhelming normals and universal special moves.

And on top of that, the "particle effects" on his special moves seem to be lacking. Necromancer variation comes to mind, A giant skeletal arm simply plunges from above, with the arm's model ending abruptly at the elbow (no transparency gradient or smoke effect to attenuate this). Seems the most lacking character so far (and I was hype for Shinnok). Let's wait and see.
Yep because you've played the game for longer than a year, and know Shinnok inside and out

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Late to the party, but let me just say that Erron Black is the definition of swag, I'll definitely main this son of a gun! Liu Kang has the best x-ray in the game so far, easy (That's about the only cool thing he has, though...). Shinnok looks good too, I like this bone weapon he has in Bone Shaper. Will be hype to see him played by a high level player, I'm sure. I'm fairly pleased, pretty much got what I wanted out of this stream. Erron is awesome, Liu is.. well, Liu, and Shinnok looks mean as hell. Sub's second fatality is badass too. Tron Raiden is a nice bonus. :)

SLy

Noob
Not many meterless pop-up combos (if any), damage output seems very low, imposter is circumstantial as fuck and underwhelming normals and universal special moves.

And on top of that, the "particle effects" on his special moves seem to be lacking. Necromancer variation comes to mind, A giant skeletal arm simply plunges from above, with the arm's model ending abruptly at the elbow (no transparency gradient or smoke effect to attenuate this). Seems the most lacking character so far (and I was hype for Shinnok). Let's wait and see.
Overspeculation isnt good for your health buddy. It seems he's "lacking" according to how YOU want to play him. I see everything I need from him +More

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I don't like how they introduced practice mode with the reveal of Shinnok, imo it completely mess up up Shinnoks hype reveal,, they missed out a few things, I'd love to see his walkups in different variations and more intro with him and sub zero... Also they didn't show a fatality or his grab (did they show his grab?)
They probably didn't wanna risk major story spoilers if the intros were canon.

I'm kinda annoyed that Liu Kang got a breakdown the day after he was revealed and yet the characters we have known about for weeks, Sonya, Jaqui, Kenshi, don't. Still an awesome kast.

Reactions: cfw
People here need to understand the difference between an personal opinion based on a first impression and a factual statement. I wrote the former only. chill the fuck out, please.