What's new

Kitana's "new" godlike blockstring.

Ex cutter definitely can be poked out of. I was just in an online match (really surprising that this was doable there) where I tried to chip out with f4,1~ex cutter against a Sektor player. Before the 2nd hit of ex cutter, he hit me with Sektor's 1,2,b1.
Was he crouching or standing? I tested this again with another person this time and I'm 100% sure it jails on high block.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Nevermind, I realized F4 1 ends in overhead. I have no clue how it's possible to poke out of ex cutter though.
Just try doing a naked ex cutter with the second person doing Sektor's standing 1. I don't have anyone to test things with myself, but this definitely just happened to me.

I doubt you can fuzz that string. Now that I have free time, I would be willing to test that with you but I'm on Playstation.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I also thought ex cutter jailed on stand block. Tested recently.

With f+4,1 off an early jump in it doesn't jail so they can go into crouch block(but remain standing visually) and blow up f+4,1~cutter.

I also thought ex cutter jailed on stand block. Tested recently.

With f+4,1 off an early jump in it doesn't jail so they can go into crouch block(but remain standing visually) and blow up f+4,1~cutter.
How can they crouch block but still be in high stance if it doesn't jail? F4 is 17 frames and a jip jails 16 frame attacks, so if the opponent is crouch blocking they should be crouching visually.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Tested and put a video on the OP.

It jails and is 100% safe. Also jails on stand block if you do 112~:en Cutter

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Still a little confused. So its safe on block, but can be poked out of between the two hits of ex cutter? Kind of risky for little reward if so.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Still a little confused. So its safe on block, but can be poked out of between the two hits of ex cutter? Kind of risky for little reward if so.
No. It jails and they cannot poke out. I tested it with several characters and even tried to xray inbetween the second and third hits of the ex cutter to no avail. Block it or take the damage.

Yes they can poke out of it.
Ask Detroit.

I staggered him with a cutter, then I proceeded to jump in punch, 1,1,2, Ex,cutter, and he managed to poke me out of it.
It's risky, so most people either forget there's a second swing of the ex cutter and get hit, stay blocking, or poke you out of it.

It does 11% chip, builds 55-65% meter back, and adds insane pressure.
I'll be looking into this further konqrr, but i've been using this tactic since early summer, and it's amazing.
As well as, F4, 1 cancel ex cutter, and only on jump in punch, 2,1,ex cutter, this confuses opponents pretty heavily.
When i finished tom off, that one didn't count. He could have punished me, but since he was so close to death, he stayed blocking the enitre time.
At 1:21, i started it after he was staggered.
It can be poked out of, I will further test this with detroit.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yes they can poke out of it.
Ask Detroit.

I staggered him with a cutter, then I proceeded to jump in punch, 1,1,2, Ex,cutter, and he managed to poke me out of it.
It's risky, so most people either forget there's a second swing of the ex cutter and get hit, stay blocking, or poke you out of it.

It does 11% chip, builds 55-65% meter back, and adds insane pressure.
I'll be looking into this further konqrr, but i've been using this tactic since early summer, and it's amazing.
As well as, F4, 1 cancel ex cutter, and only on jump in punch, 2,1,ex cutter, this confuses opponents pretty heavily.
When i finished tom off, that one didn't count. He could have punished me, but since he was so close to death, he stayed blocking the enitre time.
At 1:21, i started it after he was staggered.
It can be poked out of, I will further test this with detroit.
You can't poke out. After testing like 20 times each with over 15 characters and not one time did any poke come out. I only got hit when I tried.

But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong... please test it. Make a video of it being interrupted if you can.

And to be clear, I never even thought to use this blockstring until I saw you using it at Devastation. I forgot to put your credit in the OP which I am going to add now.

You can't poke out. After testing like 20 times each with over 15 characters and not one time did any poke come out. I only got hit when I tried.

But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong... please test it. Make a video of it being interrupted if you can.

And to be clear, I never even thought to use this blockstring until I saw you using it at Devastation. I forgot to put your credit in the OP which I am going to add now.
If you start the block string when your opponent is crouching, you can interrupt it.

By some miracle, the opponent would have to fuzzy the JPS because it hits (overhead?), and then would have to crouch back if he reads the ex cutter.

I'm trying to find someone offline, online I know it's safe. This is very interesting, because at Dev, even with a jump in, i felt very scared using it, you know?
I'm not sure it's 100% safe, so I appreciate your input, in which you may be correct.

Nice having Kitana inputs from top players, I appreciate it Konqrr.
I'll try and find it it can be poked offline, which it probably won't lol.

i think Konqrr has it correct now.

with full meter, you can do this about 4 times.
You will waste 1 meter, but gain 65-70% back after actually looking at the meter

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
ive been poked out of EX cutter numerous times (with sonya's d4) so maybe it doesnt jail small hitbox characters? i think that 1 1 2~ex cutter jails after a JiP though...not sure about f4 1~ex cutter

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
ive been poked out of EX cutter numerous times (with sonya's d4) so maybe it doesnt jail small hitbox characters? i think that 1 1 2~ex cutter jails after a JiP though...not sure about f4 1~ex cutter
It jails after a JP and if you start it while they are standing.

As good as this is, I've gone back to using 21~cutter because it jails too and if they don't block, I get another safe jump. 21 only does 1% less chip than 112.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think both are equally good. 2,1 on jump ins where you're not sure if they're going to block. 112 or 11 mixups if it's like post cutter and you know they're just going to block.

The beauty of 2,1~cutter is the push back that leaves you in that perfect range where you can d+1 them but you can blow up their counter low poke attempts with f+2,1.

Altaire

Noob
CREDIT: Mr. Mileena

It is widely used now, but tonight I added to it and found something sort of broken.

JPS~112~:en Cutter

Why is this so good?

* It jails your opponent so once they block the Jump Punch, they have to stand block the entire string.
* It does 11% chip damage.
* It builds 70% of one bar of meter.
* It is 100% safe.

If you have two bars of meter and you land a Jump Punch into this blockstring and it is blocked, you will end up with nearly two bars of meter again and be completely safe.

Using the old string of JPS~112~Cutter does 8% chip and builds just over 1/2 of a bar of meter and is very much worth using. But if you can afford the meter (close to xray), then use the :en Cutter for sure.

You can even use these strings on someone who is standblocking and it will jail them the same.

You know what's really fucked up? People think Skarlet is a bad character, when I have a similar blockstring with her. 17% for one meter, off a JIP, and it builds one bar in chip. If you have even one bar to spend, the net cost is zero meter, not one lick.

This is a good find, though. It seems silly to use an EX just for 3% more chip, but when you consider you're getting back 3/4 of a meter for it, you really aren't losing much, and 11% chip is nothing to laugh off. A lot of people don't seem to consider just how strong guaranteed chip damage is, because you're not letting your opponent build meter with the damage taken.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ex cutter definitely can be poked out of. I was just in an online match (really surprising that this was doable there) where I tried to chip out with f4,1~ex cutter against a Sektor player. Before the 2nd hit of ex cutter, he hit me with Sektor's 1,2,b1.
REV: hit me up online, I want to test this and see it for myself

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You know what's really fucked up? People think Skarlet is a bad character, when I have a similar blockstring with her. 17% for one meter, off a JIP, and it builds one bar in chip. If you have even one bar to spend, the net cost is zero meter, not one lick.

This is a good find, though. It seems silly to use an EX just for 3% more chip, but when you consider you're getting back 3/4 of a meter for it, you really aren't losing much, and 11% chip is nothing to laugh off. A lot of people don't seem to consider just how strong guaranteed chip damage is, because you're not letting your opponent build meter with the damage taken.
17% for chip? That is ridiculous. Your opponent lets you jump in and you get that... wow. Mind listing what it is here?

Something else that I've been using is 21~ex fan, jp~33~cutter, jp~21~cutter* for around 36% and you get 60% of a bar back plus you are still close for more abuse. Her normal bnb pushes them fullscreen and this is useful when you want to stay close.

* This last string is chip, but if it hits you get another safe jump.