What's new

Kombat Kast Rekap 3.27.15 Erron Black, Liu Kang and Shinnok Breakdowns, Kast Guests and More!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It's appears to be modeled after the 'magic bullet' theory of how JFK died.

I wasn't complaining, just an observation. The kind of thing I imagine fox news spending some time on ("this new video game allows you to re-enact the assassination of a president, bla bla").

Yeap. That's erron blacks xray alright.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
WB Play is the new version of the WBID. It's only slightly revised but I had to re-verify my email again for my account.
Oh I see, I think they made me do that a few weeks ago when I logged into themortalkombat.com wonder if that was it? I'll go on that site now. Thanks!

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Shinnok shown in training was abit off, but I think because he's heavily involved in story they didn't want to spoil anything with intros? Perhaps that's why they shown him the way they did.

Anyways, solid stream. Also anyone see Quan Chi's Fortress when they where trying to find outworld on practice haha?

They really do and it seemed a bit random that he lost his flesh all of the sudden when he's been using those babies like nothing before...
They should have just gave him translucent hands where you can see the skeleton underneath. I think that some people won't even use that variation because of how creepy and silly it looks.

Elder God

Power!
Erron Black = stylish, cool character no more to talk only this for me.
Liu Kang = sick voice, sick costume, sick animations and variations is interesting, but variations is not so sick.
Shinnok = I expected more, costume it's strange, head and back, Shinnok would be more badass like a God and he looks like a super Shang Tsung, your stances are almost the same.

Shaolins is the most interesting chars for me at moment, old Kung Lao punches e moveset, Kung Jin very cool char with your ''baff'' and the champion Liu Kang.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Didn't notice if anyone mentioned this in the 8 pages so far, but Shinnok has a teleport move in his Impostor variation that they didn't show.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Last time netherrealm did something with the WBID i lost the arrow costume due its burocracy, i'm not willing to miss this raiden one.

So someone tell me already, how do i sign for WBplay so i can regist for it and get my code in time to use on the exact moment my copy arrives.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Last time netherrealm did something with the WBID i lost the arrow costume due its burocracy, i'm not willing to miss this raiden one.

So someone tell me already, how do i sign for WBplay so i can regist for it and get my code in time to use on the exact moment my copy arrives.
I went to WBplay.. Updated and verified my email and account info..
Not sure if it will get me the costume.. Game not out yet

Are you kidding me, he can zone, has the most alternate combos in importer, he's fast .... "Underpowered" pft smh
Not many meterless pop-up combos (if any), damage output seems very low, imposter is circumstantial as fuck and underwhelming normals and universal special moves.

And on top of that, the "particle effects" on his special moves seem to be lacking. Necromancer variation comes to mind, A giant skeletal arm simply plunges from above, with the arm's model ending abruptly at the elbow (no transparency gradient or smoke effect to attenuate this). Seems the most lacking character so far (and I was hype for Shinnok). Let's wait and see.

Monox1de

Noob
Anyone else annoyed that we never got to see the EX anti air sand grenade due to them missing it twice because of the Kotal crossups and then finally landing it once when he was out of meter? After that they just moved on to the next special and as far as I can tell there is no footage of the EX air sand grenade landing.

I was just re-watching it and I remembered that i thought to myself "well are they gonna show it or just fuck it up 3 times in a row and move on?" when i watched it live. Tyler then goes on to miss the enhanced tackle 3-4 times in a row and says "i'm not quitting til we get this.". I just wish that same attitude would have applied to the EX AA sand grenade.

I was so excited to see the improves to the practice mode and to hear you can use it while waiting for online matches as well as, i hope, practice mode online with friends.
All the characters revealed were sick today. Every variation breakdown was amazing. There were animations that were recycled like jokers back dash on erron, but I'm okay with that. Especially since Jokers back dash was one of the best looking back dashes in IGAU (aside from Harley and Catwoman imo).

So in conclusion of this wall of text, when I say I am annoyed what it actually means is I am impatient and must know everything now. Is it time to start leveling up yet? I am preparing for the longest 17 days of my life....Also I was so happy to see Tyler finally win, however that first game had me yelling BLOCK AFTER YOU KNOCK HIM DOWN and HE WAKES UP EVERY SINGLE TIME.

TLDR: The EX Anti air sand grenade was attempted three times but never landed once on the kombat kast. As far as I have seen there is no footage of it connecting (if there is please point me in that direction). The rest is me rambling about overdosing on HYPE. I'm an addict and my drug of choice is MKX speculation/information.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I enjoyed this stream. All the characters look fun in their own way. I particularly liked Erron Black.

Which, on that note: regarding his Outlaw variation. Until we see Baraka's dead body in the story mode, he's not dead. Baraka is to MK what Mr. Satan is to Dragonball Z; and Mr. Satan always wins.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I feel like Shang Tsung was subtly Deconfirmed this past week with the comic and Shinnoks Imposter variation and projectile special move. He was obliterated by Shao Kahn anyway, there should be no coming back from that...SHOULD BE..

So now I'm almost confident Havik is the surprise boss.
That Demon Shinnok or Onaga thing....nahhh
Boon said a "fun, surprise return character"
It could still be King Baraka though, lol